PDA

View Full Version : Stradbroke Island

Pacific
17-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Hi Guys ,

Looking at going to North Stradbroke next month . I would like to camp on the beach but take a tinnie as well . Any good ideas of somewhere with some facilities that doesn't get too crowded.

Thanks in Advance

Pacific

Marlin_Mike
17-09-2009, 05:30 AM
adder Rock? amity?

The redland city council will help you if you ring them.....

http://www.more2redlands.com.au/Explore/Camping/Pages/default.aspx

cheers
mike

chisel
18-09-2009, 09:50 AM
I guess you could camp down Main beach or Flinders and put the boat in somewhere - off the beach at the pin perhaps?
Won't be crowded outside school hols. Amity is probably better if you are mainly fishing in the tinny.

ozscott
19-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Amity would certainly be better for fishing in the tinny - some people do launch from Flinders/Adder Rock but its not my cup of tea. I love Flinders camping - not fresh water but you take some Jerrry cans up to Adder and get water just near the Caravan park - access road fence, even a place to pull in. Watch the speed on Flinders and the police with laser guns along there too. Its a tame dog off leash camping ground and there is sometimes a tosser or two with a small angry bull terrier that isnt too tame....apart from that its a dream place to stay and you feel like you are a million miles away from hassles.

Cheers

Pacific
22-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Thanks to you all .

That has given me lots of info .

Regards

Pacific

swabio
30-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey Guys,

Where is the best place to stay if you are only going to do LB fishing? Preferably kid friendly also ;)

Thinking of heading over there next month also, to do a weekend of camping.... as we only have a softroader.... holden adventra.... I am not willing to head offroad in it, as I doubt it would handle deep soft sand....

CHeers

chisel
30-09-2009, 02:10 PM
swabio -
You can camp at Amity and fish off the rock walls or jetty there (both within easy walk of camp ground). Or you can camp up at Adder Rock/Cylinder beach and fish off the beaches up there. I'd say the fishing might be better at Amity but being right near the beach (eg. Adder rock) is great for the kids too.

swabio
30-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks Chisel,

They both look like nice spots to spend a few days with the family!