PDA

View Full Version : Traffic barriers in the drink

bigjimg
28-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Gidday All ,I heard on the radio that approx 60 odd traffic barriers blew off the new Gateway Bridge over the w/end. Be aware that they float below the surface.:o Jim

Chamelion
28-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Wow, that could cause some damage.

Blackened
29-09-2009, 07:06 AM
G'day

Thanx fotr the post.... and I bet you wouldn't have wanted to be fishing under there when they fell!

Dave

Hell Boy
29-09-2009, 08:28 AM
who's pays out if you did accidently hit one.? and you didn't have insurance, would it be the gateway bridge contractor? hope no one hits one, they are quite solid when filled with water

i'm assuming that they also have to retrieve the barriers as well, or are they going to just leave them like the containers off moreton::)

bryn

bigjimg
29-09-2009, 06:00 PM
They're extremely hard to spot or retrieve as they move with the tides.Most will end up in the mangroves.The CityCats will probably claim some as for the rest who knows,maybe the beam trawlers will get a bonus.Jim

Roughasguts
30-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Wonder how many I would need to stick under me caravan and turn it in to a house boat.

legsy11
30-09-2009, 06:34 PM
good luck trying to retrieve damages out of LAJV.its hard enough getting paid for work youve done on the project.
not that LAJV ARE to fully blame but lets just say that visionstream are a bunch of a.ssholes and its no wonder we've all walked off.
LAJVcould do more to help the subbys deal with these pricks.thats all.