PDA

View Full Version : 4m Mangrove Mauler

weasel
31-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Does Anyone Know Where And If These Are Still Being Made?

Are They Any Good? Any Info Appreciated.

Dave

krazyfisher
31-08-2009, 11:55 AM
I dont know if they are still being made or not. but I own one of these and I think it is a great boat, cuts through the water great nice look.
mine has a self draining deck and I have a 30hp on it. I use it for crabbing,lures and general creek stuff.
let me know if I can give you any further info.

weasel
31-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Yeah Krazy Are They Set Up For Short Or Long Shaft? They Look Like A Good Casting Platform

Dave

krazyfisher
31-08-2009, 06:03 PM
long shaft

Andrew M
22-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Hi guys bit of a bump here. I am looking at buying one of these in the near future, has anybody got any stories about them, good or bad. The boat looks in great condition considering it is a 2003 model. It comes with a 30hp Mercury 4 stroke, that has reportedly done less than 200 hours. The only problem I can see is the trailer is just about shot. My second question is where is the best place for new or second hand boat trailers & can I use a skid system under fibreglass or do I have to use rollers?

Cheers Andrew

Noelm
22-08-2014, 09:28 AM
second hand trailers are pretty scarce, probably better to just buy new and be done with it, you can have skids on glass, but most use a well setup roller system.

Noelm
22-08-2014, 09:29 AM
Just a thought... depending on how bad the old trailer is, might be worthwhile getting it modified to suit skids, and then re-galvanizing it rather than buying new?

ifishcq1
22-08-2014, 08:01 PM
as far as your trailer set up goes you need to consider where you will tow it, bitumen or bush and beach
I have taken all the solid skids off the trailer for my 465 haines because they are no good for anyone who travels dirt roads with a glass boat
sand and dirt build up on top of the skids and act like sand paper cutting grooves in the hull to the shape of the skid where they sit
anyone who goes offroad should use those grooved rollers preferably or skids with molded grooves in them
they act like wet weather tyres and the abrasive material drops into the grooves and blows away

krazyfisher
24-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Great boat, I sold mine and wish I never did.