PDA

View Full Version : 6.2 seastorm

rosco1974
31-08-2009, 02:42 PM
went to the boat show for a look on the weekend and started drooling over the new boats again,so had today off with the rain around and took the missus for a drive and ended up at a boat shop again::) .wanted to look at the seastorm advertised in this august bush and beach.had a look at the centre consoles there and was really inpressed with the look of them,got talking to a bloke from seastorm boats while there and convinced me how good they are,so you blokes know what come next of cause i had to get a price on a new 1 (even though my makocraft is only 18months old)even got the missus permission...so they rang back this arvo with a price too good to pass up

so has anyone got some info on the 6.2 mtr with a 175hp or similar size boat and motor package,fuel usage, ride,has to be better than my currant boat,was supprised the half cab was only 2k dearer than the centre console...if all going well will be ordering this weekend

p.s they are rated to 175hp and thats the price they quoted me on but would a 150hp be enough
cheers rosco

Seahorse
31-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Seastorm look good.
I have seen a few as mate paints them

rosco1974
31-08-2009, 07:16 PM
if i get 1 it wont be painted,was quoted 8 grand to paint it not worth it in mho,will only get scratched while crabbing anyway

legsy11
31-08-2009, 10:09 PM
i agree to a degree.offer a painter cash and see what happens.you may be pleasantly surprised.i know my mate had his 7m bluewater done for 3.5k.not that i condone this:-X
bare in mind that it has to be done as in the build process.once its been in saltwater i wouldnt like to paint it.had one done and had nothing but trouble with every excuse in the world from the painter.
very easy to throw a light rubber mat over the side while crabbing or fishing.
i've seen plenty with 150's but i would go 175 fourstroke.
cheers mick

snapperbasher
01-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Hey Rosco,

If You are looking at doing a fair bit of offshore work I would go for the cabin especially for only 2k more.

P.S how did you go a morty??

Cheers Lochie

megafish71
01-09-2009, 12:37 PM
I would definately go the extra HP. A 6.2mtr platey will have some weight to it, and if you planning on doing a fair amount of offshore work the extra HP will come in handy. As for paint, personal choice, but if were mine it would be painted.

Ron

rosco1974
01-09-2009, 07:31 PM
apparenty the 6.2 is a new design with the 1st couple of boats being made now,they are between a halfcab and a cubby cab,and do a center console as well,if i do order 1 it will be a cab boat and will deffinatly be gettin the 175hp on it,can look at one in about a week and a half befor it gets painted,then with any luck i will get the 2nd one if its not sold beforhand,
lockie,
morton sucks,not alot happinig there the weekend we went with our group only gettin2 bream and i got a dart,couple other blokes we knew there got bout 6 tailor .....but we had quiet a few beers while there,couldnt face a beer for a week after the trip,you headin out this weekend, ifso might follow u out
cheers rosco

marty+jojo
01-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Hey Rosco, i have done a few deliveries to there factory at Loganholme. I was asking a guy about them and he said jump in and have a look around. I was very impressed with the workmanship. They really look the goods. He said that they are way cheaper than other plate boats of the same size. Best of luck mate.
Marty.

rosco1974
01-09-2009, 07:59 PM
they deffinatly make a great boat,they have a 200ltr kill tank in them but never catch that many fish but should be able to fill it with sandies...haha

seastorm
01-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi Rosco
I run a 6.1m 1/2 cab Seastorm with a hard top and a 150 Etec on the back. I get about 1km per litre out of it they are a very smooth ride with the deep v on them and good at rest due to the reverse chimes. The only thing I don't like about the boat is the windscreen to clears, the join is at my eye height I'm looking to change it to a full glass windscreen. The boat came with foam floatation under in the hull which takes the slap noise out of the ride. What size is the fuel tank in the new boat? as my is 180L and would like a bit more.

Andrew

rosco1974
01-09-2009, 08:54 PM
g'day andrew
they have either a 240 or a 250 ltr fuel tank in them,i have the same problem with the makocraft in regards to the windsceen to clears at eye level a bit anoying,they still come with flotation under floor,what sort of speed you getting out of yours andrew...with the 175 they are sayin should get 45- 50 knots
cheers rosco

snapperbasher
01-09-2009, 08:58 PM
hey Mate thats no good about morty!!

headin out tomorrow morning and might go sunday see how tomorrow goes its been a bit hit and miss lately.

seastorm
01-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Hi Rosco
With the 150 ETec I do about 4500rpm and get about 30knots if you push the rpm up to much you start to use the fuel
Andrew

rosco1974
01-09-2009, 09:06 PM
sure has mate we got bugger all the last trip out,the weather looks ordinary for this weekend hopein to get out 1 day though,hope you get a few tomorrow mate

megafish71
02-09-2009, 06:39 AM
with the 175 they are sayin should get 45- 50 knots
cheers rosco

I don't think so, would be very surprised if it would even do 40 knots with a lite load.

Ron

business class
02-09-2009, 09:36 AM
g'day andrew
they have either a 240 or a 250 ltr fuel tank in them,i have the same problem with the makocraft in regards to the windsceen to clears at eye level a bit anoying,they still come with flotation under floor,what sort of speed you getting out of yours andrew...with the 175 they are sayin should get 45- 50 knots
cheers rosco

I don't think it will do 45 to 50 knots as that is near 100km on water:o :o . I think you will achieve around the 40 to 42knots which is around the 75 to 80km which IMO is fast enough for any object on water and in a decent size boat that is flying.;) ;D .

Vitamin Sea
02-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi Rosco
I run a 6.1m 1/2 cab Seastorm with a hard top and a 150 Etec on the back. I get about 1km per litre out of it they are a very smooth ride with the deep v on them and good at rest due to the reverse chimes. The only thing I don't like about the boat is the windscreen to clears, the join is at my eye height I'm looking to change it to a full glass windscreen. The boat came with foam floatation under in the hull which takes the slap noise out of the ride. What size is the fuel tank in the new boat? as my is 180L and would like a bit more.

Andrew

Hi Andrew

That's pretty average economy out of the 150. 1 km/L is about what I used to get out of my '94 175 Johnson.

I doubt that the boat would weigh anymore than mine, maybe a bit less.

Just a observation

Hmm, etec:-/

Regards

VS

rosco1974
02-09-2009, 05:56 PM
yeah i thought what most have said i recon around the 40 - 42 knots which is plenty fast enough for me,current boat does 35 but normally cruise around the 27knot mark
cheers rosco