PDA

View Full Version : HELP! My Boat Has Been STOLEN!

JDOld07
10-08-2009, 11:53 AM
My boat has been stolen on 10/08/2009 between the hours of 2am and 11am. It is an extremely identifiable boat and I would appreciate anyone that thinks they've seen it anywhere please contact police immediately!

It is a Goldstar Centre Cabin 6.2m, Rego CP675Q. It has graphics on both sides of the boat that are extremely identifiable! Vessel Name is Ofishal Business.

I can barely type I am so angry or some other kind of emotion!

I hope the images load as I've seen many people have trouble with them on this forum before. If not let me know ASAP please.

Thank you in advance for ANY help that anyone can provide!

http://www.jdold07.com/images/P6250032.JPG http://www.jdold07.com/images/P6250037.JPG http://www.jdold07.com/images/P6250038.JPG http://www.jdold07.com/images/P6250041.JPGhttp://www.jdold07.com/Images/P6250037.JPG

http://www.jdold07.com/Images/P6250041.JPG

http://www.jdold07.com/Images/P6250035.JPG

http://www.jdold07.com/Images/P6250032.JPG

Sabre
10-08-2009, 11:55 AM
JDold07,

Mate sorry to hear......Can't view the pic's....Where was it taken from,

Sabre

JDOld07
10-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Sorry, that would be helpful! It was stolen from Upper Coomera on the Gold Coast.

JDOld07
10-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Images should work here:

http://www.ofishalbusiness.com.au/Images/P6250035.JPG
http://www.ofishalbusiness.com.au/Images/P6250037.JPG
http://www.ofishalbusiness.com.au/Images/P6250038.JPG
http://www.ofishalbusiness.com.au/Images/P6250041.JPG

Hopefully!

Edit - Photos added by mod5

http://www.ofishalbusiness.com.au/Images/P6250032.JPG (http://www.ofishalbusiness.com.au/Images/P6250032.JPG)

http://www.ofishalbusiness.com.au/Images/P6250037.JPG

http://www.ofishalbusiness.com.au/Images/P6250038.JPG

http://www.ofishalbusiness.com.au/Images/P6250041.JPG

beefa12001
10-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Pics working alright now....fingers crossed you get her back...
Damn Ba$#ards

Angryant
10-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Mate, sorry to hear the news. Very nice looking boat and easy to identify.
I'll keep my eyes open around Brisbane bayside for you.
Cheers

mirage
10-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Mate, sorry to hear. That certainly is a distinctive boat, hopefully one of us will spot it.

spelchek
10-08-2009, 12:53 PM
That sucks. Bloody nice boat - and very identifiable. I'll be keeping an eye out for you.

tinman42
10-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Mongrels need a one-way trip to Deep Tempest or wider!

supertinny
10-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Dang . Thats a sweet looking boat.

-spiro-
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Bloodyhell u must be piss#d off. Strange they would take something so noticeable as your boat. It would be a shame for such a good looking decal as that to be removed.

Iceman R
10-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry for your loss JdOld! I can only Imagine how angry I would be if I was you and I agree with Tinman they deserve a one way trip out the eastern side of moreton...!! Bloody Mongrels!!! Hope u get her back safe and sound soon mate and in the mean time I will keep an eye out around the caboolture/bribie area!

PAUL-H
10-08-2009, 02:53 PM
will be keeping a eye out for ya mate,
up in the bundy region.
sweet looking rig to by the way hope u get her back.
cheers Paul

Steeler
10-08-2009, 03:34 PM
JDold07

Sorry to hear some low lives who could not be bothered earning a decent and honest living have stripped you of your rig,i'm pretty sure i speak for all the members down this way ( Newcastle ) that we will keep our eyes open.

Travelling up the North Coast in the wee hours tomorrow morning for work and also keep an eye out on the roads.

Hope you see her again.

Regards

Steve

Chamelion
10-08-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm on the sunshine coast, I'll keep an eye out..

Marlin_Mike
10-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Mean looking graphics mate.........arseholes............................ ....

Mike

Mr__Bean
10-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Graphics are easily and quickly changed.

Other unique features we should look out for?

If following it on the road look out for....................

Inside it has fitted................

Anything else that might help when we see a similar boat at the ramp?

- Darren

tropicrows
10-08-2009, 04:59 PM
JDold07,

If you can list some unique features that are hard to change would be good.

I assume the police would view some of the video footage from allthe camera along the highways etc around your area.
I hope you get it back in one peice and i hope the "a holes" get caught and strung up.

seastorm
10-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi mate don't want to get your hopes up but today (10-8-2009) I saw a boat with full on graphics like yours near the BP at Stapylton it was being towed by a falcon. I will PM you with my phone number.

patrol50
10-08-2009, 05:05 PM
mate very sorry to see your issue - nice looking rig and a sit up and look at rig - sincerely hope it was insured ok - i would wack it on fishnet and also on the nth qld site as well and maybe one in the NT also if you can i think Nth Aust fish finder has a forum site up there - sincerely hope it comes back to you real soon
hang in there
see you rob

ozassassin
10-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Sorry for your lose mate hope you get it back soon, will keep an eye out for you in the bay side area.

Eric

JDOld07
10-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Guys thanks for all your replys and sympothy.

As requested some unique things that would be hard to change are hard to think of but here are some:

Scratches to the unpainted area on the Port side bow where the boat had missed the trailer. These are easy to see when looking for them, but not from a distance or anything.

Aerial Mount is located on the rocket launchers. Spotlights mounted to Rocket Launcher facing backwards. There is also a cabin light mounted on there as well.

I ran a 1kw transducer on the starboard side, it is MASSIVE. Suits a Furuno FCV-585, if you know the transducer you'll know what I mean by MASSIVE.

I installed Volvo Trim Tabs and had to cut and grind part of the tab the Transducer mounts to in order to fit the tab. This remains unpainted and is cut in an awkward, unfinished arc shape.

Not obvious in any photos, but the rear of the boat is white and the motor is a Suzuki 175.

Boarding ladder and gate on port side.

Rod holders are flush, sort of made into the boat (hard to describe) and there are drink holders mounted near every rod holder.

There is a smal black LED (kind of book / reading) light mounted on the baitboard. There is also a plastic tray for lures, knives etc mounted on starboard side of baitboard.

There is/was a large sticker on the boarding gate that says "This Vessel Runs on Premium Unleaded ... Not Thank Yous". There is/eas another sticker near the transducer saying "This is Not a F^%king Step!".

Had replaced factory Suzuki Prop with a 4 Blade Prop from Solas.

Not easy to see from photo, but there is a seat cut into the front of the cabin with grey cushions.

The two seats are black and have large yelow and white "Goldstar Boats" logo etc embroided to the rear of them.

Trailer is clearly marked as Swiftco with blue rollers and tandem wheels. The front centre roller has droped out of alignment and actually leans to one side (only recent and doesn't effect how the boat sits on trailer). Trailer Rego is 614 QQG.

Anything else I think of I will post. The more I think about it, the harder it is to hide a boat like this. There wouldn't be too many Goldstar Boats in SE Qld! While the hull design is not totally unique, they do stand out as identifiable even without the graphics.

Tracker
10-08-2009, 06:15 PM
pics don't seem to be working again.

FNQCairns
10-08-2009, 06:23 PM
They may want your engine and all of the bits and pieces fitted to the boat, doubt they want the hull.

Hey those servos are on a 24hour loop with their recordings? if so and if the report above was your boat it might be worth chasing up pretty fast!!!!!! doubt the cops will but you could??

cheers fnq

JDOld07
10-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks to oversized images I uploaded and an overwhelming response from members my bandwith has been smashed. You can view the photos here as a temp measure. You may need a Facebook account to view them. Check back as I am attempting to resolve bandwidth issues now.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2021901&id=1583881684&l=42aa98de7f

JDOld07
10-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Have been in contact with Gem Bait & Tackle and confirmed my boat was there between 9.30am and 10.30am this morning (10/08/2009). It was being towed by a blue commodore or falcon with 4 young fellows (pricks) in the vehicle.

I will be collecting the video footage from the Gem tommorrow.

Thanks guys for your help and please if anyone has seen or does see anything, please, please post and let me know. I am REALLY keen to see these pricks go down!

boatboy50
10-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Hey JD,

Sad news. Check every large shed in the canefields areas, and all factories in the Cabbage Tree/Jacobs Well area.

I will be on the look out in SE Qld, and will let you know if I see of anything.

Regards

Darren

sagair
10-08-2009, 07:23 PM
sent you a PM cheers

baitmaster
10-08-2009, 07:40 PM
iv seen that boat going out offshore at noosa

Greg P
10-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Sucks to hear about that. I hope they catch these turds.

Mad-One
10-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Hopefully these work for you
Hope you recover your pride and joy

Cheers Mad

mylestom
10-08-2009, 07:57 PM
All the best mate and hoping you get it all back ok.

For the mongrels that stole it. All of Ausfish will be on the lookout for you.

Regards

Trev

JDOld07
10-08-2009, 09:00 PM
iv seen that boat going out offshore at noosa

Yeah that's OK ... that would have been me (unless you saw it there today!!!)

JDOld07
10-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Just a quick update (the response and info I've received from these communities has been outstanding!):

Seen by a police officer (who launched next to it) this morning at the boat ramp on the esplanade at Jacobs Well at 6.15am. Later spotted and on video @ Gem Bait & Tackle between 9.30am and 10.30am. Also seen on Jacobs Well Road at approximately the same time.

Was being towed by a blue or olive greeen commodre sedan with 3 young (early 20's) males and 1 young female.

Anyone in or around the area, please keep your eyes peeled ... these guys as of this morning had used and not modified the look of the boat. If you see let me or the police now ASAP. If you do see it on the road, I have been told you can ring 000 and inform them that you are presently following a stolen vehicle / vessel.

Many, Many Thanks for all your help thus far!

lippa
10-08-2009, 09:13 PM
some good leads there mate, best of luck, ya got 20000 ausfishers looking for it.

cheers

lippa

Angla
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
It feels like you may just get it back. Heres hoping for its safe return and the demise of the offenders freedom.

Chris

BOMBIE
10-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Mate Im in CQ yeppoon will keep eyes out best of luck !!

ZigZag
10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi

Me too Chamelion. Probably stolen for order .. a rework is obviously on the cards with a side coat like that !!

sagair
10-08-2009, 10:35 PM
It sounds like they thought you would not be around early today to report it missing early in the day. Maybe they were watching it or one of them may know you or live near you. They seem confident they had time to use it and not get caught.

Chamelion
10-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Quite strange that they've used it this morning...

Ausfish
11-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Hope you get it back.

I have fixed up the link to the images in the first post for you

Heath
11-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Mother-F#$%ers!!!
Hope you get the bastards, I'll keep an eye out down the southern end of the Goldy.

Interested in what security you had ???? chain, hitch lock etc

marty+jojo
11-08-2009, 05:57 PM
I will be on the road all day tomorrow around Beenleigh, Loganholme, Yatala, Stapylton etc, i will be looking for it. If i see the A$#holes i will be sure to follow while calling the cops.
Marty.

PaulMark
11-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Will keep an eye out up here,its a very stand out boat,makes you wonder about the thieves(to be sure,to be sure.);)Maybe its to impress the young lady??
Paulo8-)

JDOld07
11-08-2009, 06:02 PM
OK ... It has been found and recovered! Albeit through my own detective work and the assistance of those in communities such as this.

Thank you all for your sympothy and information regarding my boat's whereabouts.

There is some minor damage and some bits and pieces missing. There is some damage to the graphics on the side, but I guess I expected that anyway. Not sure if it runs or anyhing yet, but will find out more tommorrow. Overall I can say I am relieved with the condition of the boat and that I have got it back.

I will be driving the boat back tommorrow from Jacob's Well to the Gold Coast, so if you see it, give me a wave so I can thank you personally and don't attempt to crash tackle me, because it will (or should) be me driving it back.

Thanks again and will post a bit more of an update when I get a good look at it.

PS The hunt is still on for these little ####ers. I'm glad to have it back, but I want to make sure these guys are cought!!!

PaulMark
11-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Congrats JD. They were on a hiding to nothing,lets hope they're caught and punished properly.:rifle::rifle:
Paulo

trymyluck
11-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Mate that is great news. Lets hope karma catches up with the little suckers. Hey bugger working for what we want, we'll just go and have some fun with someone else's hard worked for boat.
Mark

Apollo
11-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Good stuff mate, glad you got it back. Now where is that commodore?

Steve

Iceman R
11-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Great news JD! Apart from the damage and bits missing of course am glad to hear you got her back! Hope they catch the little ba$#ards and throw the book at them! I still reckon people who steal people's stuff like that should have a few fingers cut off just to remind them that it is just not acceptable!

Angryant
11-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Mate, good to hear that you are going to get it back. Where at JAcobs Well was it found (generically) - a boat ramp car park etc.?
Cheers,
Andrew

sagair
11-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Good one, glad to hear that. Driving it back tomorrow? Just the boat or boat and trailer, towing it back to GC? It may pay to put a sign on it saying" It's going home again" LOL in case you are run off the road by a do gooder. cheers

JDOld07
11-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Trailer has not yet been located. I'm not ready to go into great detail of locations and other info I have as yet. But I am happy to inform later as things progress.

sagair
11-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Cool, glad you have the boat at least.

swabio
11-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Wow, good to see that you have located the boat.... hopefully they will be caught and you will be able to recover all costs associated with it from them!

Pretzil
11-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Yeah, great to hear you got the boat back, im feeling like I should get something mental painted on the side of my boat as an insurance policy, seems like that wouldve helped track it down considering the attention it draws.

goat boy
12-08-2009, 09:12 AM
It's good to see one of the seemingly endless stories such as this end on a bit of a high note.
congrats mate

Sabre
12-08-2009, 12:12 PM
JD,

Tha's fantastic, hope things continue to progress....Will be interested in the outcome....

Cheers
Sabre

themissus
12-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Fantastic news!!! Me thinks thieves may well be from the shallow end of the gene pool. Hmmm lets drive around with a boat we've just stolen...then maybe go for a spot of fishing???? WTF????
Hope they catch the little #$%^&
Keep us posted, Cheers Kim.

Heath
13-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Great news!!!
Interested in what security was on it when taken. Just out of interest thats all, as I reckon that we can all learn how to beef up the security on our own rigs so the same thing don't happen to us.

griz066
13-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Great news well done keep us posted on the final outcome with the pr!cks.

Fish_gutz
13-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Great to see you got it back , hope your back on the water soon.

Pretzil
13-08-2009, 08:47 PM
I think he said he got the boat back, but not the trailer.

ozassassin
14-08-2009, 08:19 AM
That is good news mate good to see you have her back, just hope now the donk runs ok, now all thats left is to get your hands on the ass holes that stole it in the first place, it only a matter of time.

Eric

JDOld07
14-08-2009, 09:55 AM
I am hopeful that there will be video available from somewhere.

I have establsihed from witnesses and other VERY reliable sources a pretty good construct of their journey. I know pretty well where they were on the roads and 3 ramps the boat was seen. I have overlayed this info on Google Earth and tracked the whole thing to hand onto police.

I will certainly be suggesting to the investigating officer that camera footage from the M1 and servos along the way be investigated for the possibility of finding a rego number! I am hopeful that something will come from it!

PS For those that are curious, the boat was fitted with one of those trailer hitch locks ... if you own a trailer you know the one I mean.

themissus
14-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Surely there will be some footage from somewhere!!! They really aren't the brightest crayons in the box are they???? I keep hearing the theme for Benny Hill for some reason.
Keep the updates coming!!!
So happy you got your boat back with out too much damage.
Cheers Kim.

Mr__Bean
14-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Great to hear that you got the boat back, I too hope that the culprits get what is deserved.

Thanks for the info on the hitch lock, this is of further interest to me.

Do you think they somehow removed it (bits left behind?) or do you think they towed it away by the chains?

- Darren

cormorant
14-08-2009, 02:22 PM
This is a classic. Hope you get em. They didn't drop into Home by any chance on their way did they? To a boat shop? etc Be nice to know how and who the scum dispose of stuff.

You have bought a smile to my face reading this.

Get the motor fully serviced under insurance, impeller etc and if a computer one get a downdload of engine temps. If it stuffed or has been hot claim it now.

Was the trailer hitch a proper cast one or just a metal padlock one? Cut the lock, sledge it or angle grind it?

We have marked our trailer in a couple of extra spots with number and letter stamps so if it gets stolen and they rebirth it they wouldn't notice the numbers ( just look like part numbers) on the chassis , axel etc.We took photos We will recognise them if we were ever to find it again. Have done the same on motors and props etc.

Police barely have time or resources to fill out paperwork. If you know exact times and dates like you do I would show the police report to the businesses with cameras along that route and see if they will review their tapes or allow you to view them. At least request they put that day aside so police can later do it if they refuse you to look at it. We did the same with a house break in and corner store had a camera that had the bloke buying smokes fitting a description a passer by gave. Police didn't have time to get it but once we found the video we had them attend and amazing how fast they got the bloke and he confessed once they had the pictures - other police recognised him - they know the regulars. Solved 5 breaking that day as the bloke was so thicjk he admitted to other ones they didn't have video of. Saw him wandering the street 3 months later so we know the legal system is a thing of beauty. He has since moved area since we approached his doorstep and his neighbours and told them what sort of bloke was renting next door.

rando
14-08-2009, 11:29 PM
JD
If you do find some pictures of the culprits or the car.
Post them up here for all to see. No need to say anything or name or speculate who they might be.
48 thousand fisho's will then know who they are.

JDOld07
15-08-2009, 12:21 AM
JD
If you do find some pictures of the culprits or the car.
Post them up here for all to see. No need to say anything or name or speculate who they might be.
48 thousand fisho's will then know who they are.

Gladly!!!!!

Angla
20-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Can't wait to see the pictures

Great news on the find through the hard , worrying effort it must have been

Cheers
Chris

Angryant
27-08-2009, 06:51 AM
JD, any news on your trailer yet?

lunchcutter
27-08-2009, 06:57 AM
sorry to hear the news bloody nice boat hopefully she will come home ar-e holes with nothing else to do but to touch other people pride and joy hate it

Foxy4
03-09-2009, 06:58 PM
It just goes to show what sort of Balls the low life mongrels must have to knock off a boat as distinctive as this one is.... Sure hope you get it back and in one peice

Swindells
21-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Congratulations, a good result. i hope these little f*#kers get whats coming to them. common street trash scumbags.

gr hilly
25-09-2009, 08:24 PM
mate id be like a wild animal, im so sorry mate ,lotts of eyes are now looking mate lets hope for a little luck and you get her back

sleepygreg
27-09-2009, 11:13 PM
For those of you that havent read the ENTIRE post....he got the boat back. Its the trailer that is missing.

Lovey80
28-09-2009, 02:13 AM
If steve (Ausfish) is following this thread....... I wonder what the consequences would be if these guys were found and charged in court.......of putting Photo's of their faces, names and car details on here would be??? The papers seem to be able to do it unless they are minors so it should be ok right?

Cheers

Chris

Benno1
17-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Pleased too read you got her back mate!!!...any updates on this one???...did the basTURDS get their comeupances???

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

BeastMaster
08-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Mate I feel for u - hopefully insurance has come through by now - I'll keep an eye for it as well ,but I somehow think it wont look the same by now,great decals. Some low lifes must be spat in the gutter and told to grow!!

Pretzil
10-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Read the post at the top of this page PLEASE.

Do mods on ausfish EVER close any threads? (Are there mods on ausfish?)

Lucky_Phill
12-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Yes !and Yes !

and ever heard of a pm ?

36 different forum topics........ 101,000 threads.................. 1,017,000 posts and over 56,000 members........

NOPE, WE DON'T READ ALL .................

Cheers Phill