PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Problem

Kimfisher
02-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Have a Sea Link roller trailer with a Formosa 550. Having problems retrieving the boat onto the trailer. Won't come onto the last roller straight. Have tried everything. Can anyone help. Does moving the rollers make a difference.....

Noelm
02-09-2009, 10:46 AM
there must be something not quite right, like a roller getting stuck on a ridge or something, you will need to adjust/move them and try again untill it is OK

STUIE63
02-09-2009, 10:49 AM
what do you call the last roller the one at the back of the trailer or the one closest to the winch
Stuie

dreemon
02-09-2009, 06:23 PM
I think he means the roller at the stern, Only saying that because mine has a hard time going strait on to "the last roller" so its not centering itself , easily,

is yours a tilt trailer?

trueblue
02-09-2009, 06:52 PM
everything needs to be symetrical - ie equidistant from the centreline

then each roller needs to avoid hitting or being near to chines etc.

and all rollers need to be the same height

bit of a trick to getting a trailer set up properly, but it is actually fairly simple in theory

Mick

dnej
02-09-2009, 09:00 PM
My brother had the same problem after he changed his rollers. The old ones had rounded edges, and rode over the chines.
Now the new one have square ends, and catch the chines, as the boat rolls over the rollers.
The only way he fixed it , was to lower the centre rollers, so there was more weight on the wobble ones. Have you changed anything?
David

bigjimg
02-09-2009, 09:28 PM
First take a photo of your trailer without the boat on it.Then comments and advice can be given.What i can gather from your description is the boat comes off the center roller as you pull the bow onto the trailer.Remedy is get rid of that center roller and replace it with two single wobble rollers appropriately spaced.What this does is hold the bow in between the rollers and as the hull comes up onto the trailer is captured onto the rest of the spread of rollers or skids whatever the case maybe.Or you might want to go a double set either side or even quads and adjust to suit your deadrise at the stern.Jim

Roughasguts
02-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Might not be your rollers.
Could be your winch post or winch cable pulling the boat off to the side when your close to the post! therfore pulling the boat away from the last roller.

Then again if your using a strap and the winch is centered to all the keel rollers then that won't be the problem.

So then you could look at hitting a chine with a roller on one side of the boat and not the other side chine, That could be causing the boat to twist on the trailer.

Angla
02-09-2009, 10:34 PM
A couple of good photos from the back looking forwards and the front looking backwards on either side will help maybe.

Cheers
Chris