PDA

View Full Version : New Fishing Show Starting on Fox.

Ricardo
29-09-2009, 08:13 PM
I saw an add the other day about a new show called Hooked.
It looks interesting and starts Oct 5th on Fox (National Geographic)
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/hooked/all/Overview

charlie09
29-09-2009, 08:59 PM
ive seen the same ad as well i think that this show is based in the USA

blacksunday
30-09-2009, 12:48 AM
theres also another show starting on discovery channel called extreme fishing starts in a week or so.

yellowbeard
30-09-2009, 06:11 AM
My beef with most of these shows is they spend most of their air time with bent rods and hooked fish and we get to see gripping pics of rod, reel and water. And it goes on and on -- and lots of whooshing off in the twin outboard shots (a la ET), and of course those infomercials. I learned more about fishing in a couple of days on Ausfish than I did in a lifetime of those shows (how about that for brown-nosing?).http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif

ThePinkPanther
30-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Sad thing is that all these shows have no resemblance to reality in how the ordinary fisho does his thing!

I just cannot make myself gaze in to the eyes of a fish with an almost religous and sexual fervour and whisper what a beautiful and wonderful creature God has allowed me to catch!

I eats 'em or chucks 'em back!

If they are any sort of a fish they should be able to handle being dropped over the side and live quite happily, if not they they are too weak and deserve to die!

I have tossed back dozens and dozens of fish without all the caressing, mooing and cooing and never seen one who has not been able to handle it!

I don't stroke them, kiss them (Oh God remember HIM??) wonder about his Dad or Mum nor give a rat's about his future.

Then we have to face the fact that all the Compare of the show wants is to get his face in front of the camera (aka Rex Hunt) as much as possible, dribble on about how he ties his knots and all the free lures he uses and loses.

I love fishing but have yet to see any decent fisho carry on like an excited ten year old teenage girl when he hooks up! They always seem to set the drag to the minimum so even the smallest of fish spend yonks of time running back and forth before getting netted and then submitted to the pathetic up close and personal attention that follows!

The only guy I ever had any time for was Steve Starling on the Rex Hunt Show. He was a great down to earth fisherman who didn't try to make a star of himself and could talk "fish talk" to the viewers. Sadly he had to play second fiddle to that galah Hunt and we never saw enough of him!

Salty_Dog
30-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Yes, between Foxtel and ONE HD, i have seen MORE ADS for up coming fishing shows, then actual fishing shows themselves.

These ads have been running for months now!!!

Lucky times have changed, and if you want a fishing show and care to put in a little effort, they can mostly all be downloaded off the net. And a lot of international stuff we don't get to see here.

Of all the american based shows i have seen, it seems the promo is more interesting than the show itself.

For me, the independents have it hands down.

YouFish TV, River to Reef, Adventure Bound, Hooked (although even Dave Buttfield is starting to sell out... or am i just getting sick of his poor English).

Even the old Hook, Line and Sinker is fun to watch (for a laugh and beer)

But what ever happened to Rob Paxevanos?? I see he has done 13 Eps for 2009, but i haven't seen one on TV down this way.
He is probably on country WIN, i only get WIN West Oz here, and its not on that this year.

Swindells
30-09-2009, 01:31 PM
"I'm just flicking around this old oyster lease and GOT'EM!! woo hoo he's runnin, Feels like he has some size to him, now i caught this fish on a new product that i'm very excited about, the new berkley ALIVE 7" shad in watermelon colour, these proven scents are irresistable to fish of all types, they come with the new berkley 3/0 powerhead and are a must for any tacklebox, they're available from all good tackleshops and retailers. so get your berkely range of soft plastics now, BERKELY - CATCH MORE FISH"... oh he got off.

Noelm
30-09-2009, 02:29 PM
I would hate to be Dave Buttfields sound man, when he does his WOOO HOOO it over loads the microphone and goes all distorted, I reckon the poor guys ear drums are still ringing, so lets just recap for a second, yibbita yibbita, shimano, woohoo, berkely, stop the bus, gulp, fireline, gone like last weeks pay, berkely, I like your work, shimano, anything I missed? did I say berkely enough times yet?

Salty_Dog
30-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Bahahahahahahah, that made my day!!!
oh yeah, you forgot to mention Daiwa free fousand times.

"So until next time, catch you somewhere on the water"

From the Hooked show....

http://images.tvrage.com/shows/24/23152.jpg

yellowbeard
02-10-2009, 08:51 AM