PDA

View Full Version : Moreton Bay Fishing Comp

Hi tide
21-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Just wondering if any one fished the Moreton Bay Trailer Boat club Comp 2 weeks ago. What was the standard of fish like ?
Was it run well and worth the entry fee?. I heard there were some great prizes ie car, boat etc

youngy
21-08-2009, 10:44 AM
HI Tide, i fished it with a group from Nuggets fishing club we had a great time a couple of the boys got in the major prize draw and a couple of us won daily prizes.

For the first year it was good, a little fine tuning for next years comp will make it even better.

The fish weighed in were of very good quality which is what you would expect from a comp like this, although some fish did seem a little heavy for their length. cheers wayne

kitty_cat
21-08-2009, 07:26 PM
awsome comp we fished with team haines with some luck but no winners maybe next year definatly will be there ,
only grip way way way way to expensive for a crapy entry pack ($185.00)
we fish quite a few comps and this this not value at this entry price but first comp always will need a few yrs to get it right.
good luck to orginisers as it has mega protential with some great fisherman in this area .
we will be there next yr as good fisherman fish this comp and cant beat a bit of friendly banter and compition.
wayne

Sea-Dog
25-08-2009, 12:31 AM
... although some fish did seem a little heavy for their length. cheers wayne

Maybe after a bit of soaking in fresh water and allowed osmosis to do the rest.

A skipper on a scallop trawler that I worked on years back did that once with cut scallops. Added about 30% to the weight.

The wholesaler never bought from him again.