PDA

View Full Version : help re connection of 2008 suzuki engine interface

Seafarer SA
11-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Good afternoon,
I have a DF140 ( PURCHASED 2008) and have just bought from the USA a multifunction guage kit(990C0-88001-kit) and the 2008 interface adaptor(990C0-88035). The problem I have is that I cant work out where the interface adaptor cable plugs into. I presumed it plug into the port where the engine diagnostics are done from but it has a male connection and the adaptor also has a male connection. I may be totally of the track here. If anyone has connected this system and can send photos or a good discription of how to connect you would lower my stress level dramatically.

many thanks
Seafarer sa

tin can marlin
12-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Contact Keith at Jeffers motorsport he is a lendgend on the northside of brissy with the suzy product he will put you straight.

Blackened
12-09-2009, 12:14 PM
G'day

Tcm, Just guessing by his username, he may be from south australia?

Sorry I cannot help Seafarer

Dave

honda900
14-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Seafarer SA,

do a search in the electronics forum of this site, Yes you are 100% correct, the plugs you have are both female, you need a yamaha guage harness plug male fitting.

Regards
HOnda.

Seafarer SA
14-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Seafarer SA,

do a search in the electronics forum of this site, Yes you are 100% correct, the plugs you have are both female, you need a yamaha guage harness plug male fitting.

Regards
HOnda.

Thanks honda, i really appreciate the help, can you confirm that it does plug into the diagnostic port.I will contact Yamaha tomorrow to see if they can supply me one.
cherrs

Seafarer sa

honda900
15-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Confirmed, above the fuse box on the left hand side as you look at it, you will see a rubber cover with a grey plug in it, that is the diag port, when you get your connector your can plug it in there.

If you need the wiring configuration search the electronics threads again, I put a post up with the wiring connections.

Regards
Honda.

Seafarer SA
15-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Confirmed, above the fuse box on the left hand side as you look at it, you will see a rubber cover with a grey plug in it, that is the diag port, when you get your connector your can plug it in there.

If you need the wiring configuration search the electronics threads again, I put a post up with the wiring connections.

Regards
Honda.

Thanks Honda, I have had a good look at the electronics section and have found plenty of usefull information.Once again thanks
Seafarer