PDA

View Full Version : 406MHz EPIRB's

PADDLES
07-10-2009, 02:37 PM
What's the go with selling a second hand EPIRB now that they are registered with AMSA? I've got myself to where I've got 2 of the buggers, can I simply flog my second one off and hope that the person buying it re-registers it in their name? Do I have to de-register it somehow? Has anyone here done this?

stinky-stabi
07-10-2009, 04:20 PM
What's the go with selling a second hand EPIRB now that they are registered with AMSA? I've got myself to where I've got 2 of the buggers, can I simply flog my second one off and hope that the person buying it re-registers it in their name? Do I have to de-register it somehow? Has anyone here done this?

you call the amsa an notify them of your intentions , in turn they can deregister until reregistered by new owner...hope this helps...i had this with my last one as the buyer wanted it in the sale so i obliged...

lee8sec
07-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Looking for a boat, so now i know. Thanks Leigh

PADDLES
08-10-2009, 08:16 AM
thanks stinky

hey paul, clear out some of your dead pm's i've sent you one

Noelm
08-10-2009, 02:18 PM
so how much for the EPIRB? I need a second one for my other boat!

PADDLES
08-10-2009, 03:58 PM
g'day noel, paul aka outsider580 got a pm in to me pretty quick so he's got first dibs on it. i didn't even get a chance to whack it into the for sale section, i mainly just needed to know what the go was with selling it first up.

anyway noel, i've got to get the boat that the epirb's in home yet, so when i do, i'll check out the expiry date and figure out a price. if paul doesn't want it i'll fire you a pm