PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Haines Seaquest,seafarer Sea Boat Or Not

blackjew
05-09-2009, 07:00 AM
MakeHAINES ModelSEAQUEST Hull Year1989 Metres5 Feet16.4 HullMono PowerPower UsageLeisure. CurrencyAUD Price$8,000* Reference CodeCM6480
description
REGISTERED 1989 SEAFARER HALF CABIN, WITH EVERYTHING INCLUDED MUST SELL,SUCH AS.... FISH FINDER ,RADIO, LIFE JACKETS, REGISTERED TILT TRAILER HAND HELD GARMEN GPS, 70 ENENRUDE 2 STROKE,DUAL BATTERIES, NEW SEATS,NEW BIMINI.HAS BUILT IN TACKLE DRAWS , BAIT BOARD. ALL IS IN VERY, VERY GOOD CONDITION!!!!!!!!!
Thinking of buying this boat its a 16.4 foot Seafarer,Seaquest Ive read some older threads in the Archives but maybe i missed the one that reads they are or are not a good boat for outside.Has anyone had one of these in a past life ,as the budget only allows for something around the 7 grand mark .Cheers Rob

boatboy50
05-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Hey,

That's a Seafarer Venus, not a Seaquest.

They were made form the mid seventies, thorugh to about 1986, so I doubt that one is a 1989.

I owned one for seven years, and they are a great boat. They are based on the famous V-Sea hull, and you won't find better for the size and price.

I did a full rebuild on mine with a new transom and pod, becasue the cut away transom annoyed me and wasted a lot of space.

Search www. seamedia.com.au, and you'll find an article there I wrote in the rebuild section of the site.

Regards

Darren

Saltboy
05-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Hi

Yeap, that's a Venus alright. Great little boat. My Dad had one for nearly 20 years. I went for my marine license in ours as a 16 year old in 1980 and have fantastic memories of the boat. Fished it from Tweed to Airlie beach, beach launched it heaps of times at Rainbow and even lived out of it on boys trips away !!
Great seaworthiness, dry boat with good characteristics. From memory was a bit weird with the way it use to drift but this was fixed with witches hats. Quite heavy also which helped ride but I personally would have the maximum HP on her. Also I think the Venus was a tad under 16 ft. Around 4.75 ?
If they're in good condition, I think they're a great boat and hours of fun for yourself and family.

Dave

blackjew
05-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks heaps for the great info boatboy50,and saltboy ,so that explains everything its not the boat i thought it was as per the add at the top.But still would be ok cheers Rob.