PDA

View Full Version : NQ dry ice

Fisher4life
27-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Looking for a place in the tropical north that sells dry ice.

i have only been able to locate one place inTownsville that sells 5kg blocks for $30 a pop, which will last approx 3 days.

But i need a block that will last from 8-10days (approx 20kg). i know they are available, i just don't know where to get them from, do you? i used to buy them from brissy all the time for around $50, surely someone up in the tropics would make them

The dry ice will be used for our cape trip, so if anyone knows a buisness from ingham, innisfail, cairns, etc. that sells them, i'll organise to get it on my way north.

Cheers guys
Josh

Fisher4life
27-07-2009, 10:48 AM
If i get 4, 5kg blocks, will that last the equivilant of a 20kg block of ice??

Scott nthQld
27-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Have you tired Nice Ice on Bolam St? next door to Dale and Myers. I know they do have dry ice, just not sure how they have it, ie pellets blocks etc.

If not there Welders world On Ingham Rod, across from Amcor I think and then there's BOC near the RAAF Base again, don't know how they sell it, but I know they do

Alchemy
27-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Josh,

BOC up here only sell in pellet form. Welders World as Scott suggests sell the blocks, but I think only 5kg blocks. If you get four of them, remove the wrapping and put together then re-wrap nice and tight. That will be the equivalent of a 20kg block.

A mate of mine works for BOC (not in NQ) and he told me the blocks are made from compressed pellets.

Regards,
Dave.

Scott nthQld
31-07-2009, 03:01 PM
How'd you go Josh? Did you find anywhere that has the big blocks?