PDA

View Full Version : Is this a great buy?

rumy1
16-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi ALL

looking at getting one of these packages for $6990 drive away. This seems like a great buy, what do you all think?

30 hp 2 stroke Mercury Outboard motor with 5 year warranty
Anchor Well & Front Cast Deck with hatch
Front and Rear Hand Rails
Rear Carpeted Tank Rank
Folding Bimini (optional - add $410)
2 Side Pockets & Floor between Seats
Rear Step
Rail Transducer Bracket
Oceanic Boat Trailer with folding jockey wheel
Smooth Water Safety Kit for 4 people
12 months boat and trailer registration

http://www.kareemarine.com.au/Aluminium%20Boats%20Pages/allycraft425reelmate.html

Searaider 2
16-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Geday rumy ,
After checking the link in your post to get the boat details .
YES , sounds like a pretty good deal to me , but I havent been around New Tinnies for a while to see what their going for .

finga
17-08-2009, 07:50 AM
hit them up for a spare for the trailer too.

Skusto
17-08-2009, 06:14 PM
we got that tinnie with a 40 merc a year ago for 8300.. from cunningham marine they sell the same boat package altho i think they put the 30 suzi on give them a ring and see how much they want if your looking.. to be honest u get what u pay for we used to have a 420 stacer and know have the 410 rhino and the stacer was a much better boat in every aspect. but the rhino does the job for the creek and bay work, just not as good.

Edit- sorry just saw that it was there new model a few little more extras then the 410 seams like a good price!

PADDLES
18-08-2009, 08:39 AM
hey rumy, look at things this way. in 1994 i bought a stacer 414 heavy duty workboat with a 30hp johnson motor on an ungalvanised heavy duty trailer (we could galvanise it on the sly) and it all cost me $6800, this was on a good deal through someone i knew. here we are 15 years later and you're buying a similar package for the same price ................ does that tell the story on how good a deal you are getting?

Mrs Ronnie H
18-08-2009, 09:01 AM
H iRumy
Looks like a pretty good deal. We have been looking for a small tinny to use in the river instead of taking the big boat. So far all the secondhand ones we have looked at that are slightly good the guys want a near new price for them.

For a new boat doesn't sound bad at all. We are going to the boat show in the hope we might get a good deal on a new tinny there. Perhaps if you are in the area it is on at the end of the month. Might be worth a look but in the meantime contact a couple of other dealers and compare the price.

Ronnie

keen_angler
18-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I just picked mine up on Monday, I did a lot of looking around for a tinny at first I was looking at secondhand but for the price that people were looking I couldn't go past this one.

I look at it this way, they can't have this price on them for to long and with all the 2nd hand tinnys on the market and the prices people are getting for them, after 2 years I shouldn't lose to much.

Cunningham were/are selling the same boat with the suzuki on the back.

I found Karee Marine really great to deal with they didn't try to upsell or bulls^&t me.

Mike Delisser
18-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Looks ok rumy1, have a think about a 4 stroke though. Best move I've ever made. Boat Show could be a good time to wheel and deal, they might be keener to sell on the last day if they haven't got the sales figures they'd hoped for.
Cheers
Mike