PDA

View Full Version : Bennetts or ql trim tabs

indy
08-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi

Well i have decided to get myself a set but just unsure which ones to get.

After reading a few of the older threads it sounds like the ql trim tabs there is a bit of stuffing around to fit these compared to the bennetts i think.

Can you guy's shed some light on which ones i should get.

I have a 6m sportfish aluminium fully welded floor also

Also what the price difference bias has the bennetts for $800 not sure what the qls are worth will phone northside tomorrow.

cheers in advance

thanks pete...

Greg P
08-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Pete - I have had both. I would go the QLs over any of them (Bennets/Lencos). Wont be any problems with installing them on the Sportfish. Best way would be to get someone to weld a plate where you want to mount them and drill/tap them as blind holes. You only need one large hole in the centre through the transom for where the electrical plug/seal assy runs through. You dont have to do it that way though.

Cheers

Greg

ozscott
08-08-2009, 06:54 PM
I fitted the Benett sport tabs easily...great instructions and online videos etc. What blows me away about Bennet is the back up and support - the best of any company I have dealt with. Distance is no obsticle. They respond to e-mails straight away and are very helpful. If you want to see how they stand by their product (well after warranty too) - see the Tabman's discussion on thehulltruth.com

Cheers

krazyfisher
08-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I have just installed the m120 bennetts. no problems to fit and work well.. tried them today. I was interested in the QL's and would have got them bu my locl stock bennets and they give me great service.

tenzing
08-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Been very happy with my Bennets since getting them on a year or so back.
Frankly I just cannot imagine being in the boat without them . Whichever way you go you'll love the difference they make
Brendan

SNAPPERCOFFIN
09-08-2009, 10:03 AM
A few positives about the QL tabs over Bennet.

*QL have lower profile and stronger. No lines to get tangeled them or your mates using them for a step to get in the boat.
*QL electric driven no hydralic fluid leaks etc.
*Installing QL just plug in.
*Auto retract when motor turned off.
*Idicator bars let you know where they are at.
*If you say have port 3/4 down and change direction and want starboard down press the starboard down button and the port will start retracting b4 the starboards goes down all this means is less drag with both being down when is not need.
*If you want to trim the bow up or down there is a up or down button which will do it evenly.

Mark

ozscott
09-08-2009, 12:24 PM
The bennets can be had withauto retraction and the flash guages etc. There are benefits of Bennets over QLs too such as effectively adding water line length not just straight lift and being able to ride over obsticles. I thought the QLs were a poly too but I am happy to be corrected on that. Bennets are stainless plates. Bennets have a reputation for very long life, and as I said above, excellent support straight from the US even outside warranty should you need it.

Cheers

tenzing
09-08-2009, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=SNAPPERCOFFIN;1056707]A few positives about the QL tabs over Bennet.

*QL have lower profile and stronger. No lines to get tangeled them or your mates using them for a step to get in the boat.
*QL electric driven no hydralic fluid leaks etc.
*Installing QL just plug in.
*Auto retract when motor turned off.
*Idicator bars let you know where they are at.
*If you say have port 3/4 down and change direction and want starboard down press the starboard down button and the port will start retracting b4 the starboards goes down all this means is less drag with both being down when is not need.
*If you want to trim the bow up or down there is a up or down button which will do it evenly.

My Bennetts are under the rear step so no snags or stepping on.
All the electrics are inside and accessible.
Have auto retract. This is less useful than I imagined and I have interrupted the circuit with a manual toggle so they dont retract after going to the top of every drift.
They have all the lights etc but dont retract one side when you put the other down. I think I prefer it like this.
I personally feel that added waterline is advantageous and certainly allows planing to be maintained at much lower revs if necessary.

MyWay
09-08-2009, 10:19 PM
indy
before you decided which one, 1st make shore which one will fit on your boat .
My mate got 6.4 sport fisher bulletproof(i believe very similar at back as yours boat) and he could not fit lenko or Ql
right now he is looking in remaking plates so he can fit lenco rams

myway