PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions

Kleyny
23-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Hey Lads,

First one is i have a easterner fuel filter does it matter what in and out i use?

The second is why does my motor have three holes for the steering arm, close middle and about 4 inches away?

thanks

neil

FNQCairns
23-08-2009, 07:17 PM
On the fuel filter yes it does but only if you care fully about its water catching ability, it will work to design better one way when diffusing water down the filter fibres.

On the engine if you are a megga revhead then the inner hole (or is that the outer hole, forget now) keeps control of the engine better with regard to slack/slop in steering, but for most of us different types of steering rigs will use different holes also you get tighter turns at lock on the inner hole.

cheers fnq

Kleyny
23-08-2009, 07:31 PM
So which ones for the best filtering?

neil

Angla
23-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I think you will find they are designed so you can connect them left or right handed. I would suggest that if you looked closely you would see that both inlets are connected directly to each other and both outlets are connected directly to each other.

I could be wrong. My wife will attest to that.

Cheers
Chris

Grand_Marlin
24-08-2009, 12:00 PM
With your filter it doesn't matter which in or out you use ... they are both exactly the same.

Just make sure that you use the in as an in, and an out as an out.
Dont use an in as an out and an out as an in. :-/

Cheers

Pete

Kleyny
24-08-2009, 03:48 PM
thanks guys thats what i thought.
I did look at the channels but just wanted to make sure.

neil

FNQCairns
25-08-2009, 05:57 AM
Yeah in is for in and out is for out, I thought there must been a reason and you wanted to fit it the other way around, it can be done and it will filter just not catch water as well.

cheers fnq

Noelm
25-08-2009, 09:26 AM
on the steering holes thing, motors need a couple of holes in the advent of the motor being fitted in a twin (or triple) engine setup, you need a spare hole for the tie bar, and sometimes, the steering is fitted in either holes for better control or angle for the steering system.