PDA

View Full Version : Motor Service Brisbane

bluefin59
09-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Just thought i would put up a post in relation to having my 03 60 hp mariner , i have been getting it done at one of the northsides biggest dealers for a couple of years and paying top dollar due to convenience issues . But recently they put the price of a service up again and now it is getting a bit expencive ,so i decided to do a bit of hunting around and went back to a bloke who use to service an old 40hp merc i had previously .His name is MAL at CREEK MARINE on Pickering street at alderly , i dropped the boat of on the way to work and it was ready that afternoon he has done a great job at what i consider a fair price he has many years experience in the marine industry especially around MERCURY- MARINERS he also seems to have quit a few merc relics in his shed for those looking for some older spare parts .

service price for the 60 was $255
impeller was $47.19
gear box oil $12
Fuel pump kit $13.31
fuel filter motor $15.51
fuel filter mercury spin on on boat $20
Spark plugs 3 of $18
sundries grease and the such $10
total including GST $430.10

I am happy with the way the boat starts and runs he also changed the tell tale from the bottom of the block to the top of the bloke which apparently was something that merc recomended a couple of years ago to stop any sort of steam build up from air being trapped at the top of the block [ the experts i used before missed that one for 3 years ] so i am more than happy i hope this helps some who live on the northside and gives them another option MAL is an authorised merc service agent thanks for reading .....matt8-) 8-) 8-)

CREEK MARINE
31 PICERING STREET
ALDERLEY
PH: 33541475

Waraba Mick
09-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience Matt, i have a 60merc 04 model at present and my tell tale exits at the bottom of the block, can you elaborate on how they changed yours please.

Mick.