PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Calender (Bash , Session , Muster & ??)

NAGG
28-07-2009, 04:18 PM
With the completion of another successful Ausfish gathering & the run up to the Muster - I got to thinking about next year - Ideas & potentially another destination:P We need some ideas Destinations / Month ( Target species) - Keep it Impoundment ....... & not any further than 5 hours (Brisbane)

At this stage we have

Burumba Bash (March)

Somerset Session ( Daryl's Birthday / July)

Mondy Muster (Sept)

Note: There are regular trips by the die hards to Monduran - so I dont think we need to organise another gazetted gathering::)

Something to mull over & to discuss here on line & at the Muster

Cheers

Chris

themissus
28-07-2009, 04:35 PM
I like it....you an idea's man Chris;)

Sept to march is a long wait though........surely we can come up with something in between.:o

NAGG
28-07-2009, 05:01 PM
I like it....you an idea's man Chris;)

Sept to march is a long wait though........surely we can come up with something in between.:o

it is a long time Kim :( .... but we dont necesarily need to plug that gap ....... I guess it depends on destinations & target species ( we need to be a chance of catching fish)

Chris

DEANO68
28-07-2009, 05:06 PM
it is a long time Kim :( .... but we dont necesarily need to plug that gap ....... I guess it depends on destinations & target species ( we need to be a chance of catching fish)

Chris

mabe we do need to plug the gap chris, say end of november start of december......
how about a bass / barra challenge at lenthals, think there are camp sites at the wongie waterhole,.???would have to look into camp details but.??::) ::) ::)
deano..8-)

p.s. tony would have some info no doubt...;)

NAGG
28-07-2009, 05:13 PM
mabe we do need to plug the gap chris, say end of november start of december......
how about a bass / barra challenge at lenthals, think there are camp sites at the wongie waterhole,.???would have to look into camp details but.??::) ::) ::)
deano..8-)

p.s. tony would have some info no doubt...;)

That sounds interesting

mid Nov - early Dec is the Barra tour ....... so I need to be conscience of that!
How is the road into Lenthals these days ?

Chris

Tropicaltrout
28-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Yeah Lenthalls is a goodin, the road will put a few off its is rough but to be honest it is drivable with ease if taken easy I took my family car in there a few times and had no dramas.... what about January to Awoonga? Awoonag Assult?

robersl
28-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Isn,t there an issue at lenthalls with motors like 2 strokes ect

shane

NAGG
28-07-2009, 05:58 PM

shane

Good point Shane ......... SCRUB LENTHALS !

Chris

PaulMark
28-07-2009, 06:05 PM
How about a Cania Caper,nice bit of water,Bass,Sarotoga amongst others,accomodation.Worth a look,maybe??
Paulo8-)

Tropicaltrout
28-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Or what about a Cod trip? Glenlyon Gathering?

themissus
28-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Maroon Madness? Is there anything other than bass in there?

themissus
28-07-2009, 06:08 PM

Now your talking Nath!!

Awoonga
28-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Yeah Lenthalls is a goodin, the road will put a few off its is rough but to be honest it is drivable with ease if taken easy I took my family car in there a few times and had no dramas.... what about January to Awoonga? Awoonag Assult? Stay away from Awoonga Hat man......;D ;D enuff said

Tropicaltrout
28-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Oh common Trev, be nice to see you on your home turf mate:P Bloody Ausfish mob:rifle:

NAGG
28-07-2009, 06:33 PM

:thumbsup: A cod trip is what I had in mind too - i've mentioned it to a few hereabouts.

I totally forgot about Glenlyon ....... I thought maybe Copeton but its around 5.5 hours away .
Apparently Glenlyon it is also a good yellowbelly fishery too :)

Chris

stevelcqld
28-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey

Count me in... for a few in 2010... The boss might have excuses till the end of the year... after that.. It's all open !!!

Cheers,
Steve

Steve B
28-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Coolamunda would be a good spot for cod and yellas,

Nice little pond, heaps of fish, cheap easy camping. Near inglewood...bout 3 hrs from Brissy I reckon....we would pretty much have the place to ourselves...heaps of camping room there.

I love Boondoomba too. Plenty of camping room, on the water and good fishing.

Cania would be awesome too, never been there, but the bass and togas are good from what I hear....might be a long haul for the brissy crew though!!;)

Tropicaltrout
28-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Might be a poll coming on here Chris me old mate.....

Callop
28-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Cod and Callop sounds good.
2Many can show us how it's done.

Coolmunda Capers or Glenlyon Gathering?

NAGG
28-07-2009, 08:20 PM

Nice little pond, heaps of fish, cheap easy camping. Near inglewood...bout 3 hrs from Brissy I reckon....we would pretty much have the place to ourselves...heaps of camping room there.

Cania would be awesome too, never been there, but the bass and togas are good from what I hear....might be a long haul for the brissy crew though!!;)

Cania is fantastic ( good camping ) the boat ramp is around the same drive from the mondy camp ground to the concrete ramp ( distance to Brissy is around the maximum) ........... The downside is the water levels have really knocked around the condition of the bass

Boondooma is also a good option - Good Bass & Yellas - Camping on the waters edge is really nice + THE BEST WOOD STACK :P

Might have to do a drive out to Coolmunda

Chris

NAGG
28-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Might be a poll coming on here Chris me old mate.....

I think so bud ... I think so

lets get some potential destinations together & do it!

Chris

PaulMark
28-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Mmmm.Cod......and chips:o ;D I'm originally a pom BUT! I seen the error of me ways,sent me out in chains they did.Had to work me passage aaarrrr!!
Paulo.8-)

PaulMark
28-07-2009, 08:40 PM
They said I could come,only if I donated blood every 6 months to improve the stock. Now,they don't want it can't give it away! I said to em "now look,I had Mad Cows Disease but I'm alright noooooooww!";D
Paulo8-)

NAGG
29-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Mmmm.Cod......and chips:o ;D I'm originally a pom BUT! I seen the error of me ways,sent me out in chains they did.Had to work me passage aaarrrr!!
Paulo.8-)

Paulo we wont hold you being a pom against you - everyone is welcome;D

Chris

PaulMark
29-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Chris,I've lived here longer than I lived there so I believe I'm dinky di.I've actually pledged allegiance to Australia and not Lizzy and her rellies as I strongly believe if I'm living here and enjoying this beautiful spot then its all in.Making little Australians was good fun to::). By the by I'm thinking a crash course in Cod fishing could be on the cards.
Paulo8-)

Apollo
29-07-2009, 08:24 PM
If it is in December or January, I am out - Harvest Season

Pete62
30-07-2009, 09:12 AM

Brizzy crew???? what about me and the Hippies.................

More "work" related trips north, hope I never get audited.............

Pete.

NAGG
02-08-2009, 06:18 PM

Pete.

Glenlyon would be pretty good for banana growers & hippies :)

Cheers

Chris

PaulMark
02-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Glenlyon would be pretty good for banana growers & hippies :)

Cheers

Chris
Bananas?who brings bananas fishing??? ;D:P In a cake perhaps,with a funny taste;)
Paulo

darylive
02-08-2009, 06:38 PM
That sounds interesting

mid Nov - early Dec is the Barra tour ....... so I need to be conscience of that!
How is the road into Lenthals these days ?

Chris

I hear you need a Monster Truck and Naggs trailer would have no hope :P

shane

You can't use your proper motor and you can't camp there.

Good point Shane ......... SCRUB LENTHALS !

Chris

Correct

Cania is fantastic ( good camping ) the boat ramp is around the same drive from the mondy camp ground to the concrete ramp ( distance to Brissy is around the maximum) ........... The downside is the water levels have really knocked around the condition of the bass

Boondooma is also a good option - Good Bass & Yellas - Camping on the waters edge is really nice + THE BEST WOOD STACK :P

Might have to do a drive out to Coolmunda

Chris

Last I saw BOONDOOMBA there was bugger all water there.

Pete.

So (Camp Cockroach)i.e.P62 and the Hippies are organising a
Glenlyon Get Together :D
About bloody time.

When is the best time to fish there?
Has to be cooler than up North in Summer!
How is the water there?
What's the camping like?
What Cost?
Dodge the school holidays!

NAGG
02-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Bananas?who brings bananas fishing??? ;D:P In a cake perhaps,with a funny taste;)
Paulo

If Mrs Hippy made a banana cake ....... I'm sure it would be maaaagnificent:P

NAGG
02-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Daryl

I hear that Glenlyon fires up at this time of year ( particularly spring & early summer)
from what I have heard -cod fishing is good ..... similar to barra ( hot & humid days) - which makes it a good target for us
Apparently the camping & facilities are quite good ............ maybe a reconnoitre is called for during Oct :P
Glenlyon is popular with the nomads ..... but not skiers :)

So if you were to do a trip ...... Nov or 1st week of Feb ..... will avoid holidays

chris

poddy mullet
03-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Gee it would be tops if you all could come down to Lake Burrendong- near Dubbo to support our non for profit comp at Easter. Yella's, Cod, Silvers and Catties all will count (catch and release with 20 Marshall boats on the water) and there are heaps of prizes including boat and motor, electric motors, fish finders. and heaps more gear on offer! Top place to camp aswell!
For more info check out my post "massive catch and release comp at Burrendong"
All proceeds going into re stocking!

NAGG
03-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Gee it would be tops if you all could come down to Lake Burrendong- near Dubbo to support our non for profit comp at Easter. Yella's, Cod, Silvers and Catties all will count (catch and release with 20 Marshall boats on the water) and there are heaps of prizes including boat and motor, electric motors, fish finders. and heaps more gear on offer! Top place to camp aswell!
For more info check out my post "massive catch and release comp at Burrendong"
All proceeds going into re stocking!

Thats one hell of a drive Poddy ...... i'm sure its a great comp!

Chris

themissus
03-08-2009, 01:42 PM
If Mrs Hippy made a banana cake ....... I'm sure it would be maaaagnificent:P

I made a banana and raspberry cake on friday night and it was maaaagnificent. God how I love having my oven fixed::)
Mrs Hippy:-*

NAGG
03-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I made a banana and raspberry cake on friday night and it was maaaagnificent. God how I love having my oven fixed::)
Mrs Hippy:-*

Now ..... how do you reckon that would go in a camp oven ??? :P

Chris

themissus
03-08-2009, 04:41 PM
MAAAGNIFICENT!!!!!
So long as I could line it well enough not to stick:-/

NAGG
03-08-2009, 05:49 PM
MAAAGNIFICENT!!!!!
So long as I could line it well enough not to stick:-/

Cake tin inside the camp oven ;)

Chris

themissus
03-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Chris has anyone ever told you your an ideas man?:bulb2: ;D ;D

NAGG
03-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Chris has anyone ever told you your an ideas man?:bulb2: ;D ;D

I Did it once ...... works a treat

Chris

themissus
03-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Faaaaabulous you can show me how it's done!!

nipsta
03-08-2009, 07:22 PM
hey i had the cake tins with me at the session and will have them with me at mondy so lets have a cake off and see

darylive
03-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Now ..... how do you reckon that would go in a camp oven ??? :P

Chris

If you can cook it in an oven you can cook it in a camp oven ;)

Whitto
04-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Chris has anyone ever told you your an ideas man?:bulb2: ;D ;DGee's I don't know about a Ideas Man Kim......What I do know is he's a Frigging Pyromaniac......Although I was never cold at any given time within 50mts of the Fire::)........Raspberry and Banana cake in the Camp oven 20 minutes should do it........Outstanding;D

themissus
04-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Geez Boys if we start cooking cakes at the gathering people might think we've gone soft;) ::)

NAGG
04-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Geez Boys if we start cooking cakes at the gathering people might think we've gone soft;) ::)

Bugger what others think .......... lets eat cake :P

Big_Ren
05-08-2009, 05:56 AM
Bugger what others think .......... lets eat cake :P

How can we be considered soft if we name it HTFU Cake;)

NAGG
05-08-2009, 08:32 AM
How can we be considered soft if we name it HTFU Cake;)

Hey ..... We could come up with a recipe for HTFU Cake ( water ... replaced with Rum & milk with bailys) :P

Kim ..... get onto it ...... PLEASE

Chris

Big_Ren
05-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Hey ..... We could come up with a recipe for HTFU Cake ( water ... replaced with Rum & milk with bailys) :P

Kim ..... get onto it ...... PLEASE

Chris

Now you're talkin' Chris.....with Kahlua icing:P

Whitto
05-08-2009, 09:19 PM
And Jack Daniels soaked Sultana's;D

Big_Ren
05-08-2009, 09:29 PM
And Jack Daniels soaked Sultana's;D

JD and sultanas.....would that make it a sticky date Whitto?;)

NAGG
05-08-2009, 09:38 PM

so it would be a coffee & rum theme :P ....... & Bourbon :P

Big_Ren
05-08-2009, 09:41 PM
So what we are all in agreement with is that the main ingredient for HTFU Cake must have a % on it8-)

NAGG
05-08-2009, 09:44 PM
So what we are all in agreement with is that the main ingredient for HTFU Cake must have a % on it8-)

No doubt the cake will be moist :P & a % would be smart ...... 1 slice = 4.5 standard drinks 8-)

Big_Ren
05-08-2009, 09:45 PM
No doubt the cake will be moist :P & a % would be smart ...... 1 slice = 4.5 standard drinks 8-)

Better not take any cake on the Chariot then Chris....I am quite partial to cake.;D;D

NAGG
05-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Better not take any cake on the Chariot then Chris....I am quite partial to cake.;D;D

Ditto Paul ........ & if the boat runs out of fuel (squeeze the cake into the tank) - I reckon you'd get another 10Kmph out of it ;D

PaulMark
05-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Well we appear to have progressed a bit from banana cake.;D It all sounds very toothsome and sweet. Er,I think.::) But cake is good,especially a super cake8-)
Paulo

Whitto
06-08-2009, 06:46 AM
JD and sultanas.....would that make it a sticky date Whitto?;) Your quite right Paul.....over the years I've learn't to live with a Sticky Date.....it's follow through that worries me;D

Tropicaltrout
06-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Well this topic has gone to shite?

Big_Ren
06-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Your quite right Paul.....over the years I've learn't to live with a Sticky Date.....it's follow through that worries me;D

Nothing worse Whitto...you need to learn to control your cast;D

Big_Ren
06-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Well this topic has gone to shite?

Sorry Nath....it all goes there eventually though.

themissus
06-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Man, I'm half tanked from just reading the ingredient's list.

stevelcqld
06-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Honestly officer I only had a small bit of cake !!! :-)

So you guys having a bake off at Mondy ... damn I will miss it...

Next year !!!

Steve

Bear001
06-08-2009, 07:04 PM

Hmmm - come on you lot....I know its a grog cake now....but seriously...its still a CAKE........::) :-X

Sorry - couldnt resist...;D

I have a mob that will probably come up there if out of school hols. Most of us are self-employed so can shoot up if enough notice. Would be great to meet some of you like-minded alcoholics....oops I mean ausfishers........lol8-)

Cindy

Big_Ren
06-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Hmmm - come on you lot....I know its a grog cake now....but seriously...its still a CAKE........::) :-X

Sorry - couldnt resist...;D

I have a mob that will probably come up there if out of school hols. Most of us are self-employed so can shoot up if enough notice. Would be great to meet some of you like-minded alcoholics....oops I mean ausfishers........lol8-)

Cindy

We are merely cake lovers Cindy;D The more the merrier. BYO cake tins. Sounds like Kimmy is doing the brewing....err....baking.

Cheers
Paul

BR65
06-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Once again a simple thread has plumbed the depths of desperation, dragged out the dirt, and totally gone off the rails.
Is it just the sweetwater nutters, or does this happen in the rust water section as well?

PaulMark
06-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Nah,over there Brian its Custard Tarts.:D
Paulo8-)

NAGG
07-08-2009, 06:00 AM
Once again a simple thread has plumbed the depths of desperation, dragged out the dirt, and totally gone off the rails.
Is it just the sweetwater nutters, or does this happen in the rust water section as well?

Those rustys can only wish they could get down to our level ;) ;D .

Chris

Whitto
07-08-2009, 07:25 AM
Is it just the sweetwater nutters, or does this happen in the rust water section as well?Yeah Brian.....Don't ya just love it;D