PDA

View Full Version : Tyres

Essence
02-08-2009, 05:30 PM
If one tyre is a different brand, slightly different pattern than the other 3 on the trailer, does that make the trailer unroadworthy?

oldboot
02-08-2009, 09:02 PM
from what I understand NO.

as long as all tyres are the same size and profile, that should satisfy the law.

best practice and peace of mind is another thing.

when it comes down to it it is only a trailer:-/

cheers

walruss
02-08-2009, 10:34 PM
I think you'll find that different tyres are not a real problem as long as the tyres on the same axle have the same tread pattern and diameter, size etc. Essentially can only have two pairs.

Gilli
03-08-2009, 07:15 PM
nah mate, tread pattern has no role in it, got pulled over by transport department a week ago n they said to me that they look for dodgy tyres, different size tyres and if they are either light truck or passenger tyres.

They said that they have to be Light trucks for any trailer except for some box trailers and that they must be of the same size. tread pattern plays no role in it.

oldboot
03-08-2009, 08:03 PM
This have to be light trucks, isn't right.... as long as the tyres have an appropriate load rating all things should be fine............however if you are pushing 12" rims up arround the 1 tonne mark that will probably mean light truck... get what I mean.

cheers