PDA

View Full Version : what was that all about

gr hilly
27-09-2009, 08:59 PM
hi all i went for a run in a brand new 4.2 tinnie up the logan river being new i have to run in the new 30 merc. heading back to the ramp not on the plain putting along just nice when heading towards me i see 2 jet ski things flying i caried on my way while they swung in at me in the last minute nearly knoking my brother out the boat and filled me with water, i got to the ramp there was no little trailers there i checked three other ramps couldnt find them i know his face ive lived here for 45 yrs i did report them to the redy bay water police so guys watch out for these nutters>:( safe boating all. gr hill

Matt76
27-09-2009, 09:09 PM
...and they wonder why they get a bad name :(

darkside
27-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Someone on here may refresh my memory , but from what i remember the correct action in that situation is to throw a fish head at the fvckwits.

Whiting heads for small infingments , snappers for the bad ones like you experienced ..

Hey , i don't make the rules , i just follow them . !!!!

TimiBoy
28-09-2009, 05:31 AM
size 10 ball sinkers are sweet, they feel nice in the hand, and fly right...

Cheers,

Tim

littlemac
28-09-2009, 09:01 AM
hi,

they did that to my oldman and brother in law 2 weeks ago. the one that sprayed them had two people in it. they were sitting anchored up at the gazebo. i wish i had of been there in the big boat as i chased them down and ran over them.

ther are some real cabbages out there

cheers

brett

gr hilly
28-09-2009, 10:22 AM
im not the only one whose copped it, ill have a nice heavy steel slug ready next time and cast for a hook up like jagging for mullet in the old days keep your eyes open all they will do it again for sure safe boating all tight lines gr hill

Mindi
29-09-2009, 10:29 AM
guys i know you are just letting off steam but morons like that should be stopped...just grab your camera at the right moment and give the pics to the water police ...it's their job and I am sure that if you give them anything to work with they will sort them out.

Chamelion
29-09-2009, 01:53 PM
We had some idiots in a wakeboard boat come screaming past us at very close range in the maroochy a few days ago, damn near threw the mrs and kids out of the boat.

Seems it's always the same 'sort' of people...

MyEscape
30-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Whilst chucking sinkers at them is probably what we all feel like doing, the idea of a photo is spot on.

Probably even just grabbing your mobile phone and pretending to take a photo might lead to stopping the behaviour.

This must be a "hooning" offence, where the jetski and theirtowing vehicle could be impounded (like for a year or 2)

Steve