PDA

View Full Version : Stabi 759v Barcrusher HT 760vOceanMaster Marine 741vHaines Hunter Patriot 680

betrade
19-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Hi all,

Advise needed from all and sundry please!
I am in a good position of moving up to a bigger boat and need some advise. I have narrowed it down to a Stabicraft 759 SuperCab Sport, the new Barcrusher 760 HT, the Ocean Master Marine 741 or a Patriot 680

I intend to use for long trips as well as camping with the family, often beaching the boat, and going out again when the tide comes back in. I am in Darwin. Every dealer that I talk to says that there boat is better, naturally. I will test all before deciding and handing over the money, naturally.

First question: Will the Patriot be ok beached
Which would you prefer, and briefly, why?

Thanks to all in advance. The more expensive ones, I will look for low Hours second hand models, which I should be able to find and truck up fairly easily.

Regards,

B

Skusto
19-08-2009, 08:09 PM
to be honest i think they would all be pretty much the same it would mainly just be the layout that would seal the deal to me. i would probably lean towards the 759 stabi is the seam to be a very stable boat, and i didnt mind there layout altho they are more expensive i think.. we have a 560 bc and are very happy with it for its size have been in some crappy weather so i would assume the 760 would be alot better altho havent seen one in person yet so really dont know about there new model.

Chimo
19-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Hi Betrade

Dont know the answer to your question except that i would probably avoid FRP unless your always going to have sand or mud under you when the tide goes out.

To assist you to make your coice IMHO you should have a look at the story that ran over a number of issues of the the Fishing and Boating mag that covered a trip along the Aust west coast by a couple of big tinnys of the style your interested in.

Apart from the different motors and the gear they carried what was also interesting with them was the the drop down stabilizing legs they had welded to the transoms to hold the boats steady after the tide had gone out. This is obviously easier on an aluminium boat.

Do you have access to F& B where you are? You should at least be able to access the info on the web if you cannot get your hands on hard copies. link http://www.seamedia.com.au/pub/index.php if your interested.

Hope this is some help.

Cheers
Chimo

betrade
19-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Hi there,

Thanks to both for your advice. Where we usually camp is nearly all sand, there are very few rocks to worry about.

Naturally the Haines dealer said that they are very strong, and he wouldnt hesitate. he actually seemed like a nice bloke.

Regards,

B:D

dodgyone
20-08-2009, 07:13 AM
Boat dealer seeming like a nice bloke? They all do until you hand the cheque over. I know the one you are talking about and have a list of bad experiences with him.

stinky-stabi
20-08-2009, 08:28 AM
stabi craft for me ...all the other are sweet boats but do like the safety aspect of the stabi's all the reserve bouyancy(3300ltrs)that is the equivelent to 17 44 gallon drums of sealed air compartments....try sinkn that ..

FNQCairns
20-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Suspect the family will be happiest travelling in the patriot, get a keel protector for the sand work if it is a concern although it wouldn't rate as a problem for me having owned a few glass boats they are not quite as soft as made out sometimes but abuse is abuse and they will suffer from that, for instance how some blokes 'nudge' the ramp in their glass boats.

cheers fnq

Noelm
20-08-2009, 08:50 AM
geees is there a brand you are not comparing? I guess for me, Stabi wins on the ugly stakes, Barcrusher wins on the advertising as they are on a TV show with the name on the screen every minute, Haines wins on the most talked about, from the good old days to right now, Oceanmaster wins on the least talked about, never heard of them, so there you go, all of them have a plus, just as they would if you owned one, I reckon (as mentioned) go for the one that "fits" your intended use, make an honest list of the things you want, in order of importance, then have a look and tick them off, the highest score gets the cash, every one of those boats will be good.

STUIE63
20-08-2009, 09:24 AM
I was very impressed with a mates oceanmaster
Stuie

ozbee
20-08-2009, 03:44 PM
if your doing no creek travelling ,just bay and sea there is only one choice fiberglass as the heat absorption will cook you . the proper cabin is a great asset with the patriot .if you go that way dont bother with there rocket launcher have a canopy made about 300 mm forward of the windscreen all the way to the back. if you have plans for river travelling i would advise ally most likey the stabi last as for the price of a few sealed coke cans there is not a lot of boat.

betrade
20-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks all guys,

As expected, everyone going for a different answer;D

I expected the on water test and pricing to probably decide in the end. I will do mainly blue water stuff, though we do a bit of barra fishing in the creeks/rivers as well

Thanks again.

B

betrade
20-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Boat dealer seeming like a nice bloke? They all do until you hand the cheque over. I know the one you are talking about and have a list of bad experiences with him.

Would be interested in your story. Probably not on the forum though. PM?

Regards, and thanks

B

u up 4 it
30-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Hi Betrade,
Im only new to this site but do yourself a favour test drive all of them in .5 to 2m chop with 10 to 20knots at 3/4 quater throttle and then you will know there is one stand out in your list.This is not standed or smart pratice but put them to the test in rough seas.You living in the territory have an advantage to do research with lots of barra charters using oceanmaster boats from territory marine.I told my father about these boats and so , has just purchased a 511 centre console and loves it because of its workmanship an attention to details.He has had many boats over 30years and agreed with me that it is the driest boat to do the miles in,with the comfort to match.Only one down side is the prices but you only get what you pay for.Another friend of mine owns a 651 centre console and cant fault it as we have been 50mile north of melville island chasing sailfish when the weather turned nasty.These boats are extremly stable to fish out of. Hope this has been helpfull to you,and make sure you test them all in rough seas and you will know. Cheers les.;)

nigelr
31-08-2009, 06:41 AM
Personally out of your list I'd go the Stabi because I like the design concept, although if I was in the position to buy I would check these absolute gems from Perth, they have some superior design features IMO.
Can't post the link it seems, so google 'typhoon boats' in pages from australia and check out the larger sizes. These guys build a lot of larger commercial craft for the WA pro fishing marketplace as well as these 'typhoon' boats.
Cheers.

stinky-stabi
31-08-2009, 07:59 AM
i had a look at the 760 barcrusher and wouldnt even consider it ....had a horrible bottom on it with a few cross welded section which turned me off .....atleast the stabi's they build the bottom out of one sheet of aluminium , not about six like on the bar crusher . after hopping on both at the boat show i know which one wins in the build stakes . stabi craft by about 1000 boat lenghts....my two cents worth

stinky-stabi
31-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Personally out of your list I'd go the Stabi because I like the design concept, although if I was in the position to buy I would check these absolute gems from Perth, they have some superior design features IMO.
Can't post the link it seems, so google 'typhoon boats' in pages from australia and check out the larger sizes. These guys build a lot of larger commercial craft for the WA pro fishing marketplace as well as these 'typhoon' boats.
Cheers.

nigler , wayne holland owns the right to the typhoon and they are being built out of tassie ....but you can buy the plans and have them made to order else where ...i was looking at one 3years ago but it came out at 35% dearer than the imported stabi???? wayne is an very good fellow to deal with and knows his stuff......

maimai
31-08-2009, 08:08 AM
geees is there a brand you are not comparing? I guess for me, Stabi wins on the ugly stakes, .

I'm with you mate. There is no way i could hand over that much coin on a boat thats has the looks of a stabi

TimiBoy
31-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Just to chuck in a curly one, (and being slightly biased) I'm wondering why a Cruisecraft 685 isn't in the mix? I chose my Outsider over the Patriot because of the space issue - more in the cabin, still plenty of room for 4 to fish, stability at rest, top notch brand, yada yada yada...

Cheers,

Tim

james1
31-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Or the AMM 7800 Tournament.

Noelm
31-08-2009, 09:37 AM
that's why I suggested to make a true and honest list of things you want in a boat, in order of importance, then start looking at them all, and scoreing them, the ones with the most points, then get a test drive, and narrow it down to a final winner.

STUIE63
31-08-2009, 09:54 AM
my guess is that they don't have dealers in Darwin
Stuie

siegfried
31-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Check out the Kiwicraft/Aqualines, similar concept to Stabis but sexier to look at. I have a fair bit of experience with the 6.6 and 590 and they are awsome machines, $hit on bar crushers which are capable tinnies, very soft riding and stable as, the bigger ones would only be better , no dealers up your way but

Ally Jack
31-08-2009, 08:56 PM
The barcrusher really isn't in the the same class as the other boats the one's I've looked at were very agricultural in build and finish
Why look at the shorter 680 patriot when you are looking at 7.5mtr cylinder hulls, why not look at the 760/800 patriot

If it was me and I won the lotto, 6.8 voyager with twin 175 4stk's

Ally Jack

MyWay
01-09-2009, 12:24 AM
They are all good brands of boats
If i could choose i will take bar crusher . I have look this one on boat show and to me it is weapon.

I have to say i got BC and I'm very happy with boat it doing for me all what i want
i can see new BC 760 can do way much more and price of $118000 not to bad for 760
BC are really good at rest ,easy to maintain, and very easy to handle

I wish i could convince you to buy something or any one here ,at the end it is all up to you and your family .
we can only advice you and express ours opinion and experiences it is up to you to read between lines and figure out what is the best buy

it is just my opinion

cheers myway

Mr__Bean
01-09-2009, 05:41 AM
If you are looking to camp a bit and want out of the water stability then what about a Sailfish ally cat?

The Weekender series look the goods, and they build to any combination.

http://www.sailfish.com.au/

- Darren

siegfried
01-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Ocean cylinder in Yamba make a fantastic boat too the guides and rangers at cobourg are using them and they love em ,

business class
01-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Ill throw my 2 cents in and say if your looking at plate, why not an 8m Sea Storm Platinum, i seen one that was being delivered to weipa as a bare fishing boat it was a weapon, it had twin 150's on aluminium trailer and i think they said was around $128,000.00. So there s another spanner in the works for ya but worth a look any way.

ifishcq1
01-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Got to agree with the go long theory
pick the hull you like in the longest size you can afford
simple, long is better travelling in almost any condition

cheers

lippa
01-09-2009, 05:46 PM
7800 tournament wins hands down! if only i could win lotto!

TJ Bear
01-09-2009, 07:15 PM
If you intend to lots of long passages offshore get the Patriot your back will thank you.

Jabba_
01-09-2009, 07:23 PM
What TJ said...

The Patriot is by far one off the best riding boats Australia builds...

betrade
01-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Check out the Kiwicraft/Aqualines, similar concept to Stabis but sexier to look at. I have a fair bit of experience with the 6.6 and 590 and they are awsome machines, $hit on bar crushers which are capable tinnies, very soft riding and stable as, the bigger ones would only be better , no dealers up your way but

Believe Barramundi Marine has the Aqualines up here now?

I am always a bit uneasy around that dealership.

Regards,

B

nickstock
01-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi mate,

A friend here in Cooktown has a 6 m Aqualine. He is a Kiwi that has experience with Stabi's ect. He has moved down from Darwin and finds Cooktowns weather a lot more unforgiving then during his 10 years in the territory. He regulary fishes out on the shelf (about 30 miles out) and will fish anything up to 25 knots. He is more then happy with the pontoon boats ect.

Cheers,
Nick

betrade
01-09-2009, 07:56 PM
What TJ said...

Would love the 760, but am not going to find one of them for $130k for a while yet? If ever......

B

Thanks to all that have posted, will check them all out.

business class
02-09-2009, 02:39 PM
I not to sure if you have been in a patriot,:-/ however there ride into swell is quite nice, however don't anchor as you will be doing more rocking and rollin then the mid 70's ;) ;D . Also there hulls up front have known to be very weak as i have seen them gettin repaired several times, i had a good look at the last down there which was a 6.8 getting fixed, and when it was getting repaired i was speaking with the bloke doing it and he said alot of the ones that he has fixed have been very week up front. the reason for the wear was running up on sand but nothing bad (owners words)........

business class
02-09-2009, 02:43 PM
What TJ said...

C'mon Jabba, you can't seriously think that.......... Nice boat but IMO certainly not one of the best........ I thought you were smarter then that;) :P :P ;D

brenno83
02-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi Betrade,
I have just purchased the bar crusher 760Ht and take delivery on Friday. I have upgraded from the 640c model of which i was very happy with though my trips seem to be getting longer and longer. I am taking it up north to fish the bunker group next week so i will let you know how it goes. Allow yourself around 130K if you want it fully optioned.

betrade
02-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi there

Hope your trip is great, and looking forward to your report

B

Skusto
02-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Hi Betrade,
I have just purchased the bar crusher 760Ht and take delivery on Friday. I have upgraded from the 640c model of which i was very happy with though my trips seem to be getting longer and longer. I am taking it up north to fish the bunker group next week so i will let you know how it goes. Allow yourself around 130K if you want it fully optioned.

just a question on the 760 saw one at the boat show did u find that the sides felt a bit to low? dunno just didnt feel right, love the 560 would like teh 620 but gotta stay to the 560 for a while not enough room for the bigger one.

brenno83
03-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Skusto if you were at the brisbane boat show that was mine on the floor. I feel comfortable with the height of the sides. I originally upgraded from the 560c to the 640c and personally was a good decision as there are quite a few more qualities to the 640 to the 620.

Belly66
03-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi all I don't know whether I miised it but no one has mentioned Trailcraft when talking about plate boats, they would be a consideration when looking at buying plate. Cheers B.

Luke G
03-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Trailcrafts aren't a true plate boat - I think I also read they stopped making them earlier on in the year, are they back into production?

Have you had a look at the 760 haines ?

Belly66
03-09-2009, 09:01 PM
I think they must be in production again they have a website running with dealers listed. I may be asking the bleeding obvious but why aren't they a plate boat? Cheers.

Jabba_
03-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Trailcrafts aren't a true plate boat - I think I also read they stopped making them earlier on in the year, are they back into production?

Have you had a look at the 760 haines ?
They must be,,, I saw 2 on the back off a carrier heading to the Gold Coast this afternoon... They were band spankers, not even a motor on them yet...

Jabba_
03-09-2009, 09:08 PM
C'mon Jabba, you can't seriously think that.......... Nice boat but IMO certainly not one of the best........ I thought you were smarter then that;) :P :P ;D

Yeah, I do believe there a great riding boat,,, they realy eat up the chop if you drive them right... There not a bot that like to be pussy footed around, They like a bit off speed to carve up the chop.... I cant compare it to a Seafarer 680 Vouyger, because I have never been in one,, nore can I compare it to a cat or tri hull... But as for mono's there pritty darn good...

siegfried
04-09-2009, 08:31 AM
formula 233s will eat anything mentioned here ,I cant believe Trailcraft was even mentioned

ozbee
04-09-2009, 02:18 PM
grew up with a 23 ft formula and now own a 680 patriot. in the standard size the patriot is slightly better in a following sea even though your cutting through the variable deadrise holds ir true slightly better as you come off , head on vary similar just a touch either way though the formula is a bit narrower . quite a few forumlas233 were extended to 26 fts when there stringers etc give or take 30 yrs or so up this way and with the extra ass length gave the room and ride which is hard to beat. the 680 patriot wastes a lot of its room with its slope back. both are good boats very good boats but the quality of materials is not of yesterday era.

TJ Bear
04-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Driven a heap of 680 Patriots and fished a heap and never had a problem with stability at rest. They have quite a wide reverse chine and displace a fair bit of water so are quite stable at rest. John Gooding used a 680 for years as his charter boat and he thinks its the best boat he has had for his use as he tends to want to fish a lot of average weather and he has never had a stability issue with himself and three punters on board. Im not a Haines fan as the owner and I don't see eye to eye and it pains me to recomend the boat but out of the boats you mentioned I think it will suit you best and they have great resale.

death_ship
04-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Driven a heap of 680 Patriots and fished a heap and never had a problem with stability at rest. They have quite a wide reverse chine and displace a fair bit of water so are quite stable at rest. John Gooding used a 680 for years as his charter boat and he thinks its the best boat he has had for his use as he tends to want to fish a lot of average weather and he has never had a stability issue with himself and three punters on board. Im not a Haines fan as the owner and I don't see eye to eye and it pains me to recomend the boat but out of the boats you mentioned I think it will suit you best and they have great resale.
they are good at rest and awesome in the rough stuff, captain rednut fishes billfish tournaments in his and i have been out in some ordinary weather with him. The bay with a 30 knot beam sea hardly worried it.

Jabba_
04-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I not to sure if you have been in a patriot,:-/ however there ride into swell is quite nice, however don't anchor as you will be doing more rocking and rollin then the mid 70's ;) ;D . Also there hulls up front have known to be very weak as i have seen them gettin repaired several times, i had a good look at the last down there which was a 6.8 getting fixed, and when it was getting repaired i was speaking with the bloke doing it and he said alot of the ones that he has fixed have been very week up front. the reason for the wear was running up on sand but nothing bad (owners words)........

I agrea with you on most counts... They do rock a bit at anchor, not heaps.. But that is due to there high floor and the raised floor in the helm ,, not hull design... I have been in worse boats that don't ride well and rock like all hell...

The Hains Hunters arn't built as tough these days as they were a few years ago.. The last off the well built Patriots came out off Yatala,, But even then they still used standard construction ply for the transom insted off Marine ply... Personaly I believe Devinicell should be used in a boat that carries such a premium, or at the very least marine grade ply..

Regardless, I would still buy a Patriot over the list tthat is offered on this thread...

As for trailcraft..... WTF

TJ Bear
04-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Just interested Jabba as to why you would want to put Divinicell in the transom of a trailer boat? In my experience there are major issues when coring a transom with foam. To fit anything to a foam cored transom you must drill an oversized hole then fill it with epoxy, wait for the epoxy to go off then drill the smaller hole this will tie both the skins back together and prevent water getting into the core. If water ever gets into a foam cored transom the delamination can be even more severe than potential rot issues over time with timber. I have never seen timber in the transom become a problem unless it was poorly installed or owners have incorrectly drilled into the timber without sealing. This will be a problem with foam or timber. Also foam is very easily poorly insalled by builders, unless the kerfs in the core are filled with resin and the core is bedded in a bedding compound such as divalett you can have all soughts of nasty problems. Even 200psi density devinicell foam which we use on the sides of big boats where through hull fitting are going to tighten up against the hull it is not as stiff and crush resistant as quality ply and the stuff is extremily expensive.

I think cored transoms are overated and so do many US surveyors who are seeing numerous failures in very new US boats with cored transom. I believe longitudinal and transverse frames should be built over foam formers not out of ply as they are not drilled into but transoms give me a good quality marine ply, properly installed using VE resin and good practise sealing of through transom holes and fittings over a cored transom anyday. Your thoughts Jabba?

bigjimg
05-09-2009, 09:21 AM
If construction ply or to use the correct term 'structural ply' is used to F14 or greater F17-F34 would make no difference,and the grade used is AD or AB.The glue used is the same Type A phenolic resin as marine ply and the stresses involved would be handled without a problem by the structural ply.Marine and structural ply require the same treatment by preservative when used in this application.If all is done correctly there will be no problems.Jim

Reel Blue
05-09-2009, 11:25 AM
My understanding is that the Haines Hunters have actually been beefed up in the last few years. I owned a 1994 Haines 520SF and it had a dry hull weight of 470kg. The same boat now is about 700kg. My 650 classic weighs 1300kg dry and when you see it in the water there is a lot of hull beneath the waterline. Current 680 patriots have been lifted to weigh 1500kg dry and they were much lighter when owned by OMC. My understanding is the additional weight was the result of the matrix system of interlocking timber framing and additional fibreglass.

Underway my boat it is extremely 'tight' with a very solid feel with no flexing, which I have experienced in other 'brand' boats. The transom measures over 7.5cm in width, it has a 'real' toughened glass windscreen, there is no exposed glass work, even under the gunnels and the stainless work is all first class, very thick and very solid. Everyone that has travelled offshore in the boat has commented on how good the ride is and the quality of the finish and fittings.

Club Marine Magazine Vol 22 No 1 on page 133 says this about the 600 Classic: "It has one of the strongest and best performing hulls in the business, designed to take just about anything the Australian coastline can dish up. With an average hull thickness of 3 cm, and plenty of internal bracing, there is not much you can do to hurt a 600 Classic, short of firing a torpedo into it" (Chris Beatie, Managing Editor) Clun marine also did a tour of the HH factory and broke down and explained each aspect of construction.

I accept that weight alone is not an accurate measure of strength on its own, but if the older HH had 'enough' glass in them, adding more glass isn't going to make them weaker. I have no fears around the strength or toughness of my hull.

Jabba_
05-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Just interested Jabba as to why you would want to put Divinicell in the transom of a trailer boat? In my experience there are major issues when coring a transom with foam. To fit anything to a foam cored transom you must drill an oversized hole then fill it with epoxy, wait for the epoxy to go off then drill the smaller hole this will tie both the skins back together and prevent water getting into the core. If water ever gets into a foam cored transom the delamination can be even more severe than potential rot issues over time with timber. I have never seen timber in the transom become a problem unless it was poorly installed or owners have incorrectly drilled into the timber without sealing. This will be a problem with foam or timber. Also foam is very easily poorly insalled by builders, unless the kerfs in the core are filled with resin and the core is bedded in a bedding compound such as divalett you can have all soughts of nasty problems. Even 200psi density devinicell foam which we use on the sides of big boats where through hull fitting are going to tighten up against the hull it is not as stiff and crush resistant as quality ply and the stuff is extremily expensive.

I think cored transoms are overated and so do many US surveyors who are seeing numerous failures in very new US boats with cored transom. I believe longitudinal and transverse frames should be built over foam formers not out of ply as they are not drilled into but transoms give me a good quality marine ply, properly installed using VE resin and good practise sealing of through transom holes and fittings over a cored transom anyday. Your thoughts Jabba?
TJ,, I have not seen devinicell in the flesh, but I was assuming it was new age timber composite material, high tensile plastic/timber composite, similar to New Wood, but suited to the boat building industry. http://www.allnewwood.com/Default.aspx
Clearly I was wrong..

.... What I was told about Devinicell will never rot, much more impact resistant, stronger and lighter, and most prestige boats are now being built all with Devinicell in stead of timber....

TJ Bear
05-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Divinicell is a closed cell foam available in a number of densities, thicknesses and finishes. The product is manafactured by DIAB. Divinecell is used in a number of ways but ussually it is to add stiffness to a composite panel without adding weight. While the panel may be stiff you also have to look at the panels ability to take compresive loads, shear loads and vertical point loads. So a 58ft sports yacht may have a laminate of 255g tie lay then 1120g biaxial, 20mm 90psi core and 1120g biaxial all infused with VE resin, the finished panel may exceed the loads ever placed on in it but the same laminate on a trailerboat may be a disaster as a 58ft boat is never subject to the vertical point loads a large trailer boat sees from the rollers on the trailer. When I was with Haines all 680's had a solid glass bottom and sides where cored with 10mm divinicell, not sure how there made now.

Divinicell is not stronger or denser than timber and infact to get even close the core is way expensive, what you save is weight while still having a stiff panel thats why it is used so often in building internal bulkheads in large boats and as a core in the topsides of large boats. Most trailerboats dont want or need to be built lighter as the market has a link between weight and strength ie the heavier it is the stronger it must be, this may or may not be true. You also displace less water with reduced weight so your stability at rest would be affected as less of the hull would be below water at rest.

There is a number of factors to be considered when deciding on a method and materials used to build a quality boat, some people seem to think that one hull is better than another becuase their advertising says no timber in the construction, wether you have timber or not is unimportant the workshops practises and the knowledge of its employees are a far bigger issue.

A well regarded Vic builder states on his website that he uses divinicell that is 50 times stronger than timber. I emailed the builder and asked if he could tell me what divinicell this was as I deal with DIAB daily and as far as I know 200psi density foam is the strongest product they have and this is slightly less dense than 12mm ply so I would love to get a hold of some of this 50 times stronger stuff. This was about 6 months ago I am still waiting for a reply but basically they are full of shit all marketing hype.

bushwacker
06-09-2009, 08:12 AM
My dad just upgraded to a 609 SH Stabi, I been in alot of 5 - 7 m boats commerical & other & i reckon the stabi is far superior than most other alloy boats.. Their stability is awesome, you can load them up to the max weight wise no dramas, their roomy, comfortable & oh yeah when the weather turns shit these things love it even more, the added safety factor is also peace of mind.. The 7m would be great for extended trips with that little bit more room.
Everybody we"ve taken out all say they cant beleive how good the ride is compared to other boats in the same size range.... Their pricey but well worth it..
If you looking at getting a 7m model i can only say " jealous, jealous, jealous ".

bushwacker
06-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Sorry thats meant to be 609 SC

cruisinginahiace
10-09-2009, 08:17 PM
I recently purchased a new 680 Patriot.

This is our Fourth Haines Hunter.

Great Hull.
Great Cabin
Excellent self Draining floor

The worst finish I have ever seen on a Glass boat, period.

Shame about the random individual in Melbourne who now owns HH.

Buy a Cruise Craft - For service.

finding_time
10-09-2009, 08:31 PM
- more in the cabin, still plenty of room for 4 to fish, stability at rest, .

Cheers,

Tim

Tim

I know you love "BUBI" and this may hurt your feelings but those are the exact 3 reasons that the 685 outsider in my books is the WORST riding boat of it size going round!!! Those great big shoulders that give it all the cabin space bang like shite in any quartering sea!!!;)

On the original questiion, i'm an glass guy but for your intended purpose i'd go ally but would be hard pressed to go the stabi even though i like the concept, there just to ugly!! so possibly the Oceanmaster as i've always been unimpressed by the barcrushers all hype imho!

My 2 cents

Ian

ozbee
10-09-2009, 08:50 PM
just came back from a reef trip in the patriot . it does bring back a good feeling with a jolt when the bar crusher turned back and i thought it was quite wearable.

ally has its place but a deep vee plus weight of fiberglass does have it over the spring of a ally

siegfried
10-09-2009, 10:48 PM
We have just put a deposit on a 265 Albemarle now selling 233 formula with volvo diesel and all the stuff wanna sweet ride , its the go.

MyWay
11-09-2009, 10:46 AM
We have just put a deposit on a 265 Albemarle now selling 233 formula with volvo diesel and all the stuff wanna sweet ride , its the go.

congratulation someone here knows serious staff excellent boat

i would like to ask you few question if you not mind

did u get it here or from overseas
is it 265 Express
is it going to seat on trailer
what motor is going to have

cheers myway

siegfried
11-09-2009, 07:17 PM
From Florida mate 265 express with 8.1 crusader and penta duo prop on alloy tri axle trailer, cant wait;D;D;D;D;D;D sorry to be thread hijacker:)

MyWay
12-09-2009, 11:50 AM
From Florida mate 265 express with 8.1 crusader and penta duo prop on alloy tri axle trailer, cant wait;D;D;D;D;D;D sorry to be thread hijacker:)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: nice

myway

tin can marlin
12-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I think that the bluewater is the pick of the custom built alloy boats today with col out of it now from fisher.