PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Tournament / Mustang

wombatone
08-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Well sold the 6m Quinney and been on the hunt for something soft riding and able to travel to the outer grounds for some Bluewater fishing. I've think I've gone over to the GRP side over alloy. Saw a 2250 Tournament the other day and was impressed. Does anyone have any experience with this boat hull either in the Cuddy form or Walkaround? Mostly I'm after comment about the ride and behaviour in the open with this hull which has an 18 deg 'moderate' deadrise. Thanks in advance chaps.

Regards
Wombatone

ashleyhj74
08-09-2009, 09:23 PM
I've been in the earlier 2150 mustang walkaround. Great layout, nice deep walkaround, but one of the wettest boats i've ever been in (sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear mate).

chris_s
08-09-2009, 09:23 PM
My mate had a bluewater mustang a couple of years ago and to be honest i didnt think the ride was that great, i believe they are the same hull. I have no doubt the signature ride better with their hull design as that is what he had prior to the mustang.

Angla
08-09-2009, 09:36 PM
When I was hunting for boats I found Mustang were a heavy boat, if my memory serves me correct.

I ended up with the Cruise Craft and am happy for it.

Cheers
Chris

wombatone
09-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks chaps. Reading some articles and from the comments of others it does seem that the hull is not as dry as it could be. Other than that it does seem to be a decent boat for a moderate deadrise.

Regards
Wombatone

siegfried
10-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Definately test one mate in average or less then average conditions, lots of better boats out there in that class , as stated they are wet and hard

TJ Bear
10-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Have been in one and drove it for a day in 1.5m swell and .5m wind chop from a 15-20knt breeze and it was wet and hard riding also was a bit sus in a following sea. Would look at a Haines Signature, Cruise Craft or Haines Hunter well before a Tournament. I think resale would be better with any of tthe above as well.

predator
10-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey wombat

I had a 1997 2000 Mustang tournament with a 150 yammie for a few years and only sold it to go smaller. They are not a heavy boat (around 1600kg BMT compared to some other 6m boats) and I found it dry. The only thing I would have different is I would have had trim tabs to help with weight distribution, apart from that I wish I still had it. I dont know how different the 2250 is, I thought they were the walk-around configuration only.

Sure there are better riding boats out there (signatures etc) but they do cost more and if you want to spend the extra money I would have a signature.

I have pictures and brochures from some boat magazine tests if you pm me your email address.

cheers

Wayne

wombatone
14-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the input Chaps. Always helpful to get a few opinions from people in the know.

Kind Regards
Wombat