PDA

View Full Version : Now Im Happy Jan!!!! Thanks YAMAHA

Rainbowrunner
22-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Yamaha service? At new Yamaha Marine at Burpengary

Quite a few weeks ago I noticed an oil leak from the lift assist ram on my 2Stroke 50hp Yamaha tiller steer.
Went to Kratzmanns Marine (now Yamaha) at Burpengary to get it fixed under insurance and was told the part would be arriving on the 14/8/09 in Sydney, so ok give it a couple of days to get up here, ring them on the 19th and was told they have the part and I can pick the boat up on Saturday 22nd.
Rang on Saturday morning to get correct amount for the bill as I had it serviced at same time. I was told the part had not yet arrived and that sorry but I had the incorrect information. Was called back a few minutes later and was told that the part would now arrive in Sydney on 12/10/09by air, WHAT THE . . . . ?
What is going on here? Surely they would have parts for a motor only a few years old in stock, and then 2 months to come from overseas by air? because none in Australia. This is nowhere near good enough. I have Monday off so I will probably spend a lot of it on the phone sorting this out.
You would think that this amount of time to repair an engine only a few years old and quite common apparently, is accepted as unreasonable under the fair trading act.
Any ideas guys, who to approach other than fair trading?, anybody here have anything to do with Yamaha?
I have September school holidays off and have planned and booked to take boat and kids away, this IS going to be sorted way before that!

sagair
22-08-2009, 10:12 AM
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/service/viewmanuals/viewmanuals.aspx?ls=outboard
Maybe look on line and buy the part, then get a independent outboard mechanic to fix it or do it yourself. You can download the manual here. Goodluck

fishing111
22-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Agree with Sagair totally.

finga
22-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Not a good start to the new dealership I'd say.

dogsbody
22-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Methinks the part is waiting to be shipped with other parts the dealer has ordered so they'll save on shipping costs.

Dave

Skusto
22-08-2009, 12:14 PM
well mate were the same at the moment with yamaha to be honest it has kind of turned us off them, and i have loved the yammy but i think we will be changing it with a suzuki very shorty. we took our boat into stones corner about 3 weeks ago due to the trim and tilt motor shitting its self, know it took yamaha over a week to reply to our warrenty claim, they said it was fine they will replace it so the mechanic went to get a new one and apparently there is no trim and tilt motor for our 115 4stroke in the country and it is goin to take 2 weeks to get one landed from japan, so to cut it shorter it should be here this wk hopefully. we ended up taking the boat home cause we didnt want it sitting over there for 3 wks in the sun. no boat in the best part of the fishing season is fun isnt it!

Mindi
22-08-2009, 01:01 PM
well mate were the same at the moment with yamaha to be honest it has kind of turned us off them, and i have loved the yammy but i think we will be changing it with a suzuki very shorty. we took our boat into stones corner about 3 weeks ago due to the trim and tilt motor shitting its self, know it took yamaha over a week to reply to our warrenty claim, they said it was fine they will replace it so the mechanic went to get a new one and apparently there is no trim and tilt motor for our 115 4stroke in the country and it is goin to take 2 weeks to get one landed from japan, so to cut it shorter it should be here this wk hopefully. we ended up taking the boat home cause we didnt want it sitting over there for 3 wks in the sun. no boat in the best part of the fishing season is fun isnt it!
Yeah well not leaving your boat sitting in anyone's yard for three weeks would sound like a good plan to me.

TJ Bear
22-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Give Paul at Yatla Yamaha a call the guy is as straight as an arrow and the best Yamaha mechanic I know by a long way, he has been Yamaha only for many many years and he will know if the parts available or where to get one if it is at all possible.

culbara
22-08-2009, 07:23 PM
If anyone lives at sunshine coast only one t go to and that is Ray Scholes Marine
The blokes that do the servicing are spot on and really know their business
Absolutly top shelf

tin can marlin
22-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I would say that the dealer would not want you hanging around ringing etc all the time and also there is no value in them having your boat at there yard i think that i would be looking deeper and i suspect that Yamaha are not holding engougth stock so the dealer has to stuff you around. I would ring yamaha direct and ask them what is going on. There is not one reason why the dealer would want your boat siting around at there yard the other thing to do is to talk to Aaron the new owner i meet him the other day when i got some oil of them and he seems like a real top guy. I do ad that i would not be happy either but i think that Yamaha is to blame for not have the parts in Aus.

dnej
22-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Give Paul at Yatla Yamaha a call the guy is as straight as an arrow and the best Yamaha mechanic I know by a long way, he has been Yamaha only for many many years and he will know if the parts available or where to get one if it is at all possible.

This is great advice.
David

bennyboy
23-08-2009, 04:08 PM

bennyboy
23-08-2009, 04:13 PM

finga
23-08-2009, 04:29 PM
In regards to a earlier post

I don't think Yamaha would be happy to have you complaining about them, considering they have replaced your part under warranty even though the warranty on the motor is expired.

How many other outboard manufacturers would stand by their product like this?

I hope they don't read ausfish
Where was that stated??
The first item (tilt ram) was not under warranty and the second item (power tilt/trim) was under warranty (and it took a week for Yammi to confirm warranty claim) by what I read.

Steeler
23-08-2009, 08:09 PM
I would say that the dealer would not want you hanging around ringing etc all the time and also there is no value in them having your boat at there yard i think that i would be looking deeper and i suspect that Yamaha are not holding engougth stock so the dealer has to stuff you around. I would ring yamaha direct and ask them what is going on. There is not one reason why the dealer would want your boat siting around at there yard the other thing to do is to talk to Aaron the new owner i meet him the other day when i got some oil of them and he seems like a real top guy. I do ad that i would not be happy either but i think that Yamaha is to blame for not have the parts in Aus.

A good sensible reply

Cheers

RTFM1000
24-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Yamaha service? At new Yamaha Marine at Burpengary

Quite a few weeks ago I noticed an oil leak from the lift assist ram on my 2Stroke 50hp Yamaha tiller steer.
Went to Kratzmanns Marine (now Yamaha) at Burpengary to get it fixed under insurance and was told the part would be arriving on the 14/8/09 in Sydney, so ok give it a couple of days to get up here, ring them on the 19th and was told they have the part and I can pick the boat up on Saturday 22nd.
Rang on Saturday morning to get correct amount for the bill as I had it serviced at same time. I was told the part had not yet arrived and that sorry but I had the incorrect information. Was called back a few minutes later and was told that the part would now arrive in Sydney on 12/10/09by air, WHAT THE . . . . ?
What is going on here? Surely they would have parts for a motor only a few years old in stock, and then 2 months to come from overseas by air? because none in Australia. This is nowhere near good enough. I have Monday off so I will probably spend a lot of it on the phone sorting this out.
You would think that this amount of time to repair an engine only a few years old and quite common apparently, is accepted as unreasonable under the fair trading act.
Any ideas guys, who to approach other than fair trading?, anybody here have anything to do with Yamaha?
I have September school holidays off and have planned and booked to take boat and kids away, this IS going to be sorted way before that!

Hi Rainbowrunner,
Factory backorders out of Japan ususlly only take around 10 days to arrive in Australia. The eta that your parts man is looking at is actually the date that Yamaha is expecting the sea freight order to arrive.
As far as Yamaha stock levels are concerned, they have around a 98% successful supply rate with my orders, which is exceptional.
PM me if you need assistance.
Regards, RTFM1000.

Rainbowrunner
24-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the feedback so far guys,
I have been in contact with a Mr Paul Robertson from Yamaha Marine desk in Sydney this fine monday morning and have been assured he will look into it and that I will receive a ph call with an update soon.

Watch this space :o

dreemon
24-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I've had probs with burliegh yamaha,

quote" mate ! I told you last time you were here that a yamaha tacho for your engine needs 3 wires to make it work ! and no, you cant melt them "

turns out the tacho was fried and hooked anouther yam tach to it with TWO wires and it works fine, you would think they would know the engines there dealing with, TWO WIRES Christ !!>:(

TJ Bear
24-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Like I have said before if your on the Coast and your not using Yatala Yamaha your doing yourself and your motor no favours. And I have no involvement with the business just dealt with him for years when I was with Haines and he never let us down.

Rainbowrunner
26-08-2009, 11:22 AM
All good guys, Very Impressed with Yamaha Service,

This email was sent to me today after chatting on the phone yesterday and Monday

Dear Peter,

Thank you for bring this to our attention.

We are pleased to advise you that as a goodwill gesture and to assist you
with your holiday plans. We will be removing a replacement Hydro lift
assist unit from one of our stock outboard motors and will be sending this to your Yamaha dealer for installation onto your motor.

This should be with your dealer with-in the next few days and they will
contact you to inform you of the delivery of the unit to their dealership and to
arrange a time to replace, at your convenience..

We apologise for the inconvenience, but as these units have no known
problems and have proved to be extremely reliable. As well, there has been no units damaged by accidental collisions, it has not been necessary to carry any replacement units in stock. We will be looking at this situation with a view to possibly carrying a replacement unit in stock locally.

Regards,
Paul Robertson

Again ThankYou Yamaha and Paul Robertson

Crunchy
26-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Phew, my faith in Yamaha has been restored!

cormorant
26-08-2009, 11:50 AM
That is the correct answer and should have been the first answer you got. Good on em for getting back to you and actually doing the right thing and more so for hinting that they are looking to correct the problem for the future. Can't do better than that

The only problem with this whole thing is that it should have been your dealer doing the email and phone call and the hard yards on your behalf.

Great result and shows that approaching it in a nice way can get a good result when dealing with people that give a rats about their product and warranty.

Hopefully they will have agood look at your old one and see what the issue was.

PS the bit about no known issues is a bit of a standard line and fair enough but hard to know as everyone uses it in every industry to make their product sound good. Not sure what else he could say. The internet will gradually catch those companies out that overuse it as these days communication is fast and people have ready access to many other product users via forums etc

Mindi
27-08-2009, 03:18 PM
If anyone lives at sunshine coast only one t go to and that is Ray Scholes Marine
The blokes that do the servicing are spot on and really know their business
Absolutly top shelf

I would agree with that. The head mech is a guy called Jamie who is excellent. I took my new secondhand 60 4 stroke down as I had pulled the control box apart trying to lubricate the cables (cant) and it wouldnt go back together. He just dropped what he was doing and fixed it for me ...then reinstalled the neutral throttle lever which was always installed backwards and would never have worked....... then when I told him I had just bought it he had a look over the motor and told me what to look for. No Charge.....errrr...wonder where I will go for my upcoming 200hr service..?

Local charters dont patronise them for some reason and all use big Suzis...think they may have had a falling out over time with Ray..? but the new service centre and the staff are spot on in my opinion.

tin can marlin
28-08-2009, 08:29 AM
The thing here is that the dealer would not have the power of the customer who is to say that the dealer did not give Yamaha a hurry up. When us as the cunsomer go hard they respond but it has been proven that the claim the dealer was stuffing Peter around has been proven false as they do don't carry that part in Aus. I say that it is a good outcome alround and Peter contacting Yamaha has been the secrect to him getting what he needed for his motor. I would not give up on Brisbane Yamaha yet even though i'am a big fan of stones and the boys i think thay have got there head screwed on down there. Regards Mark

Rainbowrunner
02-09-2009, 04:30 AM
Ok Its all good now, was called to bring boat in at my convenience, so hooked it up straight away, drove it up and they fitted it within half hour.
I will bring my boat back to Yamaha Marine at Burpengary for its next serivce.
I must say that even with the hiccup, once spare parts got there act together that the service was otherwise exceptional.