PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex 510 Coastrunner

sunnycoast62
23-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Thinking of buying a Quintrex 510 Coastrunner or someting similar, has anyone got any info which might help me with other brands and or prices. Live on Sunshine Coast.

Appreciate any comments!!

DigFishing
24-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Mate,

I have a TABS Master Series 5.10 Runabout annnnnddd, Loving It !

Rides well, looks good, really solid feel on the water.

Hope the pics load ok,

Cheers

sunnycoast62
24-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the pic's looks great, I think the Quintrex will have a 60 hp 4 stroke Yamaha on it, I'm hoping that will be big enough.

Warren

Zooter
24-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Hey Dig,
Nice boat mate, what did that set you back if you dont me asking??

Zutta

WalFish
24-09-2009, 02:28 PM
G'day Warren,
I used to own a 480 Freedom Sport with a 70hp 4 stroke Johnson (Suzuki) on it and that went really well. I would think that a 60hp on a 510 would be on the verge of being underpowered with anything more than 2 people on board. Once you add eskys, fishing gear and a mate or two she might struggle a bit.

As far as Quintrex go, it did everything I needed it to. We took her up the creeks to chase muddies and a few bream and grunter, went to the reef and got a few reds and trolled up a few mackerel in between. Always felt like a pretty safe boat and cheap on the fuel for a good day out. In a bit of chop it got a good "slap" going and could get quite rough. Have recently sold it and am now awaiting a Tomahawk from Formosa.

Cheers WalFish

sunnycoast62
24-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Decided to purchase 510 Escape (old 510 Coastrunner, relabelled) but after reading about problems from other Ausfish members I'm a bit worried now about Q's and S's. I know what it's like to get a lemon vehicle and it sounds like it happens with boats also, ah well !! :-/ fingers crossed.

Warren

DigFishing
24-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks Zuttu,

We love it.

Bought everythjing seperately so got to shop around and set everything up the way we wanted, and we saved heaps. Will add everything up and send you a pm.

Is your boat parked up Hervey Bay area ?

Dig

DigFishing
24-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey Sunnycoast,

Your personal message folder is full.

Have you allready purchased your new Quinny and motor.

Dig

sunnycoast62
24-09-2009, 09:25 PM
No not as yet but taking old stacer nomad down on Friday to sell. Decided on a old 510 Coastrunner which is now called a 510 Escape fitted with a Merc Optimax 75 HP, hope it works out.

Waz

wags on the water
24-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Waz the 75hp should work well. The 60hp is a little underpowered. I used to have a 5.2 stacer with a 100hp 4st and had great fuel economy.

Cheers,
Wags

sunnycoast62
25-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the info, I hope I've made the right choice with the Quinnie.

Cheers

Waz

thylacene
26-09-2009, 12:18 PM
We bought a 540 quintrex in June, very happy with the boat. It has a 115hp 4stroke merc, and from my experiences to date, I would not want it with anything smaller. If you get the option to do so, power it to the maximum recommended if you intend to go into open waters. Trying to stay on the back of a wave heading in can require some serious grunt, and finding that you can't and you are surfing down the face of the wave from behind you is an unnerving experience.

I am a relative noob to the boating thing, but have had > 10 outings since we picked it up in June, seas on the south coast seem to be around 1.5-2M regularly, and while I am still waiting for the "glass out" I am not holding my breath, until then, we still fish anyway. Still sitting at home because the forecast says 4M seas and 2-3M swelss this weekend ;^(

sunnycoast62
01-10-2009, 04:35 PM
I wanted to go to the size up but the purse strings are streched now, I probably wont be going out in the open to often but when I do it will from Mooloolaba so no problems with waves. It would be nice to have an open cheque book and purchase the perfect dream boat!! maybe in the future.

Cheers

Waz

sunnycoast62
17-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks for that info, I have decided on a 510 Escape with a 75hp Optimax with smart guages, this should be enough as I won't be going out the front much just mainly around Maroochy river and places around the Suny Coast.

Cheers

Warren