PDA

View Full Version : Landbased Spearing Where to go ?

SNAPPERCOFFIN
24-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Hi guys just got a spear gun for birthday as I was going to Cato used it a few times up there and now I am hooked. So the question is when I am not away on the boat where can I go landbased ? I am at bribie island. Also next week we are heading to Elizabeth and Middleton Reefs anyone been there or know how I can find out if i allowed to spear there.

dazza
24-09-2009, 09:49 AM
hi mark,
what about sunken reef or cooks rocks? check where the green zones are first>:( vis is pretty good or the bridge pylons but might be a bit murky
maybe around the yellow cross marker out the front of the passage
cheers
dazza

bondy99
24-09-2009, 10:14 AM
G'day Mark,

I'd like to go there with a speargun too, I have a Bazooka made my Undersee twin rubber job.

I'm not as flexible as I use to be and out of condition lung wise and I don't smoke.

I'd say you could. Chances are if the area is in commonwealth waters (which I'm sure they are) then GBRMPA may have some type of zoning for that area.

Peter

bondy99
24-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Mate, I'd love to go to Middleton and Elizabeth Reef for a good fish session but cant afford it, not on Austudy payments.

Have a great time even though your working on the boat.

Peter

dazza
25-09-2009, 11:38 PM
hi mark
up off the headlands at caloundra might be ok as well, need some calm weather though
cheers
dazza

SNAPPERCOFFIN
26-09-2009, 09:46 AM
hi mark,
what about sunken reef or cooks rocks? check where the green zones are first>:( vis is pretty good or the bridge pylons but might be a bit murky
maybe around the yellow cross marker out the front of the passage
cheers
dazza

Am I alright to spear these areas I am unsure I always thought I needed to be in open water. Was thinking about red beach too nice flathead get around there.

SNAPPERCOFFIN
26-09-2009, 09:49 AM
hi mark
up off the headlands at caloundra might be ok as well, need some calm weather though
cheers
dazza

The rocks off Kings beach would be worth a go caught nice sweetlip off the rocks. But have seen some sharks swimming in the waves:o . Also what would you do for holding fish instead of swimming back I though of having a float with a catch bag to it with either a weight to the bottom or rope tied to me several meters back.

-spiro-
05-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Mark they used to spear around the rocks at Redcliffe near the lagoon. I.ve seen crays and mackeral come from there. i not sure about spear gun laws there.