PDA

View Full Version : Who wears shoes and socks when fishing?

charleville
31-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Further to my finding regarding the signs of old age in my fishing report today ... http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=153184 I am wondering if indeed the majority of members here wear shoes and socks when fishing in a boat. :-/

This is indeed a critical piece of primary research associated with my conjecture that a bloke has grown old when he knows that he is going fishing in an open tinnie and wears shoes and socks! ;D ;D ;D

So own up. Who wears shoes and socks when fishing in a boat? ::)

Wearing crocs or reef shoes without socks is not the same as the feet are meant to get wet with such footwear.

This is important research that will surely attract the undivided attention of the CSIRO or even NASA. ;D ;D ;D

mookyandlumpy
31-07-2009, 05:10 PM
im 27 i wear crocs , when im in my tinnie as i jump in and out of it to get the car,pump yabbies etc etc
but i have ugg boots in my boat if it gets cold during a night fish

Keechie
31-07-2009, 05:43 PM
I wear shoes and socks in the boat, in the water, in the mud anywhere haha. Or sometimes just the socks, can't stand bare fett or thongs.

tunaticer
31-07-2009, 05:51 PM
I wear dive boots with some explorer socks, nice and comfy all day or night. For the wintertime kayak I also wear SealSkinz waterproof socks over the explorers to keep the feet perfectly dry and toasty warm.

finga
31-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Charlie...are you meaning JUST shoes and socks and nothing else or.....

I wear nothing on the tooties in the boat...just not right I reckon BUT when I go driving with Wags I wear socks and sandles...that is until he gets up me :-[

Oh, I normally wear some shorts and a shirt as well where-ever I go :D

Lancair
31-07-2009, 06:17 PM
I wear crocs on the ramp and getting in /out of the boat but have shoes and socks to wear in the boat, esp in winter. In summer usually just shoes not laced up and no socks. Flathead spikes or hooks in the feet ruin a days fishing for me.

Jeremy
31-07-2009, 06:30 PM
I soooo wanted to tick option 6 pmsl.

I go barefoot in summer, but thick socks and shoes in winter. They go on after I launch the boat, and come off again before I retrieve Bruce.

Jeremy

Jurkyjj
31-07-2009, 06:42 PM
OK, Ok, I'll admit it....I wear crocs:-/
I can safely say that I don't wear socks with them....if that makes any difference.::)

Cheers, Jason.

tigermullet
31-07-2009, 06:47 PM
For walking across car parks - water sox.

Dinghy, either those or barefoot.

On board the proper boat, in summer, it's barefoot for me.

Winter on board always use vinyl slippers and socks. They're great - no slipping, very light to wear and protect from the odd splash or light rain.

Dicko
31-07-2009, 07:08 PM
I wear shoes and socks all week at work. (only because I have to). No way would I wear them out fishing.

charleville
31-07-2009, 07:30 PM
I wear shoes and socks all week at work. (only because I have to). No way would I wear them out fishing.

Mate, I am with you in a big way.

In my last year or two before I retired three years ago, I used to sit in those stuffy crowded aeroplanes that I had to fly somewhere in every week and daydream at length about paddling around in bare feet pumping yabbies at the 'Pin.

I still get a thrill when I do that in real life. 8-)

Gosh! I used to hate business suits and all that stuff.:-[

Mrs Ronnie H
31-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi all
Only wear shoes/wetties on the ramp-- never anything on my feet in the boat. Well maybe if its abit chilly will put the sockies on but no shoes. Have you ever thought that if you fall out the boat with shoes on they would drag you down abit especially heavy work boots.

Ronnie

whatscracken
31-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I wear crocs and if its cold crocs and socks!

spelchek
31-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Steel toe workboots and socks. Unless its very hot - then crocs or no shoes at all.

Scott nthQld
31-07-2009, 09:05 PM
good old double pluggers on the ramp, just so any stray bits of glass or something doesn't cut me right open, but they come off as soon as I get to the boat.

PinHead
31-07-2009, 09:07 PM
I hate to tell you Bruce but if you are worried about what decrees getting old then I would suggest you are in denial of the reality. I know I am old and I feel it every day. I struggled yesterday to pick up one end of a 120kg unit...that annoyed the hell out of me.

madman1
31-07-2009, 10:05 PM
A good pair of boots and socks takes all of the shock of bashing 80klm offshore.

Learn't off the best and wont look back.

Give it a go!!!

Cheers

Mark

wilcara
31-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Correct.

Also some sort of footwear is essential in my view to protect feet from hooks and fish spikes etc... Plus in this part of the world and contact with water in winter can cause instant death. well it feels like it anyway. If I lived in QUeensland I wouldn't wear anything.

;D

Fish_gutz
31-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Can`t say i didn`t tell you so Charleville! looking the goods for a win on the shoes and sox! even the young fella`s are wearing them;D.

ps have thought about ending up in the drink with all the gear on but pretty sure if i wasn`t knocked out i could get all the layers of clothing of to avoid swimming like a besser block.

for those that leave at gentleman hours and those that leave at 4.00 am in winter is two different stories maybe you should check what times people are heading out ? anytime after 8am the double pluggers are on.

Cheers Andrew

sleepygreg
01-08-2009, 01:50 AM
Having very fair skin makes those decisions a bit easier. It all depends on which boat I am fishing in. In my bros KC2400....once in the boat I wear the trusty old Dunlop Volleys....f/glass decks can get very slippery when wet....and if they are good enough for roofers to wear to stop from slipping..they will do me...plus there can be many sharp things mingling on the floor during a days fishing....hooks, spikey fish, stray gaffs....have even been stung on the sole of the foot by a bee that landed on the floor of the boat (go figure.....was in the middle of lake burrinjuck). In winter (havent resorted to this since i have been in Qld) I have thick woolen sox and Uggies ready to put on once the feet have dried out after putting boat in water. I like my fishing....i also like my comfort. When not working standard footwear is thongs, but have found them bloody dangerous in a lot of fishing situations....i NEVER wear them in the boat....and definitely not when launching and retrieving a boat.....either crocs if i dont know the ramp...or barefoot if i do know the ramp.

Greg

PinHead
01-08-2009, 08:10 AM
Having very fair skin makes those decisions a bit easier. It all depends on which boat I am fishing in. In my bros KC2400....once in the boat I wear the trusty old Dunlop Volleys....f/glass decks can get very slippery when wet....and if they are good enough for roofers to wear to stop from slipping..they will do me...plus there can be many sharp things mingling on the floor during a days fishing....hooks, spikey fish, stray gaffs....have even been stung on the sole of the foot by a bee that landed on the floor of the boat (go figure.....was in the middle of lake burrinjuck). In winter (havent resorted to this since i have been in Qld) I have thick woolen sox and Uggies ready to put on once the feet have dried out after putting boat in water. I like my fishing....i also like my comfort. When not working standard footwear is thongs, but have found them bloody dangerous in a lot of fishing situations....i NEVER wear them in the boat....and definitely not when launching and retrieving a boat.....either crocs if i dont know the ramp...or barefoot if i do know the ramp.

Greg

I have fair skin also but never had my feet burnt..had one bloke come out fishing with me..he had his shoes and socks on..I asked him why...he said the sunburnt feet give him hell..I had never thought of that until that trip.

charleville
01-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Having very fair skin makes those decisions a bit easier.

Very true.

I wear crocs or reef shoes on my boat as protection against the sun and also march flies.

Also, some sort of wettable footwear is essential at the ramp where I launch from.

The genesis of my polling the issue really originates from my having sock wearing guests who look like they don't really want to get their feet wet at a boat ramp but in so telling that story in a separate thread, it becomes obvious that a number of regular Qld fishos do wear socks when fishing.

BTW, I also usually wear fishing gloves for the same reasons of sunburn protection, especially in summer when the backs of my hands get very painful from sun exposure on the boat. Have had lots of sunspots frozen off my hands.

straddie
01-08-2009, 10:13 AM
My feet burn badly as well but that's just one reason to wear shoes on a boat and land based. Not in the surf though, barefoot all the way there.

Six layers of clothes with 3 pair of socks and I have still been cold doing an overnighter on many a low single digit night. A bit of dew starts to form then around 1am a light s/wester kicks in bbbrrrrr. Throw in the odd stray gang or single hook that finds the floor, thrashing fish which can be controlled with a size 11 on their head and they are more than worthwhile having on for me.

Having been there and done that with bigger boats over a lot of years I am back in my original old open tiller steer 14ft tinny which I can launch and retrieve solo without getting my feet wet. Taking people with me is where the wheels fall off as they offer "help" so it takes twice as long to launch :D

finga
01-08-2009, 10:24 AM
We had a poor bugger in the boat one-day who got sunburnt soles to his feet.
He was a bit seasick and spent most of the day with his head over the gunnel.....poor bugger.

wilcara
01-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Its funny how years ago if you were unfortunate enough to have parents that dressed you in plastic sandals you were instantaneoulsy socially ostracised and left forever in perpetual shame by all. These hideous things and their cruel legacy were avoided by millions of kids across the land, and those few who failed in their escape were permanently damaged. I bet they are now politicians or developers who grew accustomed to the feel and smell of plastic against sweaty skin and the class distinction that bermuda shorts and long stretchy sox brings a man.

Anyway, along comes a great marketing idea from a ponytailed cocaine sniffer in a stainless elevator, lets call them "Crocs" and suddenly everybody wants to wear them.

How did I miss this?

oldboot
01-08-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm a compulsive shoe wearer, after seeing so many people get cut and otherwise injured feet and getting cut once or twice myself.......I don't step out my front door with out shoes.

I used to wear old sandshoes in the water... but I found they don't last very long.....so I got me some wets shoes.....I have 3 different pairs..... but found the in soles sliped arround inside or my feet slipped around in side.... or other stuff.

then I started wearing socks with the wet shoes... and most of the problems go away.

when you ask arround... quite a few people wear socks with their wet shoes.....and the wet socks arent the problem I thaught they would be.

cheers

beejay1947
02-08-2009, 12:03 AM
As the day wears on when out in the boat, I pull on an old pair of joggers - purely to protect the tops of my feet from sunburn from the Nth Qld sun.
(Go the Cowboys:D )

dogsbody
02-08-2009, 08:49 AM
I only wear socks with wet boots if it's a bit chilli. Like an overniter in the R2M in a open tinnie brrrr.

Dave

Bowser
02-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Socks and sandels, Victorians

But seriously, weather dependent, summer, crocs or japenese riding boots, double bunger variety of course, and winter, especially if going wide put the shoes socks and trackies on after lauching the boat. Rather look a little daggy then freeze, besides it is an open centre console.

Dezzer
02-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Anybody who wears shoes in my boat automatically gets the launch and retrieval portfolio, hey Terry.

TimiBoy
02-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Usually shoes, socks, trackie dacks, hat, sunnies and long sleeves. Paranoid about hooks meeting flesh, and sun on skin. I work on living, most of the time!

Cheers,

Tim

Black_Rat
02-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Usually barefoot but thongs when the decks hot and Uggies in Winter ;D

Damo

TheRealAndy
02-08-2009, 07:17 PM
I am in the suit and tie brigade throght the week, so its shorts, tee and no shoes for me. IF I do wear shoes (sailing or wading) i wear dunlop volleys with no socks. They come off as soon as I am out of the water. Sometime I will wear the double pulggers around the yacht club, but its rare.

Been doing lots of work for VMR Bris for year now, but am about to move into a crew position. ITs going to kill me walking around the club in shoes, been there for 20odd years now no shoes...

wags on the water
03-08-2009, 01:28 AM
For me it depends on what boat I'm fishing in. On my previous 2 boats - bare feet. Tim's boat - shoes and sox after the boat is in the water. It does help when there's access to a pontoon.

Donny Boy
03-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Nix.....nada.......nuthin.........

& occasionally.......... not even a smile. ;)

Hello Sailor !!

yellowbeard
03-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Blundstones and Holeproof Explorers in the boat. Waders during beach fishing, occasionally gum boots. Too cold in winter to go barefoot on the beach and got my feet badly sunburnt last summer the first time I went barefoot (wish they'd hurry up and invent sunscreen) -- and all the hooks that people discard, not to mention the broken glass that the piss-heads leave on the beach makes it a thrillseeker's sport.

sheridan
03-08-2009, 04:28 PM
I wear thongs in the boat or bare feet and thongs on the sand but bare feet in the mud

Geoff

bundylundy
03-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Always wear at least plastic sandals since dropping a 90cm Barra on my foot at Awonga. Blood everywhere and none of it's the fish. Also always wear shoes whenever fishing the hot water outlet of the Bundy Rum factory in the Burnett River in the tinny I used to own.

Jeff.

Nic
03-08-2009, 05:41 PM
I can safely say that it's a bad thing to fall in the drink while wearing hiking/work boots. I once fell into a creek while wearing boots, and when I tried to swim to shore I got the shock of my life to find I couldn't swim! It was summer so I wasn't wearing heavy clothing, it was just the boots that crippled me. I got swept into the shallows, fortunately.

So yeah... boots are bad. I wear Crocs, hideous though they are. :)

therapy
03-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Anybody who wears shoes in my boat automatically gets the launch and retrieval portfolio, hey Terry.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought that I might get a mention!! For the record I normally wear reef walkers but rushing for a morning fish after work,I forgot to take off my shoes. The only time I have worn shoes and socks and after the retrieve, definately the last!! Reef walkers for me.

Cheers.......Terry........;D;D

NEWBY
03-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Thongs or bare feet. Not the pluggers or even double pluggers. I wear "surfie joes" the ones with the fabric straps. Must get out of them though as after a day on deck, my feet and legs are killing me. Back not so good either. This old age thing is killing me.

sleepygreg
03-08-2009, 10:48 PM
I have tried a couple of times going barefoot in the KC, but each time, at the end of the day, my ankles and calf muscles were so bloody sore I could hardly walk, from the continual slipping. Wearing the volleys, no probs. I wear the surfer joe style thongs with the fabric straps, but find them just as slippery on smooth wet surfaces as the rubber thongs....and last time I wore thongs in the boat I sprained my ankle when my foot slipped....so the thongs go in the grab bag before I get in the boat.....need them for the walk accross the parking area to get the car and trailer...I wish people would stop breaking bottles and leaving discarded fish hooks near boat ramps.

oldboot
04-08-2009, 06:22 PM
I have to say the shimano joggers are hard to beat....... but wearing them with socks is best.

The only thing they need is a more agressive sole.

cheers

Adam_G
05-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Shoes and socks in the boat after launch during winter (Captain Dry Feet sits in the boat so only the poor deckies get wet feet) , thongs in summer.

mangomick
05-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Usually bare feet or thongs at the most unless I'm crabbing up the mangroves in summer when the sandflies are baying for more blood.
Just lately I find that standing for long hours in a glass boat the pads under feet are burning and are all soft and puffy.
I'm getting soft I reckon and might have to start wearing joggers:-/

Noelm
05-08-2009, 03:51 PM
WTF you guys, shoes ,socks, what next matching shirts like the nancy boy game fishermen?? a suit and tie? Jesus, it is fishing, it is supposed to be cold and miserable, wet and smelly, then hot as hell in the summer, fried to a crisp because you forgot your hat! bloody Queenslanders, how soft are ya's?

stickbender
05-08-2009, 07:00 PM
I wear sand shoes and socks at night winter time to keeo my feet warm then in summer to keep the sand flys and mozies off

Noiseworks
05-08-2009, 09:53 PM
It's just barefoot for me....have to admit that I haven't done a cold night fish out of the boat though. Uggies are starting to sound good.

Cheers
Noiseworks

thelump
06-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Uggies in winter. Thongs in summer.I will give some proper running type shoes a go offshore though. As previously posted the back and legs do ache after a long day struggling to stay upright. I have (or had) a mate that used to frequent this site. Malolo (Bucko) RIP:'( who was an office bound man by day but would never wear shoes outside of work. I remember a trip down to Evans head last winter where there was some morning frosts and you would watch in amazement as he crunched his way around the yard bare feet then into the boat without batting an eye. :-/ His funeral was the only one I have been to where they requested everyone de shoe themselves before entering;D Makes for a funny site.

Horse
08-08-2009, 10:22 AM
I can vouch for the Crocs style footwear. I wear cheap knockoffs and they are comfortable, safe, grip well, and provide sun protection. You can walk in water with them then just hop in the boat. I just use them as slip ons by taking the strap off.
Try them once and you will never use anything else

PaulMark
08-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Its funny how years ago if you were unfortunate enough to have parents that dressed you in plastic sandals you were instantaneoulsy socially ostracised and left forever in perpetual shame by all. These hideous things and their cruel legacy were avoided by millions of kids across the land, and those few who failed in their escape were permanently damaged. I bet they are now politicians or developers who grew accustomed to the feel and smell of plastic against sweaty skin and the class distinction that bermuda shorts and long stretchy sox brings a man.

Anyway, along comes a great marketing idea from a ponytailed cocaine sniffer in a stainless elevator, lets call them "Crocs" and suddenly everybody wants to wear them.

How did I miss this?

Wilcara,you're on the money.Kids are amazing I grew up in the UK and yep,plastic sandals and you were down with the spotty kids;D
Paulo:P

wilcara
08-08-2009, 09:00 PM
I knew it Paulo! Even thongs with sox were better than that.

Do you evre remember maybe your childhood gang getting up to just a teensy bit of mischief and trying to run away without being caught and some idiot had let the neighbourhood dork join in and he was wearing plastic sandals and the "snack-smack-smack-smack-smack" sound of his running feet on bitumen let the authorities straight to your hideout?

Phew.... I gotto see somebody about this.... Now, Crocs eh....

Marky Mark
08-08-2009, 11:41 PM
On the chilly winter mornings I wear Uggly Volleys, a hybrid ugg boot with dunlop volley soles. Otherwise sandles or nothing for me!

tunaticer
09-08-2009, 07:34 AM
http://www.biasboating.com.au/popup.aspx?src=images/PRODUCT/large/724.jpg

They are the go even with wet socks, no more damage to feet and they give grip as good as the old dunlop volleys. Plus if you step off the concrete ramp into a foot of mud they stay with your foot, not like crocs and thongs.

PaulMark
09-08-2009, 08:54 AM
I knew it Paulo! Even thongs with sox were better than that.

Do you evre remember maybe your childhood gang getting up to just a teensy bit of mischief and trying to run away without being caught and some idiot had let the neighbourhood dork join in and he was wearing plastic sandals and the "snack-smack-smack-smack-smack" sound of his running feet on bitumen let the authorities straight to your hideout?

Phew.... I gotto see somebody about this.... Now, Crocs eh....
In my experience the neighbourhood dork could never keep up,and always dropped us in it.We used to go for walks ;)along a private trout stream,twice our favourite bozo dropped us in it with the keeper:'( by answering when we were asked what we were up to with "oh,we caught a nice fish just down there".::)I think he works for MI5 now;D
Paulo.

PinHead
09-08-2009, 09:54 AM
you can always pick the pommie tourist before he opens his mouth..long socks and sandals on...and i think most of them wear that attire for life.

wilcara
09-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Or crocs. ;D

z50man
11-08-2009, 09:31 PM
weekends = no shoes
mowing = no shoes
bobcat = no shoes
fishing = no shoes

got to love bare feet in the sand ;D

Birdhouse01
13-08-2009, 07:00 PM
weekends = no shoes
mowing = no shoes
bobcat = no shoes
fishing = no shoes

got to love bare feet in the sand ;D

here here

cold night, drink more port, you won't feel your toes.

cold morning crack a can of beer.

if you toughen you're feet up, they won't get cut (badly) on shells or glass.

setthehook
13-08-2009, 07:31 PM
crocs and socks for me lol, lighter than shoes and easier to remove, no sunburnt feet. often i take the crocs off and will just wear socks....

2 weis
13-08-2009, 08:08 PM
barefoot in the boat thongs to get to the boat

Ozie_3
15-08-2009, 05:43 PM
looks like i shoulda put socks as well as shoes as last couple of predawn outings i donned the woolly buggars so as to avoid frostbite :).... but the other 3 seasons its runners only...or barefoot
us old farts get cold feet easy...lol

cheers chris

Stonkered
17-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Maybe I'm getting old (32yo) but in winter i've gotta dry my feet off after launching and put on footy socks and uggboots. I love my uggies....

Sea-Dog
17-08-2009, 05:39 PM
I once wore socks & Crocs (hate sunburnt feet) whilst wading the shallows.

It doesn't take long for sand to find its way into the socks whilst walking the shallows, but it stays in the sock and won't come out again.

The socks came off.

I will generally launch in crocks if wet feet are on the cards and once in the boat, change into socks and runners.

Lucky_Phill
17-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Slippers here..... :)

Phill

The_Tub
19-08-2009, 07:25 PM
in winter it's my gummies and in summer it's thongs or runners with no socks

kingtin
20-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Not me! ;D

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/bidkev/codnkids.jpg

wags on the water
20-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Slippers here..... :)

Phill

I believe it's socks and slippers.......::) ::) ::)

RAT-KING
20-08-2009, 07:46 PM
im 28 i didn't think that old and i wouldn't go with out shoes and sox especially in winter!

guruwing
22-08-2009, 05:59 AM
crocks at boat ramp, runners in boat and make any crew wear footwear or they stay at boatramp, im not paying for their hooks to be removed from their feet, and more to the point, im not going to have to cut my days fishing short .

Scalem
22-08-2009, 08:38 AM
I voted no footwear in the boat, but it's the walk to and from the boat at the ramp that's a killer. In the summer I look like a tap dancer jumping from one bit of shade in the carpark to another. Dang hot and blisters if you don't!! Then when you get to the ramp at low tide it's easy to go A over T on a slippery ramp wearing only slippers.... So you put a pair of shoes on only to have them fill up with water and take them off again to empty, then towel dry the toes to start all over again. Too much trouble!! Suck up the cold in winter and go barefoot, have a pair of rubbers for the trip to and from the boat ramp if you can A: remember where you put them and B: they didn't float away on the incoming tide where you left them on the ramp when you started, and all other boaties were not in need of a pair of rubber thongs;D;D

Scalem

insideout
22-08-2009, 08:01 PM
i dry my feet off in the boat, and put on my holeproof socks, then my steel cap boots.... if you are in the building industry, you will understand..lol.. ( pre dawn only...)

Little grey men
24-08-2009, 10:49 AM
We hit the ramp very early yesterday morning, it was a little cold so I decided on explorer socks with thongs. Fashionable and functional..thats me all over.
Anyway we pushed the boat off and I held the bow rope and carefully pushed it around to the edge of the ramp into slightly deeper water. Old mate drove the trailer back out as I was standing there.....a beautiful grey egret distracted me, the waves from the tyres rolled gently up the ramp and washed nice cold water over the top of my socks. There goes that plan.

Noelm
24-08-2009, 11:09 AM
shoes and SOOKS I reckon!!!

Little grey men
24-08-2009, 11:37 AM
shoes and SOOKS I reckon!!!

Nah mate...thongs and sooks.

Noelm
24-08-2009, 11:41 AM
shoes, bloody safety boots, slippers, joggers and Gumboots we are not fishing the South Pole you know!

wilcara
30-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Some of us are very, very close though.

philzero44
30-08-2009, 06:37 PM
I do where my waders on overcast nights

Mark Lynch
16-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Barefoot for me in the boat, thongs from the car to the boat / boat to car

Lynchy

Sea-Dog
16-09-2009, 09:17 AM
... if you toughen you're feet up, they won't get cut (badly) on shells or glass.

My old man tells the story of when he was stationed in Port Moresby PNG
with the RAAF where he was the skipper of a crash boat.
(Picked up the bodies and leftovers from aircraft that crashed into the drink)

He said he never wore shoes. One day he managed to open up
the sole of his foot on something.

He went to the doc for stitches.

He reckons he ended up with bruising on the sole of
his foot because the skin was so tough, the doc bent
several needles trying to sew his foot back together.

yellowbeard
16-09-2009, 10:04 AM
It's been fascinating reading. Now who wears shoes and socks when on the nest?

Sea-Dog
17-09-2009, 05:14 PM
It's been fascinating reading. Now who wears shoes and socks when on the nest?

Only a rubber boot. ::)