PDA

View Full Version : FishingWA - series

honda900
13-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Anyone know what has happened to steve corriera and Ryan?

mate that Jacko is an absolute tool, get rid of him, his mate seems like he knows what he is doing but what happened to the other guys.. they were good.

Regards
HOnda.

Noelm
13-08-2009, 01:58 PM
I thought it would be impossible to find a bigger dumb a$$ than Steve, but they did, fully agree, Jacko is a dill! never watch the show now.

Scott nthQld
13-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Steve was a bit of a dill, but he was good to watch for just entertainment value. Jacko, can be funny at times, but not often and doesn't really bring anything to the show, if anything he brings it to a lower standard IMO. The other bloke might know a bit, but doesn't get his point across very effectively like Ryan used to.

Melbourne Rigger
13-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I reckon Jacko's alright.His guest appearances in the Steve/Ryan shows were often funny especially when he pretended he did'nt have a clue and started asking questions about what they were doing and why.He's a bit more serious in his new role now.

marty+jojo
13-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I reckon that Jacko is off his head all the time, i saw one episode and Jacko and Steve were both smashed they were giggling like schoolgirls.
Marty.

culbara
13-08-2009, 06:58 PM
I was very dissapointed to see the others go as Jacko may try hard but they were both yelling like a couple of Yobbos making fishermen seem like a bunch of dickheads
I think Fishing Western Australia should have a serious look are where they see themselves in a year and if they keep doing what they are doing with the presenters they are using then they will be just a memory and this soso so dissapopiting as i regarded their show the best on tv before the change.
It has degraded what used to be such a great show

NEWBY
14-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Fella's ya being a bit hard eh?
Would you rather Rexy boy kissing fish? He was like fishings version of hulk hogan.
Steve has started his own TV station FYI. I will send this link to Harry, the show's producer who is a long time friend of mine (I was an original sponsor of the show a long time ago) so he can see the reaction of thier watchers.
I am sure he will be interested. Jacko's allright.

dazza
14-08-2009, 07:42 AM
hi all,
fishing wa and the other fishing shows have been my regular sunday morning fishing fix for awhile now, it is a bit hard to watch now with jacko, someone please tell him he is not still on a bloody xxxx gold add, if the blokes i fish with gave me a bit of a dry root up the leg each time a fish was caught i would be really worried. i guess he is trying to portray what he thinks the viewers watch, depends on the target of the show, could and probably does generate alot of fishing tourism for wa, i did see smithy on i fish the other week, maybe we could export him over to replace jacko.
cheers
dazza

Doc03
14-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Also Agree. Jacko is just a bit over the top. Way to much yelling and screaming and doesnt add anything to the show.

Hookem_Herby
14-08-2009, 10:07 AM
I thought it would be impossible to find a bigger dumb a$$ than Steve, but they did, fully agree, Jacko is a dill! never watch the show now.

Couldn't agree more .... Steve's stupid laughing and yahooing used to give me the shits but then cam along a bloke called Jacko .... proof that inbreeding does indeed produce less chromosomes in humans! What a knob! :-X

Herby

Jasinex
14-08-2009, 10:15 AM
totally agree... cant stand to watch that show anymore... what a waste as it was good entertainment :(

Noelm
14-08-2009, 10:21 AM
hhmm by the looks of things, the show is doomed.

Scott nthQld
14-08-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm also tired of them catching the same thing week in week out, the whole show seems to be about Australian Salmon, with the occasional trevally, with the exception of 2 shows, one was catching trout on the troll, the other was fishing for tuna. A bit of species variety wouldn't go astray, what about WA other great species that are unique to the state, like Dhufish, and the sambo's WA is so famous for? As much as tailor has been flogged on air, I wouldn't mind seeing them catch some big greenback either.

reelchippy
14-08-2009, 12:14 PM
I reckon that Jacko is off his head all the time, i saw one episode and Jacko and Steve were both smashed they were giggling like schoolgirls.
Marty.

Spoton marty jacko off his dial cheers

Noelm
14-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Scott I guess in a sort of way, most fishing programs are all the same, Barra and Salmon, then the same again, but maybe a bit of Marlin stuff as well, then back to Barra and Salmon, gets a bit boring, but with dimwits as hosts, it is not only boring, but also agrivating as all sh!t.

Mossy247
14-08-2009, 01:45 PM
LoL hahahhahah I love the guys they are funny its like Bogan fishing adventures, I also agree they look smashed of their heads... I wonder why i find them so appealing :p

Noelm
14-08-2009, 02:40 PM
well they have one fan it would seem!

mookyandlumpy
16-08-2009, 03:40 PM
i dont mind people on the tv show getting excited about fishing , we all act a bit nutty when a new pb comes over the side , but acting like a tool all the time is a bit much ,especially when it takes time away from the people passing on really good fishing info, rigs, lures etc etc ,
i dont think may people who dont fish would watch fishing shows just for giggles,
i watch to learn, and i get nothing from that show now ,,

honda900
16-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Yep well have to agree with the majority, looks like the show is doomed while Jacko has a job..

Got to say though I do like the 2 dans, they get a bit carried away with themselves every now and again but they look like they have a great time on on the water.

Regards
HOnda.

NEWBY
20-08-2009, 06:11 AM
Spoke to Harry the shows producer and owner of Fishing WA and Jacko is NO MORE. They are busy shooting his seasons show with a new host so it looks like the majority wins for once.
Personally, I didnt mind him. Rather him than Rex any day of the week.

TimiBoy
20-08-2009, 06:29 AM
Spoke to Harry the shows producer and owner of Fishing WA and Jacko is NO MORE. They are busy shooting his seasons show with a new host so it looks like the majority wins for once.

Thank God! I always thought Jacko was OK as an occasional visitor, took a bit of the focus off Steve, and added something to the show. But as a host he was tooooo much!

Good to see a change in direction, I'll look forward to it. I still watch the show with Jacko, but there is much fast forwarding...

Cheers,

Tim

Noelm
20-08-2009, 08:42 AM
hhmm so are you saying they have ditched Jacko because of a few posts on an Internet forum ,or he was getting flushed anyway? I reckon we need another poll, who is the most agrivating fishing show host! I reallt can't think of one that is not a pest in one way or another, be it acting like a dill, patronising other guests, or some sort of woooo hooooo, that over loads the microphone, and must explode the sound mans ears! lucky I am perfect though huh!

honda900
20-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Rex and Jacko are defininately at the top of my list closely followed by the bloke who says "gone like last weeks pay" hes another right k$%b.

Regards
HOnda.

deepfried
20-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Not a fan myself when he is on every week. Was good as a guest but way to full on every week. I also reckon hes off his dial most of the time.

Bit of a shame for the other bloke and Ryan for that matter, both knew there stuff. Oh well at least there is relief on the way with a new host. Guesty would do alright with his own show or i am the only one to think that ?

So Noelm when are you going to start that poll and also one for whos the most popular host. would be interesting.

NEWBY
21-08-2009, 06:46 AM
hhmm so are you saying they have ditched Jacko because of a few posts on an Internet forum ,or he was getting flushed anyway? I reckon we need another poll, who is the most agrivating fishing show host! I reallt can't think of one that is not a pest in one way or another, be it acting like a dill, patronising other guests, or some sort of woooo hooooo, that over loads the microphone, and must explode the sound mans ears! lucky I am perfect though huh!
Not saying that at all but it is painfully obvious that the MASSES didnt want him eh?;)

honda900
23-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Newby,

dont spose your mate mentioned what happened with steve and Ryan?

Regards
HOnda

Bowser
23-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Personally Iprefer Jacko and Nick to Steve any day. Steve really didn't seem to have a clue, the camera was never focused on the right spot at the right time. You would have Steve scream what a strike and the camera would come around and miss the real action. It seemed to be all about Steve and how good he was (basic fisherman at best anyway) and how good a time he was having with little real info on fishing. very very WA focused, more a travel guide then a fishing show.

Sure Jacko is over the top but aren't we all when the adrenalin gets going when a big fish is on, but at least with Nick you get some real fishing info out of every episode and even though Jacko does carry on he does ask questions that allow Nick to impart true knowledge. Things like how and mor importantly why they set up a trolling pattern, why they use a particular rig and how it is set up. The only info Steve ever produced was that he knew SFA about fishing, Jacko, I think, is actually a reasonable fisherman even though he doesn't always show it.

NEWBY
24-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Newby,

dont spose your mate mentioned what happened with steve and Ryan?

Regards
HOnda
See earlier, Steve now has his own TV station....lol...Dunno about Ryan. I will ask Harry.
See comment above also "very very WA focussed" It is after all called FISHING WA???? They started it because none of the fishing shows were doing anything on WA and it is such a diverse and great state. You will see the Pajero they drive has a Waneroo Mitsubishi wheel cover on it, thats how I met the guys, e yard I managed was a sponsor.
Also correct statement, "Steve wasnt a good fisherman" I went out with the boys a couple of times and belted them every time for snapper and Dhue fish...
Great fellas but.

chopjr
24-08-2009, 09:29 AM
maybe i shuld talk to pop and start our own. chopjr adventures sound OK

choppa
24-08-2009, 10:42 AM
maybe i shuld talk to pop and start our own. chopjr adventures sound OK

lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Mary_River_Cod
09-09-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm also tired of them catching the same thing week in week out, the whole show seems to be about Australian Salmon, with the occasional trevally, with the exception of 2 shows, one was catching trout on the troll, the other was fishing for tuna. A bit of species variety wouldn't go astray, what about WA other great species that are unique to the state, like Dhufish, and the sambo's WA is so famous for? As much as tailor has been flogged on air, I wouldn't mind seeing them catch some big greenback either.

In the last series that was run over here in Wa they fished for sambos,mackeral at steep and barra.

but I agree they are over the top and I think you'll find most western australians think the same about them.i agree theres a lot for you guys to see rather than jsut the same old thing time and again.

the LBG over here is just unreal and there are heaps of places and options...not just cliffs...places like Wagoe will just blow your minds.

I'm from mQld and been here for about 3 yrs,and I have to tell you that I'm blown away by the fishing over here.

eg if you dont like spaniards off the rocks,just go snapper fishing...they are every where...coral trout...mulloway...huge tailor....you name it.

choppa
09-09-2009, 08:15 PM
and without being offensive,, or taking any sides,,

are WE all saying that we don't get excited when a PB or something special hits the deck,,????

gotta admit when i hooked the first marlin,, didn't need a radio or a mobile,, mrs choppa heard about it prior to the tag being placed

choppa

Mary_River_Cod
09-09-2009, 08:31 PM
gotta agree there with you choppa...i know i get pretty excited,as do most of us.

but I think what most people are saying is that they want to see a show about the fishing...not the clowns,so to speak.

personally i think they could really do a lot more about WA fishing....there are some great places to fish here....and the species and the quality of those deserve more coverage I think.....tbh they are only skimming the surface of what is a great fishery

choppa
09-09-2009, 10:45 PM
and the reason behind it may be ,,,,,,

most of those who i have enjoyed a line in the water with belong in the "GREENIES" room,, but to get them on line??

and then i also get the save the whales group,,

and the endangered species group

and the trying to be better group,,

and the lets get cleaner and charge you more to enjoy your recreation group

and the list goes on (group,,, pls sign up)

but i'm part of it all and hopefully so are all of those who really enjoy a fishing trip

there are posts within ausfish RIGHT NOW that ask,, where is he?? why don't they post anymore?? and again,, people who care about a sport ,, that we all enjoy

who honestly gives 20 cents about ,,catch/release in a internet forum that the WHOLE WORLD READS

those that enjoy the sport,, those that show the sport are always ridiculed

Rex,, gone,, but brought alot of amatuers to the show,, and (kept some of the streets) was the fore runner

everyone else that was before,, and after,, deserve the same accolade/praise

its not what they do on camera,,,,, its what they create in real life

(i still recall my first foot in the arse,, and to my old man,,, ty)

choppa

PumpyChowdown
11-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Haven't watched an episode since that idiot Jacko took over. Didn't really like Steve too much, but Ryan Tripthorp (sp?) was far and away the best fisherman/presenter on tv apart from ET. REALLY knew his stuff, and didn't carry on like a pork chop like so many host do.

What's he doing now?

Noelm
14-09-2009, 11:53 AM
yep, fully agree, Ryan was certainly the pick of the Fishing WA crew.

reddybayfisher
14-09-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't mind any TV shows that involves fishing - but I must say that I am enjoying the 'Fishin Trip' show on ###### (Foxtel) : they had a 7 show marathon on Sunday....the show is sponsored by Berkley and they plug SPs and Berkley outfits but I don't mind as they show you how to use SPs at the same time....

oncoarse
18-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Isn't it about time someone produced a fishing show that shows more than blokes pulling in fish after fish in the same old locations. Most of those places and the gear they use are beyond the means of most fishos, so how about a program that actually shows the techniques used and the decisions that have to be made about HOW to fish in certain circumstances. Which rigs, knots, baits etc. instead of all the yahooing that goes on every time a fish is pulled in. I'm over the top end Barra stuff! it's all the same.

honda900
18-09-2009, 07:37 AM
The 2Dans did a good segement on one of their videos, "obsession session" where they sat down and went through their tackle boxes, showed the rigs, rods, etc, was pretty informative.

I agree with most, Sure its nice to see some monster fish landed, but a bit more explanation of the tackle and techniques, sounder usage and general fish finding techniques.

when Ryan first started appearing on Fishing WA, he promised steve he would take hime out in melbourne, I think it was coburn Sound, (no idea where that is) but went through what type of structre on the bottom he was looking for then moved the boat around till he found the fish, was one of the better episodes, the camera man had a hard time thou it was blowing a gale.

Regards
Honda

NEWBY
24-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Maybe Lee Reiner from I fish will be doing WA???? He has dissapeared from I fish

Salty_Dog
24-09-2009, 08:14 AM

Only just found this thread.

Personally, i liked Jacko (sure a bit over the top sometimes, but thats just manufactured TV... ) I used to like his energy and the Aussie Larikin.
It reminded me of the fun and excitement when you hook up a good fish and the boat goes into panic mode... If i wanted "text book" fishing shows, i'd clearly watch something else.... but i watched it for the fun and entertainment.

I was getting sick to the back teeth of the other presenters, nothing personal, as they seemed great Fishos... it was just that "format" and music was getting SO old.
And repeat after repeat after repeat was doing my head in.

Steve has a couple of new shows if anyone wants to watch them.

Here they are:

http://freezone.iinet.net.au/#/freezone/sport/fishing

http://www.locotv.com.au/default.aspx

There are dozens and dozens of fishing shows to pick through these days, i thought the Fishing WA boys had done a good thing when they made a change for Jacko.... besides, the other Fishing WA shows i was watching were all 4-6 years old!!!

I guess i am not a fussy fishing show veiwer... in fact, i love ANY fishing show, although in saying that, i can't stand Mark Berg and his show.....
And after seeing what he did in person at this years SBT session at Portland, my feelings were every bit justified.

But Jacko was ok... Geez, some people need to lighten up, it's just entertainment after all :)

Fishing is fun... and Fishing shows should be fun. I sure would never look to them to improve my fishing, too many sponsors and mis guided info because of that.

People looking to improve their fishing and learn some tips should just spend more time on the water, not in the lounge room ;)

It is easy to spend days on the water with a camera, then with some nice editing make it look like you just cleaned up on the latest SP or Lure... Sales Sales Sales.

The only good fishing shows seem to be the Community Channel based ones where intentions were pure.... before all the money and advertising gets in the way.

A classic example is Adventure Bound and the late Neil Tedesco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Cp6yFhSrc&feature=channel_page

honda900
24-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Steve Correria in this one, doing the squidding..

http://freezone.iinet.net.au/#/freezone/sport/fishing

Regards
HOnda.

deepfried
24-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Maybe Lee Reiner from I fish will be doing WA???? He has dissapeared from I fish

Have you got some inside news on this one. I rekon he would be good. He is the smarter half of IFish.

Salty_Dog
24-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Agreed, he is very easy to listen too... and doesn't get around wearing pink polo shirts like the other half of Ifish :)

NEWBY
25-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Have you got some inside news on this one. I rekon he would be good. He is the smarter half of IFish.
No mate, I have sent Harry a few emails and he hasnt replied but could be away filming. Either that or I pi$$ed him off...lol...
I still wonder what happened to Lee Reiner from Ifish though.
I personally liked Jacko...The great Aussie Yobbo..that would be about 80% ofour great population.
My 9 year old son and I watch the show every sunday for an hour. Its our time sorta. Jacko rocks...yes he is over the top but does know his fishing and tells you if he doesnt....Nick was an awsome co presenter...I am a west ozzie and love the place. Although living in qld now, I get a bit homesick when I watch the boys from fishing WA.....Once again, shame about Jacko. I liked him....

ThePinkPanther
25-09-2009, 12:52 PM
It's official - Jacko has got the bullet from the show!

Just got an email from them confirming he is gorn - great news!

Salty_Dog
25-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Once again, shame about Jacko. I liked him....

Yep, i'm with you NEWBY.

I don't think he was uninformative, in fact i remember him explaining the shoals and bombies and suck rings etc
And at least he is a passionate presenter. Perhaps there could of been a place for him as a guest presenter?

I think people went a bit hard on him... if you think he is hard to watch, you have never watched an American Fishing show or an English one. The American shows are just painful... full of know it alls.

Even the boys from the ITM Fishing Show in New Zealand ham up the sensationalism to the point of being unbelievable... But thats entertainment i guess.

It's pretty hard to say Steve Erwin wasn't popular and he made them all look lame by comparison.

I would feel its a real shame if he has lost his job due to 4 page thread on a fishing forum. Thats pretty harsh.
Easy to be arm chair critics, but i'd love to see WA Fishing run a competition where normal punters can send in thier home videos and see how they fair on the big screen ;)

But it seems the voice of the majority has spoken.... such is life, bring on a new presenter and lets see how he/she goes ;)

deepfried
26-09-2009, 10:47 AM
No mate, I have sent Harry a few emails and he hasnt replied but could be away filming. Either that or I pi$$ed him off...lol...
I still wonder what happened to Lee Reiner from Ifish though.
I personally liked Jacko...The great Aussie Yobbo..that would be about 80% ofour great population.
My 9 year old son and I watch the show every sunday for an hour. Its our time sorta. Jacko rocks...yes he is over the top but does know his fishing and tells you if he doesnt....Nick was an awsome co presenter...I am a west ozzie and love the place. Although living in qld now, I get a bit homesick when I watch the boys from fishing WA.....Once again, shame about Jacko. I liked him....

I only noticed Lee Reiner was missing last week. Wonder what is going on there.

I would be happy if they kept Nick. He knows his stuff for sure. Jacko as a guest like they were doing could be a compromise to keep most happy. Over the last few weeks he has been easier to watch but that may be because he got a tap on the shoulder from the producer.

Salty_Dog
26-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Lee Rayner has been off IFISH for ages now (at least all this year and most of last year)... i think they had a falling out?? Or just perhaps time to move on??

Lee now has his own Fishing Tackle store, so perhaps that had something to do with it.

Lee Rayner started fishing at the age of three on the NSW South Coast. Fishing quickly developed into an obsession when he lived in Cooma and fished for trout in Jindabyne, Eucumbene, and many rivers within the area. Growing up in Cooma offered many fishing opportunities - as well as trout, the coast was only an hour and a half away. Fishing these areas with father Norm taught Lee many of the fundamentals of fishing. Lee worked at Cooma's Alpine Angler tackle store for four years and at 15 appeared on Rex Hunt Fishing Adventures. This confirmed Lee's dream of one day having a fishing show on TV. At 21, he was offered the opportunity to move south to Melbourne to work for Rex Hunt. After three years a guest space opened up for Rayner on Rex Hunt Fishing Adventures. After four years on Rex's show, Rayner co-hosted his very own television program I FISH for two years. At present, Lee Rayner is kept busy writing fishing articles, hosting DVDs and running fishing tackle store Fishing Fever, located in Mordialloc, Victoria.

More about Lee here: http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=132632

Agreed he is very good to watch and listen too. Paul is a walking Infomercial ;)
Just goes to prove Commercial Networks want an outlandish character over a quite bloke that really knows his fishing....

honda900
02-10-2009, 05:28 PM
I remember a post quite some time ago re : paul and Lee, apparantly they did have a falling out over a shop that was too close to an existing shop owned by paul.

Hope they manage to bring back ryan and the other new bloke that was working with Jacko, that may work.. :-/

Regards
Honda..