PDA

View Full Version : info sought on trip

soggy1
09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi all this could get a bit long but chasing some info on my trip i'm taking a camper trailer and my wife will be my co pilot any way here goes. Starting in Townsville well go to duchess, next is adels grove (lawn hill nat park) then to burketown next normanton staying at karumba from there i'll set out for chillagoe after this depending on time is lakefeild down to cooktown or if no time straight to cooktown to cairns then home.Now the ? what to see any sugestions big or small places to camp and stay i'll be self cont incl power and water no real need for parks. I really want to make this trip special for my wife, so any sugestions would be greatly thanked. By the way reason for duchess is that my wifes grandmother used to own the pub there and she would like to see it again. Once again any info would be great Thank you Neil:)

Haji-Baba
10-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Yes Soggy,

Try The Valley of Lagoons on The Burdekin River.

Another, Sedan Dip 100 km. N.W. of Julia Creek. On the Cloncurry River.

The Little River crossing, 50 km. East of Croydon.

If you go up the Burke Development Road to Chillago there are some camp sites on the Mitchell River. All dirt and keep an eye out for handbags.

Cooktown Crossing on the Mitchell River is a great spot, if not taken over by "visitors".

Bruce Weir on the Walsh River near Dimbula.

Lots more in the north if you look around.

Hope you have plenty of time.

If you pm. me I could help out with some G.P.S. Marks.

Have Fun Haji-Baba