PDA

View Full Version : New AllyCraft Reel Mate and Fish Mate?

Suntzu
29-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Ive been lookign at a Allycraft Shadow Deluxe 410 package with Electric start for $9000 drive away which I reckon is very decent.

My dealer suggested the new Reel Mate or Fish Mate. Theres are very cheap and you get a massive 4.25 boat for less money than the shadow series. Also , some of the factory fit out options look fantastic.

Heres the link to the official site:
http://www.allycraft.com.au/Fish-Mate-Ally-Craft.html

And heres two examples:

the budget $7000 with 30HP http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=7382563

Or the more fitted out sexier version for $10500 here http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=7518338

Im tempted to order the $10500 version assuming the NSW deal can match the above QLD price.

Do these look like good value to you ? AND..

The traditional hull shape? Will that be good for stand up fishing on plastics like the shadow series? Or not stable enough.

i think it might be pretty stable at 190kgs but I need some experts to comment before I order?

Look like good boats for the money though!

spelchek
03-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Hi Suntzu - looked at some ally craft fish mates today. I too am interested to hear from anyone who's been asociated with one of these boats. Good? Bad? Ho-hum?

Im liking the 425 CC at the moment. Was amazed at the prices of em, I gotta say.

Scott Ashe
03-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi mate,

I did the first run in my Allycraft 425 Reel Mate this morning. I have a 30 4 stroke Yamaha with electric start and power tilt on the back.

I upgraded from an Allycraft 410 Rhino , which was only 2yo, because I Liked the extra features in the Reel mate.

I had 3 on board this morning and even though I'm only running the motor in, the 30 pushed it nicely.

I bought my rig from different yards, so cant really say too much about the total price, but I paid $2980 for hull safety gear and 12 months pensioner QLD rego.

Just my thoughts.
Scott

Suntzu
03-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Can you please comment on stability for standing up plastics fishing? Whats the quality like? Ride?

spelchek
05-09-2009, 02:20 AM
HI scott,

I'm thinking of an etec 30hp as a motor for the fish mate 425 Centre console. Do you reckon the extra weight of the console/floor would justify going to a 40hp or does your 30 have heaps in reserve getting it up on the plane? Or put iot this way - if you were buying the same boat in the CC fitout, would you still go the 30hp?

Scott Ashe
05-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Hi Mate,

My 30 Yamaha 4 stroke is a 3 cylinder engine, while I believe you will find the 30 ETEC, a 2 cylinder engine. The Yamaha would have more go. The 30 has plenty of go for the lighter dinghy, as I only really gave it a few short full throttle bursts, as I'm only running it in, and it pushed it along nicely.I normally only carry two on board, but had three in this instance. If your were going the CC version and often carried more than 2, I would go for the 40, for the fact that the console has to add more weight.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Scott