PDA

View Full Version : BOM and Tin Can Bay

Hell Boy
22-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone know where i can find information for weather reports for tin can bay?

I'm not looking at going offshore, and can't seem to find which area is is in the BOM forecasts is for that area, its not sunny coast and i wouldn't class it as hervey bay.

thanks guys,

Bryn

BGG
22-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Try http://www.eldersweather.com.au/
It should give you all the surrounding areas if not specifically TCB.

Hell Boy
22-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks BGG, i was hoping for more than the surrounding areas, as rainbow beach is in the same area, but are different weather wise as i believe the weather station is near the beach. i'll just give the Coast Guard up in Tin Can Bay and ask them

Cheers,

adoandbeck
22-09-2009, 08:00 PM
on the bom website check double island point to sandy cape that gives u the weather for offshore rainbow beach/tincan bay.

Fishbait
22-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Does SeaBreeze help at all? The S/Cst graph takes in Double Is Point and Harvey Bay. Just a thought. Cheers,

mowerman
27-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Mate, I was just up there for a week.

If it wasnt blowing 25 from the NE and bringing the bushfire smoke in, It was blowing 25 from the SW and bringing the sheep shit dust in. You could taste it.

Plenty of sandies around though. And a few jacks.

Rod

Hell Boy
03-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks guys, i pretty much already looked at seabreeze and BOM, just thought that there might of been a more accurate forecast in tin can bay itself, as the reports for Double island point, is like using Cape Moreton forecast for fishing in Moreton bay, it's a completely different environment for wind and swell, but it looks like it'll have to do.

mowerman, it would of been great to catch a few tasty jacks, shame about the weather up there last week.