PDA

View Full Version : FREE Fishing Seminar - $5000+ in Prizes

Nugget
14-09-2009, 04:29 AM
I’m putting on a free fishing seminar. – Book HERE (http://www.nuggetfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_illbethere&task=view&id=1&Itemid=314)
There will be a raffle to raise money for the Childhood Cancer Support Foundation.
You buy a $1 ticket at the start of the night and you are in the draw for all the prizes which will be drawn throughout the night.
Of cause you can buy more tickets if you like J

ADDRESS: TJM Warehouse, 150 Robinson Rd East, Geebung (MAP HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=150 Robinson Road +Geebung+Qld++))
DATE: Wedsesday September 30
TIME: Doors open 6pm
Booking: Ring TJM (Bus. hours) on Ph. 3865 9999 or book online HERE (http://www.nuggetfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_illbethere&task=view&id=1&Itemid=314)

Prizes have been generously provided by TJM and their preferred suppliers – the prize pool is over $5000 and includes:

1 x RED centa “Boulia” roof top tent – valued at around $1500
1 x OX 8500 lbs winch – valued at just under $1000
1 x ER 10 212 ten coupler ERPS system - valued at around $1000
3 x OX recovery Kits type 1
85lt Eva-Kool icebox
25lt Eva-Kool icebox
Live Fibre rods
4 x LR 711-01 one litre bucket of "Liquid Rubber"
We also have a few ‘Ladies only’ lucky door prizes of Wilson combos.

The guest speaker line up is also fantastic:
Don Shewring (TJM), Duncan O'Connell, Craig Tomkinson, Wayne Young, Steve Gregory

Don Shewring
Don and his TJM staff have a lifetime of off road, camping and outback
travelling knowledge and will show you of the latest in equipment to make your travels more enjoyable.

Duncan O'Connell
Latest fishing gear and how to use it
Duncan will share his wealth of knowledge on lures and how to use them offshore and in the Bay

Craig Tomkinson
Craig's results targeting big red emperor and other offshore monsters are legendary - he'll give you all the secrets, bait, rigs and techniques.

As an added attraction I’ll also be “Grilling the Gurus”
Some of Qld best anglers in a question and answer session that will leave no secrets
YOUR QUESTIONS... THEIR ANSWERS and Nugget won't let them fib!
Wayne Young - Mr Whiting
Steve Gregory - The 'Outcast' - What Steve can't catch doesn't swim

For more information and to book online go HERE (http://www.nuggetfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_illbethere&task=view&id=1&Itemid=314)
This should be our biggest to date - here's hoping we can raise a lot of money for the kids.
PS - There will be a sausage sizzle as well in case you're comming straight from work.

Lovey80
14-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Cant we make it a week later? Doh ok next time,

Sounds like a great night I hope some people put up reports on the night.

Cheers

Chris

Angryant
14-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Sounds good - I'm in!

sleepygreg
14-09-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm in as well. A good cause to support is hard to pass up. Might actually learn something, and maybe pick up a prize as well.

TheRealAndy
15-09-2009, 03:40 AM
I'm there - dont really need any of the gear but will by a couple of dozen tickets for the kiddies. Good cause.

shrunken pojie
15-09-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm in. Can't wait.

oldboot
20-09-2009, 11:14 PM
4 buckets of liquid rubber..????:D

robersl
21-09-2009, 09:09 AM
yeh im am also in keen to pick youngy's brain on more whiting tips lol

shane

MICHAELG
21-09-2009, 09:45 AM
yep - count me in- I will bring a lady, so i have more chance at winning something;D

Michael

youngy
21-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Hi Robers, look forward to seeing you and the other Ausfishers there, it will be a good night. cheers wayne.

charlie09
29-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Yup da missus and i r in as well c u all there :)

mono
30-09-2009, 10:06 AM
4 buckets of liquid rubber..????:D

I think it is in case you dont have one in your wallet!!

You just dip the old fella in - wait 30 seconds - and hay presto - instant protection!!!! ;)

Cheers

shrunken pojie
30-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Great night lads. Thanks to Nugget and his team. Guest speakers were great.

Well done.

Phill

sleepygreg
30-09-2009, 11:06 PM
It was a good night, really enjoyed the talks by Craig and Duncan (though someone should tell Craig that trying to show an audience of 300 people at night, how to rig up lines is not a very good idea....would have loved to see his bait rigging) Well MC'd by Nugget, and the grilling of Youngy,Steve,Duncan and Craig was very interesting. Plenty of prizes given out (though I didnt score one) and looking at the wads of raffle tickets some ppl had in their hands.....a far bit of money must have been raised (which was the main purpose of the night). Top notch sausage sangers and at the right price, and the "real" coffee van was a good move on a cool night. And Kudos to TJM for providing a great venue with plenty of parking.

Cheers
Greg

robersl
01-10-2009, 06:59 AM
I Second all the comment above and thanks to Nugget for arranging it and to youngy for letting me pick his brain a bit

Regards Shane

youngy
01-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Hi Shane, it was great to talk to you as well mate and i am sure i asked just as many questions to you about fishing your areas as you did me, this is how we all learn and improve as fishermen.

It was a great night and hopefully there will be more in the future, cheers wayne

lippa
01-10-2009, 05:40 PM
i really enjoyed the night, especially craigs talk, if he had a headset mic, no worries.
and winning the 85l eva kool was a bonus!!!!!!!!!!!!

PinHead
01-10-2009, 05:42 PM
a good night..just got a lil bored with the bloke with the lures...obviously knows his stuff but, as with Craig, holding up something that small and expecting people to see it and understand what he was talking about is a bit diffifcult. Even though they were passed around it was hard putting 2 and 2 together after 30 minutes before the lures reached you. A presentation screen would have been good.
All in all a good night...bought $50 of raffle tickets and not one prize..typical of my luck.

Youngy and Steve were good on the whiting fishing..clear and concise.

PinHead
03-10-2009, 07:26 AM
I did like Craig's family motto...if you don't make a living from it or are going to eat it then leave it alone.

stevelcqld
03-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Hey

I enjoyed it as well, my only suggestion would be to have hand outs from each of the guys that present even if it's just some bullet points on what they talked about that way the fuzzy gray matter can be reminded the next day.. Suggested the same to the BCF guys.

A mate did win some liquid rubber.. His wife wondered what sort of talk he had been too :-[

Cheers,

Steve