PDA

View Full Version : Kevlacat 2400 or Noosacat 2300

perko
04-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Which boat would you prefer and why? Has anyone riden in both boats? Will be used for 2-3 day trips out off Turkey Beach. Does the Markham 7m rate against the others? Have I missed any other cats that are in this category.

Blackened
04-09-2009, 06:17 PM
G'day

Coastalcat 7m, are you staying strictly to 'glass? older sharkcats?

Dave

perko
04-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah glass only this time. Had a sailfish, great boat but sick of bubbling paint and hard to clean. Want late model or new as I don't have time to tinker with them.

Ally Jack
05-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Perko,

I haven't ridden in either boat but this one might suit your needs and for less than most 2400's are advertised for
Looks like it has nearly everything anyone could want in a offshore rig

http://www.boatlocator.com.au/boats/14108

Ally Jack

perko
06-09-2009, 06:52 AM
looks the goods ally jack, but that would won't fit in my shed, plus being in WA doesn't help with trucking costs, hard to inspect etc. Thanks for your input though.

Smithy
06-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Gees Tone you have bought sight unseen before! That is a steal!

perko
06-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Don't tempt me, that is the size boat i reckon I should be getting into. If it was in QLD and I could get a look and if the shed was high enough it would be an option. I can lengthen the shed easy but the height is a bit hard.

perko
06-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Looks a bit like a yanky built one though. What do you reckon? Seats, padded coamings and trailer don't look like the aussie style.

Dean1
06-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Yeah the seat padding makes it look yanky built. That is a dam good buy the boats that are Vic, Wa etc are always cheaper making them more attractive. Give it some thought if your keen as I flew to melbourne from brisbane to view my Kcat and it was well worth the flight as I bought it for a great price compared to what it would have fetched up here. Cost me $1500 to get it transported up, transport costs have definately gone up but do your sums you may be tempted. Nice KC hopefully one day ill be looking at something like that !! ;D

Dean1
06-09-2009, 09:18 AM
As for the 2400KC or 2300NC i think their probably about on par not alot between those two boats. The NC is a about 500mm more hull in the water i think i would be happy with either of those. I do like the interior on the 2400KC better tho except for the side pockets which are way too small I dont know what they were thinking there, my 5.2 has much bigger ones!! Love big side pockets!!!

perko
06-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Noosa cat has a better transom walkthrough. I loved fishing out there on my Sailfish. Best spot on the boat for landing big fish. Motors stick out a long way on the KC. I have seen the odd KC with a transom door.

Can you sleep in the cab of the Noosacat ok?

Leisurecat
07-09-2009, 05:56 PM
should have a look at the Leisurecat 7000. Better finish, better layout, better use of space and if your, walkthrough transom, one peice safety glass windscreen so no blind spots and protection under the full hardtop.

www.leisurecat.com.au (http://www.leisurecat.com.au)

finding_time
07-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Just had a look at the site, Jees there ugly!!! My opinion only but that's was my first impression!

Ian

Ps Perko

I've now spent a bit of time in a 2400, i'm in love , nice!

julian1
07-09-2009, 08:32 PM
at least they update their website !!!!!

they may be flopped hulls (from two major cat Aussie brands) but at least they have concentrated on fitout to please the finance ministers !!

Leisurecat
09-09-2009, 04:25 PM
at least they update their website !!!!!

they may be flopped hulls (from two major cat Aussie brands) but at least they have concentrated on fitout to please the finance ministers !!

Sorry to say but not flopped hulls.

Just got photo's and video of the new 7000 Gamefisher yesterday and should be up on the site if not today, tomorrow.

wont lean half as much as a 2400 in a turn and run down a wave better too.

fly_1
09-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Have seen the finish on the leasurecat, and its NO better than the kcats or noosacats. Ugly looking thing as well!!!!

Reel Force
09-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Gday Perko,
Only just joined this site. Info about 2300 Noosacat, I have a NC 2300 the deck area is greater on the NC compared to the KC, but this means the cabin on the KC is larger than the cabin on the NC. If you want to sleep in it i would go the KC.

Russ

finding_time
09-09-2009, 05:26 PM

Ok so it flatter in turns and better down a wave , but where does it loose out? Looking at the pics the hulls aren't as sharp eg. wider so your going to have more inital lift , they will it appears resist being thrust downward so that will make it better in turns ( nothing that trim wont solve by the way) and i can see an advantage running down hill but and to me it a big but, your going to loose softness of ride across and into a swell right??and that wave splitter is going to do bugger all if your hull wont sink and absorb the shock right? Looking forward to the reply as to my way of thinking it hard to have big gains in performance wiothout big losses somewhere else!

Ian

Leisurecat
09-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Have seen the finish on the leasurecat, and its NO better than the kcats or noosacats. Ugly looking thing as well!!!!

would agree on the finish of the old model boats. the new generation models dont have any flow coat finish and all come with gloss moulded finish so are easy to keep clean and keep the cook happy. Large dash that can flush mount twin 12" or 15" screens, No more 3 peice windscreens with large breaks in the screen, single 10mm curved safety glass, moulded overhead compartment for radios and stereo. you should have a look at the new ones.

julian1
09-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Sorry to say but not flopped hulls.

Just got photo's and video of the new 7000 Gamefisher yesterday and should be up on the site if not today, tomorrow.

oh really.....:P

the early model 7000 (pictured on your website under cats in service) could be mistaken for a 6.2 kevlacat except for the transom set up, oh and the 9000 hull looks remarkably like a NC3100

belwo is a leisurecat what does everyone else think ??

http://www.leisurecat.com.au/catsinservice/crayzct.jpg

and the 3100 oops the 9000 ::)

http://www.leisurecat.com.au/9000K_gallery/9K-Images/th_9K_2.jpg (http://www.leisurecat.com.au/9000K_gallery/9Km_2.htm)

John Buoy
10-09-2009, 10:30 AM
We dont want to railroad boat manafacturers but gees LC
coming on here and bagging other boat finishes is not
good business practice and leaves the door open for you
cop some flak.

The only thing second rate about KC's and NC's are the flops
that are around.

Julian i think i'm seeing double trouble here :o

Hopefully this thread will get back on target ;D

Regards Frank

perko
10-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Leisure Cat, don't waste your time on me mate, I will only be getting a NC or KC. I have done a few trips in a KC and don't see any problem with their finish or ride, plus i want to be able to sell my boat when it comes to time to offload it. The big name boats are so much easier to sell.

Reel Force
10-09-2009, 04:25 PM
The one thing that puts me off, is boat manufacturers putting down another product. If they can't sell there own product on its merrit leave someone elses alone.

legsy11
10-09-2009, 06:05 PM
my 2 cents.father in law has 2300hardtop noosacat.
verygood.can sleep and do .
cheaper then kc and probably better resale.
probably bit better ride but thats because i prefer a heavier glass boat feeling.
kc is also very good but not impressed with deck space.ride can be a little kitey,lots of people like this.
better boat for a family.
i would definately pick one up near new as they seem to be a plenty for sale at the moment,and have seen some unreal buys on this model.

perko
10-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks for that legsy. What are some of the prices of the unreal buys you have seen? I want to start chucking a few offers around on the ones for sale. Not many Noosa's for sale 2nd hand though.

Dantren
10-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Perko,

Did you see the ex-police Noosa Cats in Brisbane recently?
40K with twin 175 Zooks
50K with twin 175 Verados

I think they are sold now, but talk about value for money!!!!!!!

Dan.

julian1
10-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks for that legsy. What are some of the prices of the unreal buys you have seen? I want to start chucking a few offers around on the ones for sale. Not many Noosa's for sale 2nd hand though.

I know where there is a good Noosacat for sale ;)

might be a bit under your budget though

rat_catcher
11-09-2009, 05:15 AM
i would definately pick one up near new as they seem to be a plenty for sale at the moment,and have seen some unreal buys on this model.
Where are they? I scan BP regularly and don't see many of them available.

Is this the model you are talking about?

http://boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=6291733

From memory I think this rig is somewhere around $150k as they used to have the price posted before they changed it to POA. Seems a bit steep to me, but then again this is an ad for a new boat. Where are the near-new ones for great prices?

I also think these are > 2.5m beam so an issue towing too.

perko
11-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Rat Catcher, I was thinking the same, maybee Legsy was meaning the KC 2400? No shortage of them 2nd hand.

legsy11
11-09-2009, 07:52 PM

you wont find many either,most people only sell them to upgrade to a new one.but for info sake my mate sold his earlier in the year.
was a 2003 cuddy cab 2300 with good gear and in immaculate cond,with 140 suzi,s for 99000.he paid 105000
my father in law has the hardtop version[my choice] and 150 yami's [again my pick for this model].he paid 115000.
i think that the nc is superior but if price is a factor[my case def is]then kc the go,its not like they cant do anything that the nc does.look good too.
im in the market for a 5.2 or 2100 kc so my opinion is not biased at all.
i was talking about the 2400 in regards to good buying.i think there would be some good haggling to be had on some of these boats.
i seen one with large screen tv/dvd players every extra you can buy and he was selling for 40000 less then what there retail.it was only 2 years old.:o if only

rat_catcher
12-09-2009, 03:39 AM
i was talking about the 2400 in regards to good buying.
OK got it. I thought you meant the NC 2300.

tin can marlin
12-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Contact lippa via pm he knows a lot about cats.

perko
13-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Had a good look at a KC2400 on the weekend. Very nice boat, but not sure if it is the boat for me. Not a huge amount of cockpit room, no transom walkthrough, stuff all storage for tackle, bedding, clothes etc. Not sure if the esky boxes under the seats would be as good as a large poly esky in the center of the cockpit, they defiently would be alot harder to clean. Very hard to upgrade the thru hull transducer to 1kw without major fiberglass work. No alloy trailers available. Can anyone think of any other cats that have a few of the above issues sorted? Powercat sportsfisher 2500 maybe? A new noosa cat is looking good so far.

julian1
13-09-2009, 08:22 PM
i would have thought the Kevlacat 2400 would have more bedding room than the 2300 Noosacat, wouldn't they do a walkthrough transom if requested ?? ihave not been in a Powercat 2500 but i have had a good look over one and they would have to be one of the best finished cats in OZ and very well set up in standard trim and you get a lot of set up for your money. Maybe get a drive in all 3 and make your decision

legsy11
14-09-2009, 10:27 PM
dont go powercat end of that story.
father in law paid 1250 for nc to fit a work station in his nc.has bait table,70l drinks esky,seating and about a 300l kill tank.roughly about 1300 long and 700 wide.
i believe he fitted his 585 with 1kw through hull tranny without any problems.
the sleeping room is his gets cosy but i dont mind a cuddle here and there :o :-X

julian1
15-09-2009, 09:37 AM
father in law paid 1250 for nc to fit a work station in his nc.has bait table,70l drinks esky,seating and about a 300l kill tank.roughly about 1300 long and 700 wide.

do you have a picture of the work station ??

also why do you say don't go Powercat ?

Trent Butler
15-09-2009, 05:03 PM
X

Any boat that is lost at sea and can be found 16 months later still floating (somewhat upside down but still afloat - ask Reefmaster he found it!) gets some pretty big ticks in my boat buying book! Don't think there are many other boats built these days that could pull that off.

The Powercat 2500 Sportsfisherman is well worth the look in my opinion - Some of the cat gurus i.e Finding Time or Smithy may be able to shed some light on the Powercat for performance wise - however their build quality is undoubtly topshelf.

Cheers

Trent

legsy11
30-09-2009, 12:26 AM
sorry took so long to get back,i'll take some shots tommorrow end post them if i can if not i'll email them to you.

i'm no expert but i do know a guy who had that same boat and absolutely hated it.very,very wet boat to the extent that his wife made him sell it or she wouldnt go cruising to the islands with him anymore?he first tried clear curtain right threw to the transom>:(
i'll see if i can dig up some photo's of the spray she's throwing all over itself while i'm in the noosacat side on to it and theirs no spray on me or the camera im holding.we were only doing about 12knots.:o
they are the prettiest though,i dont doubt that.:-*
also the dearest.:o :-X

julian1
30-09-2009, 09:17 AM
thanks Legsy, i would love to see the pic's

legsy11
30-09-2009, 06:28 PM
sorry julian flat out today,definately tommorow.