PDA

View Full Version : Yeha My New Yammie

slickas
05-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi All,

I had owned my previous Merc 30 Seapro 2 stroke for approx 14 years and it hadn't missed a beat in all that time. I decided to take the plung and up size my motor. The first thoughts were "what to" and the size was easy hence the word UPSIZE 40HP. I looked around and decided that a 4 stroke was out of the question for a number of reasons but primarily cost verses return. If I was to gain any more power it would have to be a 3 pot so this limited my purchase to 3 motors, the Merc, the ETEC and the yammie. The ETEC was soon out of the race due to both price and electrics. I opted for the yammie as it had a gas assist lift and seemed to be a tidier unit, cost was reasonable comparitive (yammie come in at around $400 dearer). Well once I had this thing on the back of my 4.3m Savage Garnet WOW, I wish I had done this 10 years ago. I love it to say the least, 1/3 more power and climbs out of the hole with NO effort at all, (nearly throw my daughter out) Now I can get to the fish quicker and more time to fish Job done and won.

Cheers all;D;D;D;D

LostNearBribie
05-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey mate, I have a three pot Yammie 40 also. I love it.
The gas assist is a nice touch.

BaitThrower
05-10-2009, 11:03 PM
i got a 1-pot 30Hp Yammie on my 4.3m SeaJay and it goes great... Would love a 40hp though for that tiny bit extra, although my boat planes in about 2 seconds with current setup so i can't complain :)

MyEscape
06-10-2009, 05:25 AM
I have a 40hp Yammaha on my 4.35 Seajay and it's perfect for my rig.

Mine has the electric trim and tilt which could not be a better set up. Being able to trim the motor on the tiller handle makes boating so easy.

The 3 pot Yamaha are a great motor

Steve

Stik-ugly
06-10-2009, 02:38 PM
I am hoping to re power my 4.2 Viper shortly and I have been wondering which way to go . But all of the glowing reports that have been posted about their Yammies might help me with my decision .

marty+jojo
06-10-2009, 06:18 PM
I got the same 3 cyl 40hp tiller, on a 4.2m blue fin all 2003 model, 6 years on no problems, they are a great motor. I had it doing 53km/ph with the incoming tide in the brisy river the other week.
Marty.

the baker
06-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I got a yammy 40 4 stroke on my 4.2m Dory go's like a cut cat

MyEscape
07-10-2009, 04:57 AM
Marty,

That speed is what I get from my Seajay. 4.35 Escape CX and does just on 53k's

Fairly well moving for a small boat. With the electric trim/tilt on the tiller it's the bees knees to trim in or out to see what speed it will do.

Having said that, I actually rarely run it flatout, preferring to run at a moderate speed and have noticed that the oil usage is pretty well bugger all.

The 4 litre container I bought 18 months ago will last me some time yet.

Steve