PDA

View Full Version : workshop manuals

trueblue
30-08-2009, 02:53 PM
how much do full workshop manuals cost for outboards?

I just ordered one for a new 60 FETL yamaha 2 stroke for work, and its only costing me Sing. $200 out of Singapore, from the Yamaha dealer there. (Less than $170 Aussie)

Just curious what I would have to pay in Aus.....

Maybe I'll get one for my 130 saltwater series

cheers

Mick

yamp
30-08-2009, 09:26 PM
I got a disk off ebay for hondas 2.5 hp to 150hp for 10 bucks I think they do yammie disks aswell, mine seems to have fairly good info cheers Yamp

oldboot
30-08-2009, 10:40 PM
The cost realy depends on what you are getting for your money.

I have quite a number of disks off ebay for different stuff......some of them are same .. same some are not.

I have a pair of Sthill disks and they have everything as would come on paper, the workshop manuals, the owners manuals and the parts lists with part numbers......you should see the look on the bloke down the mower shop when I slap a post it note with part numbers on it.

I have the mercury disk....and I have the mercury manual for a specific motor baught new cost me under $100 cant remember how much.

the disks are generic across the group of motors....Yeh... its sort of all there.......the paper manual has all sorts of extra stuff such as prop tables and some better diagrames...AND there is one motor in the book and everything flows.

If you can get the actual paper manual for you motor and the price does not bother you......DO IT...... you may well bless the day you did.

Afterall there is nothing like a cup of something, a biscuit, a comfortable chair and a paper manual when you have a problem.

cheers

trueblue
30-08-2009, 11:44 PM
The cost realy depends on what you are getting for your money.

Afterall there is nothing like a cup of something, a biscuit, a comfortable chair and a paper manual when you have a problem.

cheers

so true.

I am not interested in the CD's with all sorts of crap on them. I would much prefer the single workshop manual that has every single bit of info available for a particular motor, all within the covers of a single book.

cheers

Mick

Noelm
31-08-2009, 12:59 PM
always buy the genuine manual for your specific model, all the others are very generic and leave out things that you will need to know when you have something pulled to bits, and need to know what to do while reassembling, like settings, adjustments and measurements and so on.

Blackened
31-08-2009, 01:14 PM
G'day

The council library may very well have your manual.... photocopy the pages relevant (i didn't say that)

Dave