PDA

View Full Version : Nudgee Beach Boat Ramp

picollo
03-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Hi,

Just moved into the area and put my boat in late Saturday afternoon. I wanted to wash the boat's motor but couldn't find a tap anywhere. Unfortunately I don't have a tank at home and live in a townhouse, so I don't think the neighbors would appreciate the noise.

What do you guys do?

Regards

John

Skusto
03-08-2009, 04:32 PM
u got any car washes near u maybe try them just go during the night when no ones there with a hose?

scott171287annon
03-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Hi picollo, welcome to our world mate most ramps around here have no flushing or washing facilities. i just go and see the neighbours when i get home and tell them im going to make a bit of noise for a while, they all understand.

marty+jojo
03-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Stuff the neighbours, as long as your not flushing your motor late at night or early morning. There is always the other option, buy lots of new motors.
Marty.

Jeremy
03-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Unfortunately, very few ramps around SEQ now with taps available for use. I always used to carry a hose and muffs and flush at the ramp.

If you are worried about your neighbours, try a flush bag or drum. Seems to make less noise than the muffs.

Jeremy

Chamelion
03-08-2009, 07:16 PM
As long as it's during the day it's no worse than firing up your lawn mower.. A little louder perhaps, but certainly not for the same duration.

oldboot
03-08-2009, 08:14 PM
flushing in a drum is an awfull lot quieter,and does not piss water everywhere......then you can recycle the water onto the garden........if its a small motor you might get away with a 20L drum and a brick or two............for me its a 44 with a slot cut out the front.

cheers

picollo
04-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks for everyone's replies and comments.

I used to do the same thing Jeremy. Took a hose and muffs and did it at the ramp. Shows you how long since I have taken the boat out :/

I ended up taking the boat to car lovers and tried to use the hose on the muffs but it didn't have enough pressure. Ill have to find myself a big bucket. Its only a 25HP brown band merc.