PDA

View Full Version : 13" rims, Holden?

Seaking
14-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Me again, on a quest.

I have a trailer with 13" wheels, they are rusted and the tyres are history. I would like to replace these rims, and was told they are a Holden stud pattern. I have tried all over Townsville to get 13" holden rims (5 stud) to no avail.

Would a 14" Holden rim do it? Legally that is.;)

Thanks again
Seaking

Noelm
14-08-2009, 03:57 PM
the HK, HT, HG 14" Holden rims are the same stud pattern as the early 13", can't imagine that 13" would be all that difficult to get, you will be able to buy new galvanized ones for sure at almost any trailer/boat place. The HQ and later pattern are not the same.

Roughasguts
14-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Your better off with the HK 14 inch... tyres are cheaper.

I bought two brand new 14 inch rims a while ago, $25.00 bucks ea, a local crash repairers had them in stock, still with the grease proof paper on them.

Cheers.

Personally I would go second hand good cond Mags.

dreemon
14-08-2009, 06:32 PM
The holden mags sound good, was it the torana only or were ther others the same size?

T; tons
O; of
R; rust
A; and
N; no
A; acceleration

Moonlighter
14-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks Dreemon - I presume you're from the

F; found
O; on
R; rubbish
D; dump

camp - would that be right??:-* :-*

You forget so quickly: Marlboro HDT Torana A9X - Bathurst 1979, driven by the KOTM P. Brock, wins by 6 laps and sets lap record on last lap, whilst one A.Moffat sits stunned in the commentary box after his falcon expires many laps earlier in plume of smoke....;)

DONTdoIT
14-08-2009, 09:06 PM
i bought 2x 14'' alloy 5 spoke Mags when i upgraded from them crappy 13'' wheels

Tows hell of alot better now.

cost me $80 off ebay ;)-

Bud-dy
14-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Volvo are within a 0.5mm ( the stud pattern ) the same and they come out with an optional 13 inch alloy rim they are a reasonable offset for trailers.
Paul
PS - I will be looking at THAT A9X tomorrow morning at Madills Holden Noosaville.

Straitened Out
14-08-2009, 09:28 PM
I have four Sunraysia type Holden rims in good nick- pretty sure they are 13". I'll check tomorrow. pm me if you are interested. I'm in Maryborough.

wrxhoon
14-08-2009, 09:46 PM
I have 3 Torana 13" alloys (13x6) with near new tyres, the only problem I'm in Sydney .

thylacene
14-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Me again, on a quest.

I have a trailer with 13" wheels, they are rusted and the tyres are history. I would like to replace these rims, and was told they are a Holden stud pattern. I have tried all over Townsville to get 13" holden rims (5 stud) to no avail.

Would a 14" Holden rim do it? Legally that is.;)

Thanks again
Seaking

Stud pattern was common from HD - HG and LC - UC Torana, with 14"from HK - HG.

I would imagine the local wreckers could set you up with a couple of mags without too much trouble.

Use of 14"may interfere with mudguards, see if you can try a set first and remember to check that there will still be clearance when the suspension is working. Bolts thru guards can cause tyre damage very quickly and insufficient clearance can also cause under guard wiring to be destroyed.

Also be sure to check side clearance if the replacements are widir than the original, as tyre walls expand horizontally also when under load and subject to heat. Almost lost two bikes due to that with a borrowed trailer with newly fitted larger wider rims.

If it is really an issue to get hold of them, you could also consider replacing the hubs, as the selection of bearings available these days is quite good.

Whatever you do please check for clearance, blown tyres can be very nasty.

Cheers

Thy

Hope this helps

Cheers

Taz

sagair
14-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Cheer, Did you try Kenny's Holden Spares in Currajong & Hinspeters Holden Wreckers? If you get mags LOL best not too flash otherwie the trailer may be sitting on the ground when you come back to the ramp. MY Fraud [ford hard to type that word] wheels were rusty so I swapped on light truck Hilux [Lowlux not 4wd]

dreemon
15-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Thanks Dreemon - I presume you're from the

F; found
O; on
R; rubbish
D; dump

camp - would that be right??:-* :-*

You forget so quickly: Marlboro HDT Torana A9X - Bathurst 1979, driven by the KOTM P. Brock, wins by 6 laps and sets lap record on last lap, whilst one A.Moffat sits stunned in the commentary box after his falcon expires many laps earlier in plume of smoke....;)

Actually I'm a holden fan, I don't like the idea of having to buy tail lights and door handles by the 6 pack ::)

also,

F; forked
O; on
R; race
D; day

P; poor
O; old
N; eNword
T; thinks
I; it's
A; a
C; cadilac

STUIE63
15-08-2009, 08:38 AM
someone said that a different wheel is only .5mm different DO NOT use these as any difference could cause wheel studs to break
Stuie