PDA

View Full Version : Clarrie Hall

themissus
06-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi All,
Anyone fished Clarrie Hall lately? How's it fishing??
I'm keen for a bass fish after the sessions and sommerset's a bit to far for a day trip. Anyone else keen for a fish, we'll probably head out on sunday at this stage.
Cheers Kim.:)

banshee
06-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I put in about six hours about three weeks back for one fish,the water was freezing and had a lot colour to it (seemed like roting weed residue), but I did here that the bass electric blokes all seemed to get a lot of fish around the same time (30 to 50 per boat) so I guess they are there.My mate was up there last weekend and managed three between two in his boat and said the colour was still there,he also said that switch blades were the only thing working for him.Let us know how you go.

themissus
07-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Cheers for the info!! We heard the bass leccie went off. The water was dodgy when we were they earlier in the year.
Looks like it going to be next weekend, have a date with the outlaws on sunday:-/ :'(
Cheers Kim.

bugman
07-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Kim,

Haven't fished Clarrie for a while but the local bass in the Tweed are thick even when you're not trying.

Brett

bchaser
09-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi Kim,

Went to clarie hall monday and managed two fish (20-30cm) up the dam wall end in the early afternoon on a champaine tiger tn50. Tried a few other things but sounds like i'll have to give those switch blades a go.

Hope this weather lasts for you, monday was perfect!

bren.

darylive
09-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Kimmy,

Keep us posted. ;{

themissus
10-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Saturday was our only window this weekend and it was blowing a gale, so will try to get back out there this saturday coming.
Brett, we tend to fish further south in the Tweed during the closed season. Nothing worse than catching a full rowed up girl and putting her back knowing there's a good chance she's going to reabsorb her eggs. As you said, even when not targeting them you still end up catching them. We have a favortie flattie spot not far from the boat ramp at murwillumbah and are keen to get back up there soon;) Do you fish above the weir much? (open season of course)
Bren, the blades are great!!! We have a few and usually do well on them. Hope the weather holds for another week.
Daz, you guys will have to come down for the weekend and give it a crack!!
Cheers Kim.

bugman
11-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Kim,

I haven't fished above the weir yet. I've got a mate that does and does ok at different times. Up Dunbible crk (sp) is pretty good as I can get my boat up there and don't have to worry about taking her out of the water.

We've been getting bass at the sugar mill and under the Tumbulgum bridge. When you're on the river next pop into our house and say Gday. We're on the southern stretch between the Sugar mill and town. We're close to town only about 10-15 houses from the end. We've got a pontoon and boat ramp with a deck on the left hand side. The deck fence has got a LJ Hooker for sale sign wired to it. We've usualy got cold beer or warm coffee and am pretty easily convinced to come for a fish:P

Brett

themissus
11-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Cheers Brett will do!! I'll try and give you a bit of notice when were over next. You selling already, haven't you only been there a year or so? We've got good flatties and bass out of Dunbible too. Get's a bit skinny for poly though. I've heard the mill is good for another fun/agressive species. Do you have much luck with them?
Cheers Kim.

bugman
11-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Yet to land a JACK Kim. Still trying:-X

themissus
11-08-2009, 01:35 PM
LOL thought I'd be sneaky, I know how sacred jack spots are. I'm yet to land one too.
Cheers Kim

darylive
12-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Daz, you guys will have to come down for the weekend and give it a crack!!
Cheers Kim.

Always keen for a crack ;D