PDA

View Full Version : Nominations for the Mikooh

NAGG
18-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Hi all you Musterers

Its time to nominate the contenders for the Annual Mikooh award

"The best / worst hard luck story associated with the Mondy muster ( A brief description of the events should be included)

The final list will be compiled & voted on by those that attended the Muster

Cheers

Chris

setthehook
18-09-2009, 09:07 AM
I nominate RC@Hinze (Richard)
After a collection of pre muster car troubles he still made it too the muster.
Whilst travelling at about 30 knts across the dam his beach towel took off in the wind and unluckily hit his lure and taking his expensive new custom rod and reel with it... after a few laps of the area sadly it was clear it had sunk to the bottom never to be seen again. I beleive it was a recent fathers day gift too add salt to the wound.
On the day of the muster he went fishless and then our trip was cut short due to a electric motor problem and a bent prop on my petrol motor.

robersl
18-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Whilst travelling at about 30 knts across the dam his beach towel took off in the wind and unluckily hit his lure and taking his expensive new custom rod and reel with it... after a few laps of the area sadly it was clear it had sunk to the bottom never to be seen again. I beleive it was a recent fathers day gift too add salt to the wound.
On the day of the muster he went fishless and then our trip was cut short due to a electric motor problem and a bent prop on my petrol motor.

I second that nomination it leaves my bearings for dead lol

shane

rc@hinze
18-09-2009, 03:25 PM
My car is still not repaired.Broke down the day before leaving after just getting new brakes on the Monday. Got a phone call today that the expected cost to be $3000 - $4000! Its was only worth $18K as a trade a couple of months ago. Serves me right for keeping it after the warranty expired - not happy!

leelee
18-09-2009, 03:41 PM

RC has my vote.

Cheers

Lee

themissus
18-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Hey Richard do you have away from home cover on you house insurance? You may be able to make a claim on your rod and reel that way, will still cost you the excess though. Bugger about the car!! They can be expensive can't they.
Cheers Kim.

rc@hinze
18-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Good idea Kim. I will follow that up. The excess hopefully wont be more than a new combo. - Richard

STIFFWORM
18-09-2009, 07:00 PM
hi guys an girls. 2 b onest I didnt hear 2 many hard luck stories ( prob cause i didnt catch up with 2 many musters ), but i did loose an outfit in a very similar way on the Burrum riv 2 years back. So i no the felin.So my vote goes 2 R C HINZE. Anyway thanks 2 every 1 i spoke 2, nearly broke my drought. C u all next year,;D hopefully sooner. Cheers Les.

robersl
18-09-2009, 07:25 PM
he les it was good to catch up with you and your mate love the boat and it's name

shane

robersl
18-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Nagg can i nominate myself for loosing my doughnut badge in the main basin monday morning i am lost without it ireckon kimmie stole it

Just Kidding

gunna
18-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I thought Kimmy might get the nod for her car getting dinged. But is is only a holden after all. I will go with the Hinze !!

BR65
19-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Hard call.
Richard, losing the 'grell sucks!

Im gunna put up Kimmy, now known as Butterfingers.

A puncture wound to her new black baby, then had to endure Rod smacking fish whilst she dropped them, last time I saw her and Rod all the electrical gear in the utes console had frozen up, which would have meant a long drive home chewing on a donut, with no radio to drown out Roo's theories on why he kicked her butt all week end!

nipsta
19-09-2009, 08:20 AM
hi guys an girls. 2 b onest I didnt hear 2 many hard luck stories ( prob cause i didnt catch up with 2 many musters ), but i did loose an outfit in a very similar way on the Burrum riv 2 years back. So i no the felin.So my vote goes 2 R C HINZE. Anyway thanks 2 every 1 i spoke 2, nearly broke my drought. C u all next year,;D hopefully sooner. Cheers Les.
yes les would have been nice to catch up for sure but loosing a rod sux for sure
and my vote goes to rchinze

NAGG
19-09-2009, 08:25 AM
This tip I had nothing

I arrived intact

caught some fish

arrived home intact

...... Quite amazing really ;D

Anyhow ....... Its too hard call for me . Richard or Kimmy - so I'm going 50 / 50

Chris

Tropicaltrout
19-09-2009, 08:54 AM
I will go Richard as my vote...

Kimmy would be a second then Daryl of corse... Kimmy with the ute hit, no dash lights bloody boat wouldn't go??? and many hits and losed fishies.

BR65
19-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Ahhhh, the Mikooh, the award no one wants to win!

Steve B
19-09-2009, 09:31 AM
My vote is Richard by a smidgey over Kimmy !!

Both horrible bad luck stories!!

Good luck to both with your cars, rods and insurance companies!!

cheers Steve

buggerit
19-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi all
My vote has to be with Richard . But then again he didn't make rocky road . A vehicle can be fixed but losing your fishing gear hurts for a lot longer .

Buggerit

Roo
21-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Cars are fixable....and in our case, won't cost us anything but a minor inconvenience since the Chap who created that calamity came over to our camp and exchanged details for our insurance claim. The console electronics came good when I fired her up that day to retrieve the boat....mysterious gremlin I'm sure but after a quick convo with the local Holden service tech, will be booked in for a proper check at a later date. Odd thing is when It came up again, the date was still correct but the clock had lost 53mins....spooky. Kim was quite thankful that she didn't have to listen to me theorising on why she dropped as many fish as I boated....I have some ideas but I will save them for the next time the stereo is busted::) . I did her a favour anyway by snoring most of the way home, she drove from Maryborough onwards to home...4 hrs straight up, I only woke to the sounds of a V8 snarling and the beeping of the overspeed warning as she negotiated a line of slow traffic bunched up close behind, yet unwilling to overtake a caravan. It was only when the dash warning sounded she remembered the boat in the rear view was attached...::) . lol shes not impatient....just doesn't like "F@%#%#g waiting for morons unable to figure out what the pedal on the right does!!!!oh thats right, its the GO pedal!"8-)

Oh and the boats fixed too....turns out it wont start if you put it in gear first!!! how about that for a safety feature.;)

My vote goes for Richard, I know the pain of tossing lots dollars over the side.....no fun at all.

Cheers Roo.

Peter4
21-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Kyle & I also vote for Richard....poor bugger. I would be crushed too if my favourite combo went for a swim at speed in Monduran!

Our only misfortune was to bend a prop but that will be easily fixed this week...

Pete

themissus
21-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Hard call.
Richard, losing the 'grell sucks!

Im gunna put up Kimmy, now known as Butterfingers.

A puncture wound to her new black baby, then had to endure Rod smacking fish whilst she dropped them, last time I saw her and Rod all the electrical gear in the utes console had frozen up, which would have meant a long drive home chewing on a donut, with no radio to drown out Roo's theories on why he kicked her butt all week end!

Cheers Brian....... I have to say I've had better weekends!! If it wasn't for the great company it would've been a shocker:o
As Rod has said electrics worked out fine but I would have slipped him something to help him sleep on the way home to stop my suffering if they hadn't:devil:
Cheers Nath and Pete for dobbing me in about the boat!! ::) I'd had a crack driving around the dam that day too and thought I did pretty well, nothing like a slip up to bring you back with a thud:-[
Cheers Kim.

Pete62
21-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Sorry Kimmoie, my bad:-/. How about this one, Rob and I were scouting around on one of the days on the outboard with the lecky sitting up on it's cradle, with the bow sounder's transducer attached, as we were poking along Rob is looking at the bow sounder, "Geez it's warming up in this bay, 27,28,29,30....Bloody hell this is the hottest water we have seen. Couldn't help myself, let him have half a dozen casts b4 I told him;)

Maybe that is why he outfished me :-[ Bad Karma.

Pete.

robersl
21-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Oh and the boats fixed too....turns out it wont start if you put it in gear first!!! How about that for a safety feature.;)

Roo i was coming back on the nitro that day and as we approched the ravine i swear i heard a lot of cursing and swearing in a female voice that wasn't kimmy was it when we pulled up at the ramp a lot of fellas laughing but would not comment on why:-X
What time did you guys get home you would of got all the gateway traffic woudn't you it took me 3.hours forty from gin gin

shane

themissus
21-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Shane, It wouldn't have been me swearing and cursing::) :P We had a dream trip home, 4 hrs exactly from sexy coffee to our door......I love my new car8-)

robersl
21-09-2009, 02:47 PM
4 hr from sexy is a good run how many speeding tickets or have they not arrived yet lol

shane

tossie
21-09-2009, 04:42 PM
My vote is also for Richard, I reckon the combo over the side i could handle if it hadn't been a fathers day present. That is the kick in the guts!!!

Cheers Shaun

darylive
21-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Congratulations Richard :-/

Well If congratulations are in order for the award no one really wants :P.

Loosing a new Grell outfit, especially a Fathers Day gift definitely takes the award in my book.

Kim and Roo were lucky the Bloke who hit Black Betty did the right thing. ::)
Apparently he was getting directions from some female at the time ;).
back, back, back, bang, :o stop! DOH

As for me, well it was one of my better trips, limited damage and no injury. The nave lights were easy to fix and Super Cheap had tarps on special so that's the new boat cover. Oh and while I was there they had a 1,000,000 candle recharge able spotty on sale and I saved $30 off that too ;D.

Anyone seen my sunnies, polarized, aviation / police style frames, they're prescription so they are no good to you.

NAGG
21-09-2009, 06:05 PM
It certainly looks like a no brainer

Do we give it to Richard ????::)

Chris

Tropicaltrout
21-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Daryl I herd someone esle giving directions too up there apparently if they cant speak english best method is to yell:oops: ... and no whale watching:LMAO:

darylive
21-09-2009, 06:11 PM
It certainly looks like a no brainer

Do we give it to Richard ????::)

Chris

Yes Chris I believe we have a loozer! :LOL:

BR65
21-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Gone and dusted Chris, Richard "deserves" it mate!

darylive
21-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Daryl I herd someone esle giving directions too up there apparently if they cant speak english best method is to yell:oops: ... and no whale watching:LMAO:

Well you never know if they can hear properly with those squinty eyes?:chinese::shifty:

rc@hinze
21-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Well I don't know if its the title I want to be known by, as Brian says, " the award that no-one wants", but if I am to be known as the biggest loser of the 2009 Muster so be it.
I take it humbly and in memory of my new custom Egrell I received for fathers day, my Revo Inshore and new Bionic Braid now resting in 13m of water up at "H". Also in memory of my old intake manifold which may as well be in 13m of water in "H" as well and the new one that still hasn't turned up!
Thanks to all those who voted for me. It wasn't a honour to receive it but it was a comfort. - cheers to all Richard - loser@monduran !