PDA

View Full Version : EMOTION stealth angler?

tenzing
04-10-2009, 09:34 AM
I am giving some consideration to getting a smaller second kayak.
I have a viking double which is quite heavy for one to handle but really good when out with one of the kids (fishing or not)
I have looked at the Emotion stealth angler and it seems to fit the bill. ( I might go for the "Temptation " as it is $100 cheaper and I already have a scotty holder which I can Transplant for the cost of a second base)
Does anybody have any advice on this??
I would wait for the next 20% off sale as they seem to come up frequently.

Cheers ,
Brendan

darbwah
18-10-2009, 10:53 AM
hey mate,
i bought one for 900 at a 25% off sale and it is sweet. Comes with scotty rod holder and seat which is comfier than it looks. it is fairly dry and paddles well. i reckon at that price they are better value than the vikings.

tenzing
22-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Yes, I ended up getting one for the same price.
I found it a bit wet under the bum but some bungs made with a hole saw from the old boogie board did the trick.
Brendan

bassfan
05-11-2009, 07:27 PM
I've got one of these and they're a great little yak. Light enuf to get on & off the roof racks and very stable, easy to paddle etc. Good value at @ $900, although mine is far from std with various bits like a padded seat, sounder & rod holders etc fitted.

Love the way a good bass pulls you around in one...

tenzing
08-11-2009, 08:36 PM
I've got one of these and they're a great little yak. Light enuf to get on & off the roof racks and very stable, easy to paddle etc. Good value at @ $900, although mine is far from std with various bits like a padded seat, sounder & rod holders etc fitted.

Love the way a good bass pulls you around in one...
I am quite happy with mine too ( if I can ever get it away from my son)
I have noticed that I do get a bit wet in it. I am about 95 kg but am used to the viking 2+1 which has you much higher above the water.
Made a couple of bungs but may need to refine a little.
cheers Brendan

Bundybird
08-11-2009, 09:12 PM
As a kayak novice where would i have a look at one of the Emotion kayaks. Would they be big enough for me at 90kgs and 5yr old son?

tunaticer
09-11-2009, 05:41 PM
As a kayak novice where would i have a look at one of the Emotion kayaks. Would they be big enough for me at 90kgs and 5yr old son?

Anaconda outlets sell Emotion kayaks and have several on display at all times.

I would opt for the Stealth Angler as a second yak no dramas.

tenzing
11-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Agree with tunaticer.
Do you mean you and son at same time?
If so weight probably ok but better off with bigger yak. I use viking 2+1 with adult sized kids ( well one at a time)
Brendan

Bundybird
11-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the replys. My son would be with me most of the time. The vikis 2+1 does that mean its a 2 person yak and what are they worth if you know? cheers

bassfan
17-11-2009, 08:59 PM

Anaconda have 30% off on these at the moment (for 4 days only) but you must be a member (which is free). Wish I'd bought mine when it was discounted that much, a real bargain.

Bundybird
19-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Thanks for all your help and replys. I went to anaconda today during there 30% off sale. Settled on a Emotion Grand Slam with rudder (new model the salesman said). Has plenty of room for the two of us. Me in front little man in the back. Seemed reasonably priced with the discount in comparrison to others. Its on layby at the moment hope to get it on the water in 3 weeks. Again thanks for all the help.

bassfan
23-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks for all your help and replys. I went to anaconda today during there 30% off sale. Settled on a Emotion Grand Slam with rudder (new model the salesman said). Has plenty of room for the two of us. Me in front little man in the back. Seemed reasonably priced with the discount in comparrison to others. Its on layby at the moment hope to get it on the water in 3 weeks. Again thanks for all the help.

Good stuff, glad you got a bargain and I hope your happy with it. Many hours of paddling fun ahead...;D