PDA

View Full Version : Boating Advice NEEDED

badfisho
20-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Hello to all Ausfishers:helpa:

I have a 4.65 fiberglass fishing boat with not so deep V (tried to identify boat but without luck) powered by a 50 hp Mercury four stroke with all safety gear

I wanted some advice on how far out of the bay i should be going out
Thank you for you advice

Regards BADFISHO

Skusto
20-09-2009, 07:39 PM
weather permitting any were in the bay.. just look for the forecast like what we had all last week.. in saying that to once u learn to know what your boat can handle u will know exactly what forecast u can go out in.. its really your own experience that will be able to judge what the boat can handle and far it can go.. so to be honest u will have to experience different winds and seas to know how well it will handle.. just dont go out in real shitty winds 15kn over for know 10-15 kn winds would be fine i would presume.

White Pointer
20-09-2009, 07:50 PM
G'day,

Take some pictures of the boat in question and post them here. Somebody will know what it is and may even tell you its history.

Regards,

White Pointer

badfisho
20-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks ill have a couple of pics soon

Angla
21-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Slowly does it is the best policy unless you have boating experience. Where is your nearest boat ramp?

Cheers
Chris

badfisho
21-09-2009, 12:17 AM
The nearest boat ramp would be penrhyn rd Banksmeadow on botany bay,

Thanks alot:)

White Pointer
21-09-2009, 08:52 PM

G'day,

Then definitely post up the pictures because Queenslander's know more about boats than the rest of Australia put together. That should start an argument.

Where do you go to catch fish in and out of Botany Bay? When I lived there 18 years ago the airport runway extensions and pollution with all the shipping relocated from the harbour had killed the place.

Regards,

White Pointer

darkside
21-09-2009, 09:44 PM

Well , that being said , sure am pleased i read this post before saying , jump in and head to Moreton Island, i would have copped a bit of flack for that one.

Mind you being a QLDer we are do know more about boats than those other interstate devils so yes Moreton is a safe easy trip from Bankswhere ????

Kidding , get experience and go out with other boats as often as possible to help with the unexpected.

Zooter
21-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Mate ive had the 4.1 out 10km's offshore, Just pick your days!

Had a trip it was really crap, Bit scary and slow trip back in to the 5 km mark!

LOL i have found what is not good for the 4.1!

Make sure you have all the right safety gear and log on with your local VMR!

Good luck :)