PDA

View Full Version : 6.2 seastorm v yalta 615 odessa

rosco1974
04-09-2009, 10:20 PM
was seriously thinkin bout buying a new seastorm boat then come accross the yalta's and are bout the same price,have a 610 makocraft now and looking for a better riding boat,i think the seastorm boat would ride better than my current boat but would the yalta out perform the 2 plate boats....the only thing that worries me is the yalta seems under powered with the 130hp they are packaged with..any feedback would be great
cheers rosco

dunny
05-09-2009, 12:34 AM
I would ride in both and make your decision from there.;) A plate boat will ride differantly in the same conditions compared to the glass boat, it all depends on how far you intend to travel and how quickly you want to get there.;D

Blackened
05-09-2009, 07:30 AM
G'day

Ross, Grand_Marlin refurbished an odessa, I had a trip or 2 with him, we had a 130 saltwater series yamaha on the back.

I too thought it was underpowered but in fishing trim, 3 adults on board we were running around at 24kts or so at around 4100 by memory. Not to shabby at all.

Dave

Scalem
05-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Rosco,

I was in the same boat ( pardon Punn) as you about the Yalta, only I thought the triple 5 was going to be underpowered with the 115hp. If you can afford to go the 4 stroke, I can't advise to do so strongly enough. Only you should be looking at the 150hp Yamaha on the Odessa if you buy from the same dealer as I did, who only sell Yammy. Don't go the 2s or you will regret it. There are others on here who eventually wanted more range because their 2s configs drank too much of the 150 litrs under floor that you get with Yaltas.

My Triple 5 will do close to 60kph wot with the 115 4S, and that's plenty for me. I was passed by a big plate boat on the bay last trip out like I was standing still, but I bet he used a lot more fuel than I did going to the Cape and back, for the sake of maybe 10 mins arrival time the difference, if that. I followed Frankoo if you remember the thread, and I managed to keep up with his CC 685, though I would have preferred a little slower for a more comfortable ride because I'm getting soft in my old age. Yaltas suprise most for their ride ability, including me. I still brace myself as I approach waves expecting a sharp entry, then having taken the wave, I often look back and wonder what all the fuss was about. 615 with a 4s 150 Yammy would be my choice. Good luck!

Scalem

indy
05-09-2009, 07:47 AM
I seriously wouldn't think that by changing your current boat to a 6.2 seastorm or the glass boat that your going to improve your ride by a great deal unless you get a cat. I have a 6m sportfish and have been out in other glass and plate boat around the same size and dont think there is a great deal of difference, come out for a ride in mine if you like, it just seems alot of money to be throwing around for not much gain, can you afford to go bigger 7m stuff then i think it would be worth it.

PinHead
05-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Scalem...do they still put only the 150 l tank on the Odessas??? Too small on either boat really if you want to do any distances

AnthonyL
05-09-2009, 02:09 PM
I am also interested in buying the odessa 2200 which I saw at the boat show.

It looked great value and my research seems to show positive results, but I too would like to go take a test drive before purchasingl

rosco1974
05-09-2009, 07:33 PM
is there a dealer in brisbane that stocks the yalta craft...drove down to marine tune this arvo and didnt really get to far with them inbetween the sales man answer his phoneand chattin to his wife and then walkin off to see another customer b4 answering a question i asked him...poor form in my opinion...dont think i would buy a boat of them now as the service is ordinary
cheers rosco

Scalem
05-09-2009, 11:10 PM
They have their moments of busyness Rosco, and around the time of boatshows ( wasn't it last weekend?) their whole world turns upside down. Last years' results I think they sold 10 triple 5's and half a dozen Odessas, so they will still be recovering from the show and trying to fill orders. Not making excuses for them, but I know these guys, when they are that busy you have to be clear of your intentions. Walk in again when you are ready and ask "who wants to sell me a boat??" That should do it! I think you have to go out of Brisbane to find another dealer, these guys are fine.

Scalem

joe 09
06-09-2009, 12:09 AM
and i think there doing southport boat show next weekend too

AnthonyL
06-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Yeah I agree with Scalem, they would be really busy straight after a boat show, that's why I was holding off for a bit.

Marine Tune said there is a 3 month wait at the moment, which I assumed might even mean a bit more than that.

I searched and couldnt find another dealer, Marine Tune seem to have a good rep and selling lots of boats is a good sign that they will stay in business.