PDA

View Full Version : Mattress for Camper Trailer

wags on the water
30-07-2009, 05:22 PM
For those of you who have replaced the mattress in their Camper Trailer recently (in the last 12 months), or have bought one new, can you put me in the right direction in finding a quality mattress at an affordable cost.

Thanks,
Wags

I'm in the market for a King size mattress for my newly built CT.

wags on the water
30-07-2009, 05:25 PM
The tent is made and all I need to do is finish the painting and register it and it's camping time.

FNQCairns
30-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Camp mattress? I just lately bought a queen sized oztrail 10mm self inflating after near 12 years or so of owning 2 of the older types (double and a single) without the special tubes inside to help it inflate fast etc. Don't let anyone tell you that the new faster inflating ones are as comfortable as the older style solid foam ones.

My wife and I just finished spent 10 nights on the new one while we had visitors and we both want the old worn out one back but it is still the second most comfortable sleep we have had on anything camping.

cheers fnq

Greg P
30-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Wags - try this mob

http://www.madetomeasuremattresses.com.au/

They are at Clontarf. Had a look at them for the boat mattress

Steeler
30-07-2009, 07:02 PM
A good woman i would think:P;D;):D

petelaska
30-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Try Clark Rubber lay on a few different types of foam till you find one that fits the bill. My wife recons that our camper mattress is more comfy than our house one.
Pete

maztez
31-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Wags I have recently bought a foam mattress from Super A Mart at Helensvale . Queen size for $120 . We have since traded camper in on a poptop van and kept the mattress , all this in a matter of 4 weeks .

finga
31-07-2009, 06:23 PM
A few bottles of this and who cares if they have a mattress or nbnot....oopsd Had a bit already :D

PS mow yoyr lawn eh ::)

rubba
31-07-2009, 06:25 PM
good looking trailer mate
:o

shano
01-08-2009, 09:36 AM
thats a fine looking trailer you got there wags! was it a little high for the hitch on the car? i notice you have the trailer hitch under the draw bar!!!

wags on the water
01-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Shano - I've put same rims/tyres as on the Prado and it does sit a little high. After everything is bolted and screwed into place it may sit lower allowing for the hitch to fit back on top. I've made it so you can have it either way. Two 65l water tanks, 2 jerry can holders, 2 gas bottle holders.....the usual setup...I'm going to put a battery in the box for lighting and fridge connections in the rear.

Scott - the front lawn looks good to me ;) ....you can't see the back unless.....you've been peeking over my fence ::) ::) :o :o

bam424
02-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Try Pillow Talk, the missus bought one there and it is very comfortable and king size. Bruce

wags on the water
11-08-2009, 09:52 AM
To all the replies - Thanks.
I looked at all of them and ended up with an innerspring from Makin Mattresses.

Regards,
Wags

Heath
11-08-2009, 12:16 PM
My camper is due at the end of next week hopefully. I'll be definately getting an inner Spring matress to put in it rather than the regular foam jobby.
A good nights sleep when camping makes all the difference I reckon.

wags on the water
11-08-2009, 07:43 PM
I'll let you know how it goes.......;D :P

steve99
12-08-2009, 11:39 AM
For those of you who have replaced the mattress in their Camper Trailer recently (in the last 12 months), or have bought one new, can you put me in the right direction in finding a quality mattress at an affordable cost.

Thanks,
Wags

I'm in the market for a King size mattress for my newly built CT.

Clark Rubber have a good range of mattress's. I have a couple and there great.

wags on the water
12-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Clark Rubber have a good range of mattress's. I have a couple and there great.

Thanks Steve99 - refer to post 13 though.

Cheers,
Wags

steve99
13-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Thanks Steve99 - refer to post 13 though.

Cheers,
Wags

......... :hammer:

adam69
13-08-2009, 08:17 AM
I have a queen size innerspring mattress in mine - nothing like sleeping like your at home!!!

bdaearth
13-08-2009, 06:41 PM
To all the replies - Thanks.
I looked at all of them and ended up with an innerspring from Makin Mattresses.

Regards,
Wags

Mate how much do you pay for it if you dont mind me asking I was thinking of heading there to get one myself. Also did you get a 100mm or higher???

Reel
29-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I replaced our heavy duty foam mattress in our camper last year with an innerspring one from made to measure mattresses at clontarf, the quality and service was excellent and its the best thing we have ever done to our camper trailer.

i used to have troubles sleeping on the foam and ended up with a sore back, but not any longer, i highly recommend this small family business, no i dont have any connection with them at all.