PDA

View Full Version : Borumba ????

NAGG
25-09-2009, 07:54 PM
OK ...... It appears that I need to go to Borumba this weekend . So having never been there before ....... I need the good oil "Quickly" :P

Any tips , locations :-/

I guess I'll have a crack at a toga along with a bass or 2 (ice jigs packed ::) )

any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Chris

DEANO68
25-09-2009, 08:29 PM
chris, i havent been out for a while, but i prefer to head up the left arm once you hit the timber, spinner baits, and surface early, drowned lantana, and wattle overhangs usually produce...but this time of year you may find some schools in the deeper water round the wall or on ya way up...use the spidey senses mate..there are some great snags to exploit :P ....enjoy, its a pretty place....

NAGG
25-09-2009, 08:37 PM
chris, i havent been out for a while, but i prefer to head up the left arm once you hit the timber, spinner baits, and surface early, drowned lantana, and wattle overhangs usually produce...but this time of year you may find some schools in the deeper water round the wall or on ya way up...use the spidey senses mate..there are some great snags to exploit :P ....enjoy, its a pretty place....

Thanks Deano - Looking forward to getting up there ( just hope its not too crowded) Hopefully I can find some schooled up bass & spend the busy times fishing structure ........ :)

Cheers

chris

DEANO68
25-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks Deano - Looking forward to getting up there ( just hope its not too crowded) Hopefully I can find some schooled up bass & spend the busy times fishing structure ........ :)

Cheers

chris

mmm hols, forgot.. the main basin area will be full of lice mate,..:o dont do it....have some patience at the ramp,..>:( and head for the hills.....:P ..and remember the bash is in march....do some recon..;)
deano...8-)

NAGG
25-09-2009, 08:48 PM
mmm hols, forgot.. the main basin area will be full of lice mate,..:o dont do it....have some patience at the ramp,..>:( and head for the hills.....:P ..and remember the bash is in march....do some recon..;)
deano...8-)

Not my preferred time mate ....... but Trev would be :'( :'( :'( if he didn't have his go fast prop _ So I might as well have a bit of a look around :P

Chris

nipsta
25-09-2009, 08:51 PM
mmm i remeber taste like southern comfort oh sorry that is what im drinking tonight GO THE EELS

NAGG
25-09-2009, 09:00 PM
mmm i remeber taste like southern comfort oh sorry that is what im drinking tonight GO THE EELS

OK ..... so now I know what your on ::) ;D

Go eeldogs :-/ ....... good game though!

Hey Simon ..... any craw in Borumba :P

Chris

Tropicaltrout
25-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Yeah the there are claw mate, heard a rumour there are a few schools in the basin still and some toga's up either arm

NAGG
26-09-2009, 06:51 AM
Yeah the there are claw mate, heard a rumour there are a few schools in the basin still and some toga's up either arm

Better take a couple of CRAW pots ....... cant miss that opportunity:P

Thanks for the heads up Nath

Chris

nipsta
26-09-2009, 07:02 AM
OK ..... so now I know what your on ::) ;D

Go eeldogs :-/ ....... good game though!

Hey Simon ..... any craw in Borumba :P

Chris
So i belive and good on parra cant stand the dogs parra versus broncos final hey fingers crossed;D

NAGG
26-09-2009, 07:21 AM
So i belive and good on parra cant stand the dogs parra versus broncos final hey fingers crossed;D

Not an eels or dogs fan ....... but it was a great game (probably the best i've watched this year ..... origin included)

Anyhow ...... I still see it as a Eels / Storm GF ....... & if the Eels can keep their heads , they are going to be hard to beat.

Either way ...... its going to be a pretty decent couple of games

Chris

alphas
26-09-2009, 08:27 AM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=143701&highlight=bit+late+borumba 8-)

Apollo
26-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Chris

There is a chance I will be there early tomorrow for a fluff chuck, so if I see you, I will look the other way.;D

Steve

NAGG
26-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Chris

There is a chance I will be there early tomorrow for a fluff chuck, so if I see you, I will look the other way.;D

Steve

Well I hope you enjoy your fluff chuck ....... probably going to leave home around lunch time today ....... that way I can get a bit of a feel for the dam before doing an early morning assault.

Anyways ...... If you see me , just turn the other way ;D

Chris

Steve B
26-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Chris,

Kim and I found at the bash, that when the sun came up the togas wedged themselves right in under the shade of the overhanging bottlebrushes etc, If you got a good cast into the shade you were almost guaranteed a fish or a hit....any further out, you may as well crank it back and cast again.....that was up either arm. It was great fun on bet-spins with baby bass sliders or 50mm sliver fox squdgies...didnt really matter as long as the cast was spot on.

cheers Steve

Obi _ Wan
26-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Chris,

Kim and I found at the bash, that when the sun came up the togas wedged themselves right in under the shade of the overhanging bottlebrushes etc, If you got a good cast into the shade you were almost guaranteed a fish or a hit....any further out, you may as well crank it back and cast again.....that was up either arm. It was great fun on bet-spins with baby bass sliders or 50mm sliver fox squdgies...didnt really matter as long as the cast was spot on.

cheers Steve

Hey Stevo,

On the one and only trip i've had to Borumba that's exactly what i found with the Toga's and Bass also, in tight under the shade. Cast anywhere else, zip--waste of time.

Cheers,
John.

BR65
27-09-2009, 08:07 PM
How'd ya go Chris, Brumba is on my radar for some early morn surface fishing as soon as I can get some time off.

Obi _ Wan
27-09-2009, 08:21 PM
How'd ya go Chris, Brumba is on my radar for some early morn surface fishing as soon as I can get some time off.

Hey Brian, The old Naggles dosen't like the traffic back into Brissie on the Sunday arvo ::)

I'm guessing that he will fish Monday morning and run back to Brissie mid-dayish just like he does at Mondy 8-)

Geez he's got a good job and yes i'm jealous.

Cheers,
John.

BR65
27-09-2009, 08:24 PM
John, hows tricks mate, you up and at em yet?

Obi _ Wan
27-09-2009, 08:47 PM
John, hows tricks mate, you up and at em yet?

Brian, It all seemed to be going along pretty quickly but recovery has steadied up and is really getting at me at this time.

Can't understand why the top half of the zip feels like nothing ever happened to it while the bottom half is giving me some pain that i never had before even all is healed up.

Really busting to get out for a fish, my problem is i can't pull push or lift any heavyish stuff, so no boat handling for me yet.

Everyone reckons i'm looking better than i have for years, don't know about that but i haven't had a smoke since 9am on 7th August, one plus, no coughing or fighting for air and i have a bit more money in my pocket.

Cheers,
John.

darylive
27-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Brian, It all seemed to be going along pretty quickly but recovery has steadied up and is really getting at me at this time.

Can't understand why the top half of the zip feels like nothing ever happened to it while the bottom half is giving me some pain that i never had before even all is healed up.

Really busting to get out for a fish, my problem is i can't pull push or lift any heavyish stuff, so no boat handling for me yet.

Everyone reckons i'm looking better than i have for years, don't know about that but i haven't had a smoke since 9am on 7th August, one plus, no coughing or fighting for air and i have a bit more money in my pocket.

Cheers,
John.

Well you gotta be happy with that. ;)

Apollo
28-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Hey Brian, The old Naggles dosen't like the traffic back into Brissie on the Sunday arvo ::)

I'm guessing that he will fish Monday morning and run back to Brissie mid-dayish just like he does at Mondy 8-)

Geez he's got a good job and yes i'm jealous.

Cheers,
John.

Caught up with Chris yesterday. Blew dogs off most of the day. I will let him do the report, but I think he is hooking up with Trev either today or tomorrow at the dam, so yes he is up there for a bit longer.

Steve

Whitto
28-09-2009, 06:22 AM

Cheers,
John.John just to offer some explaination.......At the bottom of your Sternum there is a bone called the Ziphpoid bone its best discribed as a rubbery soft bone......if you look at a chicken frame you will see a similiar bone there......Mine is sensitive to this day.....sound like your doing Ok......Whitto

Callop
28-09-2009, 12:03 PM

Cheers,
John.
Good onya John. Funny how you remember the date. Mine was midnight on 21/2/94. Still one of the best things I did for my health.
Dave

BR65
28-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Flicked the cigs when I was 30, had my first game of touch footy in a couple of years, and felt like I was dieing 5 minutes in - that was it, threw them in the bin the next day and never went back.

Obi _ Wan
28-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Flicked the cigs when I was 30, had my first game of touch footy in a couple of years, and felt like I was dieing 5 minutes in - that was it, threw them in the bin the next day and never went back.

One way of looking at it Brian, is don't buy two packets of cigs and there's another quality barra lure.

But mate, it's pure GOLD being able to go to bed at night, lie down and not cough my guts up for 5 minutes.

Cheers,
John.

Peter4
29-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Went from 30 per day (!!) to zero overnight. It was November 1989 on the way home from a party. After 12 years of smoking I smoked what was to be my last cigarette when my wife said "I wish you would give up smoking" - so I did! But it wasn't easy...

Now nearly 20 years on, at the age of 47, I am very fit and well, but enjoy barra fishing more than any other pastime.....giving away the cancer sticks was one of the best things I have ever done.

Oops, this is supposed to be a fishing chat....sorry! Off my soapbox now....;)

Regs

Pete

NAGG
29-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Chris,

cheers Steve

Thanks Steve

Shame I didn't see this earlier ::) Never mind , I still landed fish :) & very happy

Chris

NAGG
29-09-2009, 10:08 AM

All good Brian ........ Tried a little surface work for one boil ..... but conditions were far from ideal with those really strong winds.

awesome place though :P

Chris