PDA

View Full Version : Family Camping ideas this Christmas

scottishguy
26-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Thought I'd get my act together this year and start planning for the Christmas break instead of leaving it to the last minute as usual.

Looking for some ideas about where to take the missus and two kids for the week between Christmas and New Year. We have a boat and 4WD and we may want to take the 2 dogs camping with us. Would be happy to drive up to 6 hours from Brissy.

Some spots i've been looking at are Inskip and Nth Straddie but I hear a lot of horror stories about the crowds at Christmas. Is it as bad as made out? Should I be staying at home with the kiddies and doing day trips?

cheers
Jock

mylestom
26-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Well its good to plan early. Areas that may suit include Yamba/Iluka. Minnie Waters/Wooli and Coffs Harbour/Mylestom. Mylestom North Beach has caravan park behind dunes at beach. Plenty of entertainment at Coffs Harbour. Dogs allowed at park. Bellinger River for fishing or outside as well. Drop a PM for further info.

No major tourist area, just a small village with Bowling Club, local shop,patrolled surf beach and walking distance to everything. Do a google before you decide on any place.

Regards

Trev

duncan mcwhirter
26-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Hey mate. I've heard Sarina is a top spot, don't know what it would be like at Christmas?

Bundymatt
27-08-2009, 05:17 PM
I have been at Straddie the last 2 Xmas and it has not been packed at all.

Although I do camp on Main Beach(cutting 13 is a top spot)

Bundymatt