PDA

View Full Version : Which one???

MinimumChips
08-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi all, the boss and I are on the search for a 4.2m tinnie. Just not sure if we should go for one of the new Catcher packs with Merc (Tohatsu) or sechond hand boat. Saw a nice looking 4.2m '99' Hornet just not sure how it would go out around Peel Is.

Any comments about the new Mercs with 5 year warrenty or Hornets would be great. Budget is upto $8K ish depends on what we find, use will be fishing and stuff off Wello and Cleveland Pt with 2 adults.

Cheers:-/

marty+jojo
08-08-2009, 06:47 PM
If you are after a boat for bay use, stay away from the hornets and all other punt style tinnies. I have a 4.2mtr Blue Fin with a 40HP Yamaha and i'm very happy with it. I also like the Stessco Catcher, far better bay boat than the hornet.
Marty.

MinimumChips
09-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Thanks Marty, I have never been in one of the hornets but my main idea was to go for a dingy. We are just looking for a versitile boat and I think we will end up in a Catcher. Do you think the tinnies that have the flat hull profile against the internal ribs (Quintrex) any really any better than the others say Ally Craft.