PDA

View Full Version : unwanted fishing equipment !

Lucky_Phill
07-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Hi guys and girls.

On behalf of ECOfishers Queensland, I am appealing to Ausfishers to donate unwanted, old, new and unused fishing rods and reels to a worthy cause. The gear should be of a ' serviceable ' nature and will be intended for use by underprivaleged or disadvantaged children in impoundment situations.

The first round of donations can be made to the ECOfishers Stall at the Victoria Point VMR boaties market held this Sunday.

The details are in a post in this forum.

ECOfishers Qld and the kids thank you in advance for your support.

Cheers Phill

Assist Secretary
ECOfishers Queensland Inc.

TimiBoy
08-10-2009, 05:26 AM
I have a few rods and reels to hand over I reckon.

See you all there!

Cheers,

Tim

captain rednut
08-10-2009, 06:31 AM
ill have a look phill and donate what i can! see you there sunday as ive got a stall on my mind to clear some unwanted marine stuff. cheers jim

finga
08-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Worthy cause Phil.
What are you guys planning on the kiddy front??

Some new gear would not go astray either would it??
I just happen to know someone who'll donate some terminal tackle

geeb
08-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Excellent idea - it would cost me a $100 in fuel to go to Viccie Point so have sent an email to SOBA asking for account details and will deposit $200 towards this

$100 for the fuel and $100 for the gear you do not get. May I suggest to any others like me that if you are going to need to drive a fair disance to give away a limited amount of gear then donate the fuel money. Saves the environment as well. Phil would you mind making sure this money goes towards the kids gear. And I emailed SOBA through a different computer to mine so if they dont have the email this morning could they please PM me...thanks.......it is a great thing you all do.........I was underprivaleged once and much prefer to be over privaleged.........Geeb

Lucky_Phill
08-10-2009, 03:58 PM
This is only one of many events like this. Others will take place at different venues around the state.

Please contact me should you have any questions etc.

ecofisher@optusnet.com.au

or Chris Ryan.. President

president@ecofishersqld.org.au

Cheers.....

2DKnBJ
08-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Hey Phil

I don't have any gear to donate but if there are any rods that need a little TLC ie new guides,re binding i will help out where i can.

Cheers Dazza

shayned
09-10-2009, 01:38 PM
This is a great concept by Ecofishers Qld and can vouch for how beneficial this project can be, not only for kids but the future of recreational fishing. A big, big thumbs up on providing this proactive and beneficial service.
Shayne D
PRFMA

Peter4
09-10-2009, 02:41 PM
You've got all my unused stuff Shayne....hope the kids get some use out of it!

Regs

Pete

Damned67
09-10-2009, 11:55 PM
if the weathers crap, and I make it to the market 'cause I'm not out on the boat, I've got a bunch of rods that haven't been used in ages, I'll bring them on down.

Oh, and have ECOfishers thought of setting up a PayPal account for membership fees?
I've been wanting to join, but haven't got around to going to the bank to get a cheque drawn.

TheRealAndy
10-10-2009, 12:08 AM
if the weathers crap, and I make it to the market 'cause I'm not out on the boat, I've got a bunch of rods that haven't been used in ages, I'll bring them on down.

Oh, and have ECOfishers thought of setting up a PayPal account for membership fees?
I've been wanting to join, but haven't got around to going to the bank to get a cheque drawn.

I have set up paypal and there is a membership link on the website, its just not visible to the public yet! I need to do a bit of testing first just have not have time to date.

Chris Ryan
10-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Hi Geeb,

A PM has been sent mate with the details you need. Thank you all for your kind offers; we hope to raise quite a bit of gear and money for this very worthy cause in helping these children escape from their everyday in the joy of fishing.

See you out at the Market.

Chris Ryan
10-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey Geeb,

Thank you for that kind donation, it has been received. I will personally make sure it goes to the kids in need as I will to anyone else who pledges cash through here (you can PM me if you don't want to say so publicly).

Damned67
10-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I have set up paypal and there is a membership link on the website, its just not visible to the public yet! I need to do a bit of testing first just have not have time to date.

Any chance of PMing me as so as it's ready for public use?
I'll be joining up both myself and my son (Snag King).

Cheers!

Black_Rat
11-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks to the people who donated rods and reels at the Victoria Point VMR boaties markets today !

A bit wet early on but as the sun beamed so did the generosity ;)

ECOfishers QLD will make sure these go to the kids :)

Damo

TheRealAndy
11-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Any chance of PMing me as so as it's ready for public use?
I'll be joining up both myself and my son (Snag King).

Cheers!

No problem. The link is up now!

shayned
11-10-2009, 07:01 PM
You've got all my unused stuff Shayne....hope the kids get some use out of it!

Regs

Pete
Pete,
Thank you very much, your genorosity is amazing. I hoped to have the kit finished at the start of this month but all the extra work on Lungfish rescues has slowed us down a little. Most of the reels have been serviced now and Andy from Ecofishers has dug deep for the tackle needed to fill the tackle boxes.

Again thank you to everyone who had enough community spirit to get involved, the folks at PRFMA certainly appreciate it and there will be more kids than you can imagine who will benefit as a result of your actions.

There are so many more groups of kids which can benefit and I wish the folks at Ecofishers every success with developing this program.

Just as an aside according to Dave Downie today you should reward yourself with two new outfits for every combo that you no longer need that is donated.

I hope to at least place a story on the hand over of the gear on Ausfish when it is done, maybe in one of the magazines though.
Cheers,
Shayne

Lucky_Phill
11-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks to all the kind folks that donated rods, reels, tackle boxes, tackle and other assorted items that will go to a great cause.

It is truely appreciated and will place a smile on the faces of kids in need.

Shane,

I will go through the rods and reels and make them servicable before handing them over. I have had offers of assistance from Ausfishers here and others.

Another thanks to VMR Victoria Point, Bay FM radio and Victoria Point State School for making the day happen.

Let's not forget to thank Nugget ( let's talk fishing ) for his assistance as well.

Without an accurate count, about 35 rods and reels were handed in.

Cheers Phill.