PDA

View Full Version : Wags Wind Rain and Squid

jtpython
27-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Righto Wags was on Route to come fishings for some Central Queensland Reds and Spano's .............So the plan was to go out and get into them. Watching the weather report say wind 10/15 with NE in afternoon .................... But the wind had other ideas not dropping whats so ever much below the 20 knot mark till late in the morning.
Our 4 am leaving time changed to a 7 am get out of bed time. Okay away we went thru the 18 knot SSE to seek some shelter behind one of the small local islands to await the winds change. So the move was made to go squiding. After finding a nice area we threw the jigs around for a hour or two with no results.(Wags thinking by this time JT's Telling porkies about these squid)
We moved to a spot where i knew some used to be only to be met with pouring down rain but that wouldn't stop us.
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/wags002.jpg
Thus the first squid was boat then Wags is on then another .......... Total of 4 then they we gone.
We were subjected to a snorkeler swimming close to a reef's edge........A NAKED BLOKE SNORKLING:-/
Thats was it so change of plans to go further out met us with some huge swells as we pounded out to my other spot.
It paid off with the squid being onto us straight away and full of fighting power.

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/wags005.jpg
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/wags006.jpg
We managed some big fella's with a couple of the tubes going 40 cm Wags got inked and covered my side of the boat with ink as well
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/wags012.jpg
18 we caught all up and so we went for a troll to see if any spano's were about then decided to hit a few places on way home for a flick of the jigs to see if anymore were about then back to harbour just on dark.
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/jtpython/wags008.jpg
Least we were out and caught something i did promise Wags some reds but next time.
The Tight Lines Comp will hopefully see Wags here to get onto them
Great company and had a ball
;D JT

mangomick
27-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Good one JT.
The idea with those southerners. is to bring em up when the weathers crap, squirt "their" boats with ink and send them home with out a feed. That way they dont keep coming back poaching all our good fish;D ;D ;D

fisho85
27-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Shame to see the weather wasnt playing the game, but theres a few nice squid so it wasnt a total shocker. Had some of that squid you gave me last night, cant beat that salt and pepper squid mate it was awsome. I tried to take the weather back to gladstone with me but obviously that didnt work.

cheers
simon

wags on the water
27-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks JT for a good day out on the water. The weather didn't want to play the game, and the forecast wasn't quite right - but that's fishin'. I kept hearing promises of big GT's, Trout and reds and I came home with a few 1sts. 1st time squiding, 1st time inked by 'a' squid (not sure if it was one I caught or one that was aimed at me...::) ), 1st time fishing with The Squid King..;D

Thanks for your family's hospitallity as well JT.

I hope to see you in a couple of weeks for my 1st Red.

Cheers,

Wags

wags on the water
27-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Good one JT.
The idea with those southerners. is to bring em up when the weathers crap, squirt "their" boats with ink and send them home with out a feed. That way they dont keep coming back poaching all our good fish;D ;D ;D

Mick, I did have to clean the boat ....JT managed to get ink all over my side of the boat too..:o I'd be quite happy to bring my boat up, but I don't have one anymore.:'(

I'll have another soon enough though.

Cheers,
Wags

kokomo
27-07-2009, 10:17 AM
nice work.

I speared a few this weekend how do you cook them?

my plan tonight was to salt, pepper, frying pan?

hungry6
27-07-2009, 01:43 PM
LOL, I love your reports JT, imagine coming up there and getting zilch and the silence on the way home would stun a deaf man. LOL, you would have been panicking to produce, and the more you panic the crappier the fishing gets, but it looks like you pull through with some nice ones, and I envy wags.

Noelm
27-07-2009, 02:01 PM
any photos of the snorkler??

grahams
27-07-2009, 02:13 PM
JT,
Isn't it great to be able to have good day in spite of the weather...well done!

KD did a charter 35 miles offshore on Sunday and it was pretty lumpy. The boys and girls caught plenty of fish, mainly lippas and one 8kg trout, but they were slipping and sliding a bit. I think you made a good call not to venture too far.
Thats 2 sundays in row where 10 to 15 knots means 15.9999knots all day!

I'm not allowed to go squidding in the charter boat anymore or Anna will make me clean the mess myself, guess it's back to the hornet (again).

It's the best squidding I've seen for many years around the Keppels, they seem more aggressive?

TimiBoy
27-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Good to see you got some water time Wags. He's not a bad deckie is he JT? I'll be glad to have him back - Friday could be a cracker this week!

Cheers,

Tim

PinHead
27-07-2009, 02:44 PM
geez..ya never know where wags will appear next..forget about where's wally..it should be where's wags.

PinHead
27-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Good to see you got some water time Wags. He's not a bad deckie is he JT? I'll be glad to have him back - Friday could be a cracker this week!

Cheers,

Tim

No friday for you this week...methinks you will have visitors...hehe

madman1
27-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Poor old Wags,

He wouldn't stop talking about the bag out by lunch time, the 20kg Trevally and monster trout when he was fishing with me in Mackay on Friday.

Better luck next time boys.

Nothing beats a good feed of fresh snapper bait!

Cheers

Mark

jtpython
27-07-2009, 07:35 PM
HAHAHA Yes he was a good deckie and soon as i mentioned the naked snorkeler he was on to it i couldn't get him to tear his eye's away from HIM LOL
.Thus is fishing
Yes Graham the ole squid have been awesome this year thank god . Stock up on bait heads and wings and calamari if keeps for a long time.
Couldn't get him to go for a spear the big sook but he kept me amused for hours on end.
So yup on the tightlines i'll put him onto some good fish ................... HOPEFULLY
Oh by the way Wags you missed a bit in the boat too
you slack BUGGAR ....... Penants
For you More Jimmies i think
JT
JT

Benno1
27-07-2009, 09:05 PM
great feed there JT!!!...even with the rain and snotty weather still a good trip out i recon...thanks forthe piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

wags on the water
28-07-2009, 11:46 AM
HAHAHA Yes he was a good deckie and soon as i mentioned the naked snorkeler he was on to it i couldn't get him to tear his eye's away from HIM LOL I don't think it was me who kept an eye on the snorkeller buddy...??? Might I let you all know who it was who identified it was a bloke???? Care to contest this one mate??
.Thus is fishing
Yes Graham the ole squid have been awesome this year thank god . Stock up on bait heads and wings and calamari if keeps for a long time.
Couldn't get him to go for a spear the big sook but he kept me amused for hours on end. I do believe the quote was ..... "I think a spanish swam under the boat....no...wait....it might be a shark...:o :o " reply... "F&^%$&^$ , Nope not going in for a dip!!!"
So yup on the tightlines i'll put him onto some good fish ................... HOPEFULLY
Oh by the way Wags you missed a bit in the boat too ......SORRY:'( it was only a little bit....or did you put it there when I wasn't looking ::)
you slack BUGGAR ....... Penants
For you More Jimmies i think ....there's more where the first lot came from....
JT
JT

So there you have it guys and girls - a day trip with JT. Do I need to mention on the trip back home, JT waving his hand/arm in a sweeping motion (between him and me) mentioning something about a w anchor free zone???:-/ :-/ :o :o

Great day and thanks to taking a fellow ausfisher fishing. Now back to reality and BILLS and stuff.

Wags

wags on the water
28-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Comp fees paid JT. see you in a couple of weeks....just don't promise those big red fish or GT's

wags on the water
28-07-2009, 12:23 PM
geez..ya never know where wags will appear next..forget about where's wally..it should be where's wags.

Here I am...:vrolijk_26:

jtpython
28-07-2009, 07:42 PM
So there you have it guys and girls - a day trip with JT. Do I need to mention on the trip back home, JT waving his hand/arm in a sweeping motion (between him and me) mentioning something about a w anchor free zone???:-/ :-/ :o :o

Great day and thanks to taking a fellow ausfisher fishing. Now back to reality and BILLS and stuff.

Wags
:P :P :P :P
Anybody who can spend so much time to answer a bagging like that has got to be in a W anchor zone
;D ;D ;D
2 Jt Wags 1
Your forgot to explain what i meant............. I was telling wags about the NO ANCHORING Zone bouys but his ears were so full of ink ;)
JT

Jurkyjj
28-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Well Done there JT!!!
Some nice sized squid in the box there.
Great haul!!
Bad luck on the weather. Hopefully next time works out a bit better for ya!!
Cheers for the report, Jason.

jtpython
28-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Comp fees paid JT. see you in a couple of weeks....just don't promise those big red fish or GT's

AWWWWWWWW Come whats a fishing trip without expectations;)

Come on will promise ya a red
JT