PDA

View Full Version : Question ( Tailor and Jew)

clay73
22-09-2009, 08:06 PM
A Quick question to those in the know? I no the tailor are at fraser now. I planing a trip to Nosa North shore this Saturday is it to late in the season to catch tailor and Jew at this location.

Horse
22-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Its well worth a go. I have caught a few good sized fish in Sept in this area

SLB
22-09-2009, 11:42 PM
go for it mate seen some schoolies in the water about 6kilo a piece around the rocks

nigelr
23-09-2009, 06:48 AM
Mulloway love a feed of tailor............certainly well worth a try.
Cheers and good luck.

goat boy
23-09-2009, 08:14 AM
There are Tailor around the North Shore in Sept. It's the algae that will be your biggest problem. See Sliders recent post/s on the situation.

Slider
23-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Algae has been fairly severe the last few days but has been whiting and dart caught. Were good tailor and a small jew caught just south of D.I. mid last week when algae wasn't as bad and terns have been working the last 2 days inside the algaed area south of Teewah. So fish can be caught while the algae is about, but I would think that fishing at night near DI. or the mouth of the Noosa would be best bet for tailor and jew.

The reason I say that is because the algae settles into the sand at night which clears the water, but the cells divide and float towards the surface on air bubbles during the day, making the day time surf brown. Also, the algae tends to be less around rocky beaches or headlands and at river mouths.

Irrespective of algae, September and October should have greenbacks in the area and the occasional jew is generally taken at this time of year near D.I.