PDA

View Full Version : Tempest on Tuesday

ShaneC
23-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Haven't been posting reports of late for a couple of reasons but thought I would share this one for the hell of it....

After a good mate caught some nice snaps off Brennans on Sunday it was decided that Tuesday would be a goer since the weather looked ok and I had the day off work. Went to a spot wide of Tempest first up, did a bit of sounding around and found a nice show. After a friendly bet on whether they were snaps or pearlies we dropped our rigs and were hooked up as soon as we hit the bottom on what we thought were good fish. What followed was the quickest snapper fish in the history of fishing. We got our bag limit on the first drift with doubles being the order of the day! Not big fish, mainly 40-45's with a mid 50's thrown in. The annoying bit was we were after bigger fish but as they came up from 100m the fish were all buggered, there was no point in trying to release them, so they were introduced to the esky.

We then went to a pearlie spot, they were a touch scarce but we scraped together a few before heading to Hutchies to play silly buggers with the little kingies on bream gear and plastics.

The predicted 15-20 Northerly was a fizzer and we enjoyed a 30kn trip back across the bay sitting on 4500 rpm with the stereo blaring......

A grand way to spend a lazy Tuesday. I do have some photos but won't bother uploading them, the fish were nothing special but gee they were thick.

Shane

Fishbait
23-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Excellent work Shane. Any photos mate? Sounds like an awesome trip. You lucky buggers - you always get onto them. Cheers mate, Darren

ShaneC
23-07-2009, 07:32 PM
I do have some photos Daz but they are nothing special dude, and I for some reason am not able to download them no matter how hard I bloody try....

I am setting out on a mission to better the maori I got when we were at the Barwons, Ill be a happy cracker if I can beat that one!!!

Fishbait
23-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Seen your having trouble uploading Shane, I'll show the folks one of your cracker Cod. ;)

ShaneC
23-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks Daz,

My hideous head aint ready for the world wide web!!!!

If I had never cracked a sickie to go fishing it would be ok...... hahahahaha

Jurkyjj
24-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the report Shane.
Thats a nice cod.
Well Done.

One of these days I'll get stuck into a decent cod. Haven't been lucky enough to land one yet!!

Cheers, Jason.

skipalong
26-07-2009, 06:03 PM
shane thats a nice maori i have a spot where you can better that half dozen times over caught 6 like that a few weeks ago smallest was 5kg and the biggest a little over 7kg

justiin

iceknight
28-07-2009, 04:21 PM
nice report... good job on the snapps...

Fishbait
29-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Now that's a COD! Cheers, Darren