PDA

View Full Version : need 12v aerator for livewell.......any tips

yellahunter
04-08-2009, 06:26 PM
hey guys,

ive managed to pickup a large esky i want to use for a livewell (bass etc)
ive seen varying prices and quality in the 12v aerators,

can anyone give me advice on what to buy for the esky..?
i was thinking one of the ones with a rainbar attachment.....

cheers,

Ben

Just_chips
05-08-2009, 08:54 AM
You could try one of those 'minomizer' aerators. Seems a simpler option than setting up rainbars, overflows, take ups etc on an esky. They claim to cool the water as they aerate. They are essentially a US made device but they are available from M o t a c k l e.com.au for about $90.

Kev

cammo79
05-08-2009, 09:21 PM
ive just been running the johnson one you buy from bcf for about $50. just alligator clips onto the battery and runs like a trooper.

darylive
10-08-2009, 09:03 PM
I have a bucket and change the water in the esky, i.e. bucket in bucket out. Works a charm and nothing to go wrong unless you loose the bucket.

Simple and effective.

TheSaint
12-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Mate there is a few ways you can go about setting your esky up & IMO I would go with flowrite nozzle as they work better anything else out there. You can pick the nozzle or power stream aerator up at Bias boating for $20-25 with a fitting then if you want you could get stainer($8) for the pump then get thru hull pump from $60 for a 500gph or step up to a 800gph for $100 then about $10 for you hose & few clamps.. this the best step IMO but if you want to save money you can this set up for $40..
http://www.biasboating.com.au/p-1873-johnson-esky-live-bait-kit.aspx

here a link to another stuff as well..

http://www.biasboating.com.au/c-184-live-bait-tanks-pumps-aerators.aspx

darylive
12-08-2009, 05:35 PM
You can get a bucket for F'all and there is no wiring, no power drain etc. May not impress your mates with flash one outfits but works just as well and is as good as free. No holes, no power, no worries.

finga
12-08-2009, 05:53 PM
You could try one of those 'minomizer' aerators. Seems a simpler option than setting up rainbars, overflows, take ups etc on an esky. They claim to cool the water as they aerate. They are essentially a US made device but they are available from M o t a c k l e.com.au for about $90.

Kev
They're brilliant.
We've had one for about 15 years.

Just don't use them in salt or if you do rinse really, really well.
:)

yellahunter
29-08-2009, 10:49 AM
thanks for the tips guys,

ended up going with one of the livewell pumps and with a bit of PVC rigged up a little spray bar, heres a pic for anyone interested in making one,

piece of cake in the end,

Cheers,

Ben