PDA

View Full Version : have a gigle at my expense

Yab Man
16-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Whent for my monthy club fish with the browns plains fishing club
this weekend,

started out ok haulf way their my new second hand motor snuffed it self after 30 mins of trying to start including waiting incase I flolded it, drifted ashore in a heap of mangroves finnaly got her started the choke was stuck on.

mud chewed my way into deaper water got to stradie isalnd no dramers,
whent fishing cought 2 bream just leagal.

got up sunday packed the boat up loaded all my gear tent esky all the weekend crap in. shaw every one off, so I was the last one to leave put my rear ancore in the boat knocked the bung through the bung hole and started to sink,

No drammers just get her going water will drain out, pushed the bout out to deaper water pulled in the front ancore, tried to start her up, no go boat still sinking..! pump the fule bowl give a little chocke, ...still sinking ...in deaper water,

boat is now about 1/4 full pull the cover off fix the choke again get her going,

drain out some water on the way back to boat ramp.

pull into shore tilt the motor ........no tilt what the f...k, can't get in to close cause the motors bottoming out, jump out of boat, now have wet pants up to the waist

search for bung plug ..... no bung plug look at trim and tilt electrics yep connections cam adrift and terminal pulled out of crimp, now like a lot of preople I use my teeth to the best of their ability,, go to chuew the plastic off the end........

whacoooooooooo 12 volt 720 cca on the tonge that tickeld..... boat still sinking,

dig through my fully packed boaut for about 10 mins looking for some pliers

bingo found em fixed the wireing tilt the motor up .... still sinking.....

drag her a shoare run to bait shop get some bungs, plug her up boat is now about 1/2 full, all my gear is soaked in sea water, wait in cue for about 30 mins

drag the boat on the trailer pull the bungs out,

go to pull her out of the water with the car, no go wheel spinns. stop wait for some water to drain and get some fat people (unkel and brother) to sit on my bonnet......stupit front wheel drive car suxsess im out drianed the boat for 30 mins empty her out strap her down off I go

traveled about 25 ks down the road feel a strange vibration comming through the car...... be for i could say what now I looked in the mirror and saw my wheel was wobbling around,, slowed down very quickly. sudenly my wheel of the trailer overtook me on the passangers side and their she goos into the cain feilds
scull draged my trailer off the road.

looked throught the snake infested cain feilds to find my wheel, jack her up and strap her on two wheel suts a side should do it,

after 1 hour of cleaning all the crap out of the boaut and waiting for the tent to dry I was done

I m seariously re considering my next trip

hope you got atleast one laugh out of me

latter

Yab man

Yab Man
16-08-2009, 01:29 PM
sorry please move my post

Edit: It's ok here as it's about boating in general. A good laugh as well.

tunaticer
16-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Only in the movies they say...... well that one is rewritten.

Glad it was not a rescue mission story mate.

Better luck and better prep next time i think.

nigelr
16-08-2009, 04:32 PM
No laughing here yabman, surely your next outing will be better than this one!
Bet you slept well that night!
Cheers mate.

Mrs Ronnie H
16-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi
Did mange a laugh or two.

Did you forget to mention the chinamen and his relatives you run over on the way to the ramp :)

Hope you have a better trip next time.
LOL
Ronnie

FNQCairns
16-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Shocker! real life is stranger than fiction, better luck next time.

cheers fnq

Blaster Bretty
16-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Yep good on ya mate for seeing the funny side after all that drama! must say I did get a laugh at the wheel overtaking you! that is something you can only dream about! As for the bung hole thing! well how brave of you to sit out in the water for so long, My hat go's off to you!

Bretty

wayno60
16-08-2009, 09:49 PM
yes all funny stuff but i hope we learnt something from all this!!

theres a number of things that may not have ended up so funny

rumy1
16-08-2009, 10:21 PM
If your name here wasn't Yab Man I would have thought you made it all up ... funny as !!! Must keep your name in my mind so I never accept a fishing trip from you.
Hope all goes well next time for you, always keep spare bungs in your boat !!!

Iceman R
16-08-2009, 11:14 PM
lol geez Yab man what a day.... !! sounds like you had some fun and learnt a few harsh lessons along the way... ;) could of been much worse!!!

had a few laughs after I read your post a few times to understand exactly what you were on about...lol not having a go at you mate but can I suggest running the spell check before posting.... ;) Thanks for the entertainment and I hope ur next trip goes much smoother for you!

DR
17-08-2009, 08:24 AM
:LMAO: You don't have a mate with the name of Hooter do you ???? if so, was he with you when you did you all this???
be positive, it's all up from here..;D

Kleyny
17-08-2009, 08:43 AM
sounds like you broke mirrors, walked under a ladder, a black cat walked infront of you all in one instant.

I'm sure your next trip out will be a smooth one.

neil

Aunty Jack
17-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Thats a type story that legends are made of.
Thanks for the laugh.
It brings back some memories espiecaly the battery bit l still flinch at that thought.
Good luck next time round

Roughasguts
17-08-2009, 10:10 AM
;D ;D You Idiot!!!

Wish I was there with a video, well done.:)

Actually I have done very similar but there was more panic!!! as I was quickly running out of Beer.:-/

jeffrey_h
17-08-2009, 02:02 PM
We have a trophy for the "Screw-up Award" in our club, You would have won that hands down, 10 times over. Yes very good laugh, good sense of humour.

Searched spell checker and found this:
Download Ispell

http://www.iespell.com/download.php

You need to do a lot of work and research before your next trip. Where do you live?

Jeffrey

bennykenny
17-08-2009, 02:21 PM
LMAO......very funny mate glad that you can see that side too, we all know we have done something stupid, its just that most of us dont tell everyone here, my hats off to you!!!!!!!!

White Pointer
18-08-2009, 12:20 AM
G'day,

Yeah, a pretty good laugh but this could be serious and life threatening stuff.

Lots to be fixed now and tonnes more to be checked. Do you need a hand from the fraternity?

Regards,

White Pointer